Class Act in Marion Va

therealgame

Towards the end of halftime Abingdon fan were treated to a egg bath by some very classy Marion fans. This is just another piece of evidence that Marion is one of, if not the very worst team in terms of class by they're fans and students.

Towards the end of halftime Abingdon fan were treated to a egg bath by some very classy Marion fans. This is just another piece of evidence that Marion is one of, if not the very worst team in terms of class by they're fans and students.

a flock of Falcons probably did a fly over at halftime. Nothing to wory about; a little Ajax will take it out of your threads

About as classy as the Abingdon volleyball girls saying f you as they shook hands after Marion defeated them Tuesday evening. Plus it`s a good thing when anyone from Abingdon takes any kind of bath!

atleast they don't have the women's soccer player from new mexico...then it would have got ugly!

Hold on just one second here. Let me make sure that I'm grasping a very vital bit of information correctly.....

Marion has football fans???

could we get a picture of that...

One of the worst act's of sportsmanship i've ever seen....

Not talking about the eggs, but the fans/players in general, the egg situation just added to it.

I heard numerous marion fans cursing out loud (actually, yelling) with young children around, and saying unbelievable things about kids, i repeat KIDS on abingdons team'.

I was told by an A-town player that multiple times during the game after a play was over he was receiving punches to the privates, was spit on, and even had a marion player try to pull a brandon spikes on him after a kickoff.

(see - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/02/brandon-spikes-eye-gougin_n_342401.html)

I lost a lot of respect for marion last night and feel sorry for the players/fans who get a bad name for the few idiots out there..... :rolleyes:

Edited by randomFalcon

I think alot of this is BS Abingdon is just pissed cause they were dominated last night period

Sure abingdon was dominated, and sure we're pissed about it, but everything i said was truth. Get over the fact that the canes put on a clinic for terrible sportsmanship

I would not lie about something like that. I would have rather lost last night than win in the fashion Marion did.

Where have you been? Its Abingdon vs Marion. Thats expected and believe me its a two way street. How about Abindon's cheap shot on number 40 from Marion? Believe me anyone on Abingdon's team wouldn't be anything for that guy lol. And the eggs were quite funny considering the amount that was thrown and they never got caught at all.

One of the worst act's of sportsmanship i've ever seen....

Not talking about the eggs, but the fans/players in general, the egg situation just added to it.

I heard numerous marion fans cursing out loud (actually, yelling) with young children around, and saying unbelievable things about kids, i repeat KIDS on abingdons team'.

I was told by an A-town player that multiple times during the game after a play was over he was receiving punches to the privates, was spit on, and even had a marion player try to pull a brandon spikes on him after a kickoff.

(see - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/02/brandon-spikes-eye-gougin_n_342401.html)

I lost a lot of respect for marion last night and feel sorry for the players/fans who get a bad name for the few idiots out there..... :rolleyes:

Where have you been? Its Abingdon vs Marion. Thats expected and believe me its a two way street. How about Abindon's cheap shot on number 40 from Marion? Believe me anyone on Abingdon's team wouldn't be anything for that guy lol. And the eggs were quite funny considering the amount that was thrown and they never got caught at all.

a cheap shot is a part of football that happens in almost every game, what the canes did was completely different.

what do you call punching players in the balls and eye gouging?

and are you talking about the cheap shot that occured once #40 returned after being benched for TWO personal foul's?

..even the Marion coach knew that guy was playing dirty

Edited by randomFalcon

you mean the cheap shot that occured once #40 returned after being benched for TWO personal foul's? (not to mention the ones the ref's didnt see)

..even the Marion coach knew that guy was playing dirty

I'll give you that. Things are two ways. But who do you blame? The one who starts it or the one who cant help but to retaliate? I mean with such a tense rivalry its not fun to keep your cool and just give in. But of course there are tons that the refs dont see.

welcome randombird..i love the name..falconman,southside..now you..lets see,last year you started a fight cause you were ahead and didn't wanna let us comeback..your guys pile on and if memory serves me right you pinch,bite and grab genitals while in the pile..just like a bird..maybe you all need to keep ya beaks shut and play ball..lil bitty birds from abingdon..did that storm hurt your feelings..not once but twice this year.

It happens in any game that your going to get cheap shots, especially in pile ups. I recall Graham vs Richlands in 2003 at Richlands I got caught in the middle of a pile up and I was getting punched all over, including the groin. It seems to be a part of football. Its just a matter of who gets caught and who doesn't. You can go tell the refs but obviously unless they see it they won't do anything about it except tell you that they will "look out for it next time". As for the people who egged the fan or fans yeah that seems a little excessive I mean common people its high school football. Yeah its fine to get excited during the game and of course people are going to cuss at other fans and what not but when it comes to violence (and technically that would/could be viewed as a form of violence) its just uncalled for, no matter who the teams that are playing. Whether it be Marion vs Abingdon or Graham vs Beaver.

i wasn't there last night. but when i played sports and traveled in high school. Abingdon had the WORST Sportsmanship and the WORST fans. go to a soccer game and you will see Abingdon fans cussing out players after the games as they are walking to the bus. Abingdon players for soccer are horrible sports and have the least sportsmanship out of any team around here. Abingdon should not be complaining about one incident when they usually are the ones doing things like these. i guess they are just mad because they couldnt go to the afterparty with eggs on their clothes.....

One thing about when I played was I always tried to help everyone up off the groud, both sides. Not to say I wasn't clean 100% of the time, we all did things we regret. But frozen eggs on elderly? Thats down right dumb.

i wasn't there last night. but when i played sports and traveled in high school. Abingdon had the WORST Sportsmanship and the WORST fans. go to a soccer game and you will see Abingdon fans cussing out players after the games as they are walking to the bus. Abingdon players for soccer are horrible sports and have the least sportsmanship out of any team around here. Abingdon should not be complaining about one incident when they usually are the ones doing things like these. i guess they are just mad because they couldnt go to the afterparty with eggs on their clothes.....

soccer? soccer? why dont you go fake an injury somewhere

this is a football thread....

you guys are losing sight of my original statement. A cheap shot is one thing(a legit hit, just after the whistle), spitting and eye gouging are another. I guess i missed the memo where this is OK in football now...

bottom line: the events on and off the field in marion friday night where uncalled for. the canes played dirty and now their getting called out on it

Edited by randomFalcon