Who will Bluefield replace Scott with in 2010...

edrforshey

Ummm, sorry, but the reason Richlands won't play Bluefield doesn't start with a "C"...it starts with an "L"...two of them as a matter of fact...

I think you are confusing Bluefield with Salem...the reason Salem won't play you starts with a "C"...as in...cleats...:D

You don't remember Bluefield cheating the game from Richlands to make the playoffs a couple of years ago. They would not stop the clock for Richlands when it was supposed to. Folks I said I would like to continue the games between the two.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne is on the schedule next year?

Is B.D. still the A.D. at Pikeview?

I had heard both yes and no about C.D.D. going for another two years and the last I heard was that it wouldn't continue.

The last I heard the CCD series would continue at least two more years.

You don't remember Bluefield cheating the game from Richlands to make the playoffs a couple of years ago. They would not stop the clock for Richlands when it was supposed to. Folks I said I would like to continue the games between the two.

There's a funny thing most people forget about that game. Bluefield ended up getting the football back with about thirty seconds left and running out the clock after it was turned over on downs. Kind of hard to complain when you couldn't even muster the offense to have the ball when the clock struck 00:00.

This is my last post in this thread and I didn't start anything is was beaverborn that brought it up. Just letting light to why Richlands stopped playing Bluefield.

No one said anything about Richlands in this thread. You are the one who brought them up.

As for a lot of wv aa teams not scheduling bluefield, be honest, does bluefield or their fans really gain anything from scheduling a lot of these teams, is anyone really enthusiastic about these games even when the few of them are played?

Keyser seems to be looking for games a lot, I read that bridgeport was looking to upgrade their schedule, and the surry county area in nc just beyond the va border would be a place to check for games.

As for a lot of wv aa teams not scheduling bluefield, be honest, does bluefield or their fans really gain anything from scheduling a lot of these teams, is anyone really enthusiastic about these games even when the few of them are played?

Keyser seems to be looking for games a lot, I read that bridgeport was looking to upgrade their schedule, and the surry county area in nc just beyond the va border would be a place to check for games.

Mt. Airy...North Surry...Surry Central...East Surry and West Stokes would all be good competition for Bluefield to look into. West Stokes is a little further into NC [King] but they're all about the same size as Bluefield. Mt. Airy and East Surry are the better teams out of that list. Mt.Airy hasn't lost a game in a couple of year if my memory is correct.

BTW, not sure if anyone mentioned it or not but CCD lost last week in the playoffs to Charlotte Latin. 2OT.

We had to play Sullivan South my Sophmore year at BHS. Way back in the 80's, guess we have always had to travel. LOL!! It was very very cold that.

What worries me about Blfds.search for "good competition" is if they have to schedule two more higher caliber teams along with CCD and GateCity could they schedule them selves out of the playoffs? at 6-4 or 5-5 they could be the be the best AA team in WV. and not get in.

We had to play Sullivan South my Sophmore year at BHS. Way back in the 80's, guess we have always had to travel. LOL!! It was very very cold that.

I was on the team the 2 years they played sullivan south, they were 9 - 0 and 2nd or 3rd in the state in tn in aaa and they traveled to bluefield and we defeated them 21 - 7, then defeated them by a score down there in '83, but had to forfeit the game some time later. Of course you know this.

I personally thought it was an easy away game, 2 hours travel down 81 most of the way basically and better than going up the turnpike to charleston. It was really enjoyable that the teams ate our pregame meals together, they ate in our cafeteria and we ate in theirs down there, down there we all sat amongst each other and talked, that was different but made for a really fun time.

They're another team bluefield should consider scheduling if possible in my opinion.

eta it was cold down there, 1 of the coldest games I recall

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

What worries me about Blfds.search for "good competition" is if they have to schedule two more higher caliber teams along with CCD and GateCity could they schedule them selves out of the playoffs? at 6-4 or 5-5 they could be the be the best AA team in WV. and not get in.

it happens but it's still better to play high quality football and risk that in my opinion, i just personally enjoy higher caliber football.

Mt. Airy...North Surry...Surry Central...East Surry and West Stokes would all be good competition for Bluefield to look into. West Stokes is a little further into NC [King] but they're all about the same size as Bluefield. Mt. Airy and East Surry are the better teams out of that list. Mt.Airy hasn't lost a game in a couple of year if my memory is correct.

BTW, not sure if anyone mentioned it or not but CCD lost last week in the playoffs to Charlotte Latin. 2OT.

those are the teams I was thinking myself, particularly the mt airy team. They were looking for games 2 years ago if I recall.

This is my last post in this thread and I didn't start anything is was beaverborn that brought it up. Just letting light to why Richlands stopped playing Bluefield.

I never said a word about Richlands dude, all I said was a lot of AA teams do not have the guts to play Bluefield.....if the shoe fits wear it.

I was on the team the 2 years they played sullivan south, they were 9 - 0 and 2nd or 3rd in the state in tn in aaa and they traveled to bluefield and we defeated them 21 - 7, then defeated them by a score down there in '83, but had to forfeit the game some time later. Of course you know this.

I personally thought it was an easy away game, 2 hours travel down 81 most of the way basically and better than going up the turnpike to charleston. It was really enjoyable that the teams ate our pregame meals together, they ate in our cafeteria and we ate in theirs down there, down there we all sat amongst each other and talked, that was different but made for a really fun time.

They're another team bluefield should consider scheduling if possible in my opinion.

eta it was cold down there, 1 of the coldest games I recall

Buzz, remember how nice the school was? Wasn't it brand new when we were down there?

Guest lookoutmountain

Richlands, Powell Valley, Gretna, Giles, JI Burton, Clintwood, William Campbell, George Wythe, Radford, North Cross of Roanoke. All are very respectable opponents and would be more competitive than Scott.