Bluefield Beaver basketball

-oo-

From what I hear, Craig is doing very well in the gym, he is there every day. The Beavers are going to have two big men this year which is something they haven't had in many years. They have two transfers: Delonnie Leggett who is 6-6 and another guy from being home schooled who is 6-6 or better, so I hear. Craig is definetly going to lead the team this year. I know that they played a summer league in Beckley against the likes of Wyoming East and Oak Hill and won the title for the league. Of course Oak Hill didn't have the Flournoy kid who was at a top 100 camp through the summer but that is still quite an accomplishment for the Beavers. I am looking forward to a great season this year, should be exciting.

From what I hear, Craig is doing very well in the gym, he is there every day. The Beavers are going to have two big men this year which is something they haven't had in many years. They have two transfers: Delonnie Leggett who is 6-6 and another guy from being home schooled who is 6-6 or better, so I hear. Craig is definetly going to lead the team this year. I know that they played a summer league in Beckley against the likes of Wyoming East and Oak Hill and won the title for the league. Of course Oak Hill didn't have the Flournoy kid who was at a top 100 camp through the summer but that is still quite an accomplishment for the Beavers. I am looking forward to a great season this year, should be exciting.

Is the homeschooled kid Joe Woodrum because thats what I have heard and he is 6'5 or 6'6 if thats who your talking about

Is the homeschooled kid Joe Woodrum because thats what I have heard and he is 6'5 or 6'6 if thats who your talking about

i think joe is who there talking about and what ive heard from his little brothers is that he just works out with the team hes not playing for bluefield he will stay homeschooled

i think joe is who there talking about and what ive heard from his little brothers is that he just works out with the team hes not playing for bluefield he will stay homeschooled

A rule change by the SSAC several years ago now allows kids to be home-schooled, but play sports for their local high school. This was the result of a lawsuit brought by the family of a kid in the northern part of the state. So he could continue to be home-schooled, but play basketball at Bluefield.

A rule change by the SSAC several years ago now allows kids to be home-schooled, but play sports for their local high school. This was the result of a lawsuit brought by the family of a kid in the northern part of the state. So he could continue to be home-schooled, but play basketball at Bluefield.

I have a problem with that. If the school isn't good enough for a student to attend it and get an education there, then they shouldn't be allowed to play athletics for that school...just my opinion and is in no way pointed towards Bluefield or this young man. I really hope he does get to play and is a great asset to the team...but it really doesn't matter since "you know who" will still be the coach...

I have a problem with that. If the school isn't good enough for a student to attend it and get an education there, then they shouldn't be allowed to play athletics for that school...just my opinion and is in no way pointed towards Bluefield or this young man. I really hope he does get to play and is a great asset to the team...but it really doesn't matter since "you know who" will still be the coach...

I agree, GMan. If you want to play for the school you should be a student at the school. Like you said, if the school isn't good enough for his education, then he shouldn't be allowed to sport the colors.

Agreed.

The guys name is Joe and he is currently enrolled at Bluefield. He enrolled last week. Coaching is a question mark but Coach Webster is going to be an assistant this year so that will help. The kids know and respect him. He has coached many of them from the time they were old enough to play ball

Having Coach Webster back on the bench is the most positive thing that has happened to Bluefield basketball in several years. It's finally a step in the right direction. Now, if we could get Willie Ellison back as well.

This. But even then, Gilliard found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

Having Coach Webster back on the bench is the most positive thing that has happened to Bluefield basketball in several years. It's finally a step in the right direction. Now, if we could get Willie Ellison back as well.

Getting off the subject here---

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RULES!!!

Life has many choices---eternity two

Getting off the subject here---

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RULES!!!

Life has many choices---eternity two

Thanks.

Regardless Hokie07, having Webster on the bench is much better than not. I didn't watch any Bluefield games last season, but I talked with some who did. I heard the same thing from each of them about the Bluefield team: poorly coached, playground basketball, no discipline (strategy-wise), no cohesiveness, etc. In a nut-shell, they were like Mount View during the late 1990s and early to mid 2000s.

Regardless Hokie07, having Webster on the bench is much better than not. I didn't watch any Bluefield games last season, but I talked with some who did. I heard the same thing from each of them about the Bluefield team: poorly coached, playground basketball, no discipline (strategy-wise), no cohesiveness, etc. In a nut-shell, they were like Mount View during the late 1990s and early to mid 2000s.

No disagreeing here. We're on the same page.

BTW, Happy birthday!