Hurley?

NewHampshireRed

waynick is a good player.. but he's not as good of a center as shortridge or even smith when moore puts him at center..

Neither one plays center except when they man up on Defense, but Waynick is 10X better than Lucas. Sry Panther fans but Lucas Shortridge is the most over hyped kid in Buchanan County and the sad part is he brings most of it on himself. And if you have ever spent any time around him you know what im talking about. Prob the most arrogant, self praiser you will ever meet, he can jumo but there is more to the game of bball. And being realistic Waynick probs gets higher than Lucas because he is 6'8 and lucas in somewhere around 6'2. Now Smith is the best low post player, but he is a forward not center. So I will say once again, Waynick HAS the potential to be the best center in the BDD. No one gave him a shot in football and he became the best wide out in the District and high on the list in the region. AND anyone who has played against Lucas from Grundy, Council, Honaker, Haysi, Richlands, ect.... they know exactly how aggravating he is.

Edited by mapper

Neither one plays center except when they man up on Defense, but Waynick is 10X better than Lucas. Sry Panther fans but Lucas Shortridge is the most over hyped kid in Buchanan County and the sad part is he brings most of it on himself. And if you have ever spent any time around him you know what im talking about. Prob the most arrogant, self praiser you will ever meet, he can jumo but there is more to the game of bball. And being realistic Waynick probs gets higher than Lucas because he is 6'8 and lucas in somewhere around 6'2. Now Smith is the best low post player, but he is a forward not center. So I will say once again, Waynick HAS the potential to be the best center in the BDD. No one gave him a shot in football and he became the best wide out in the District and high on the list in the region. AND anyone who has played against Lucas from Grundy, Council, Honaker, Haysi, Richlands, ect.... they know exactly how aggravating he is.
I dont know if ones beter thn the other or waht but all I know is that I have watched the kid the first 2 games of the season and he is a totally different ball player than last year. He is a lot more aggressive and it ssems like he is jumping out of the roof. His rebounding has been the most impressive about his play. He is one of the nicest and most humble kids I have ever met. The good thing is he is only a sophmore. He will be something special in 2 more years.

ok mapper listen here i watched twin valley play last night and shortridge was 1 rebound and 2 assists away from a triple double and had a dunk on some guy. he didnt have his best game but i would like to see waynick dunk on somebody or have that good of an all around game. or for that matter play in a game that meant something beyond the district level

waynick will be playing in an important game that is beyond district level this year they will kill twin valley and go on in region....with him and tyler and austin twin valley has no chance

ok mapper listen here i watched twin valley play last night and shortridge was 1 rebound and 2 assists away from a triple double and had a dunk on some guy. he didnt have his best game but i would like to see waynick dunk on somebody or have that good of an all around game. or for that matter play in a game that meant something beyond the district level

Get all pissy if you want, but its my opinion and what I believe.

waynick will be playing in an important game that is beyond district level this year they will kill twin valley and go on in region....with him and tyler and austin twin valley has no chance

WOW, one year changes so much huh, its the same every year, TV doesn't care about the first half hurley sticks close to a 5 point lead maybe even cut it down to 2. Moore yells at them at half time, its a 30 point game. Yes playing with a passion to win always seems to help hurley, but the fact is say whatever WHATEVER you want about Luke shortridge, and say how dirt Josh Smith is, but you have no clue how hard they work, and yes dustin, tyler, and austin have a few years to see if they can match up to those two, but Luke and Josh have something those three dont have the experience in Big Games. Your gonna talk about winning a region game, I say do, you wanna talk about killing twin valley and they have no chance in the words of the movie jerry McGuire "Show me the money" in this case show me the W, when you get it and you do what you say then try to compare to the straight years of dominance TV has had that Luke and Smith have been a part of. When those three do that and make to state twice and play in games at that size and perform at games that size say they are are good as those two. The proof isn't there yet, a few games into the season doesn't mean anything going 12-0 doesn't mean anything until those district games start.

Good to see ya back on the boards izzo.... Hurley has never beaten twin valley at basketball am i right?? its funny to see hurley fans talking smack to Twin valley fans, I would atleast wait until hurley beat them once haha.... Its funny that hurley keeps saying waynick is better than smith and luke ... luke and smith has played in some big time games ... I don't see a soph being better than either of them ...

a dunk is worth how many points again??

Guest quispbird

2 points i think.

but in hurley you are awarded 4 for the ability to actually jump that high.:D

Good to see ya back on the boards izzo.... Hurley has never beaten twin valley at basketball am i right?? its funny to see hurley fans talking smack to Twin valley fans, I would atleast wait until hurley beat them once haha.... Its funny that hurley keeps saying waynick is better than smith and luke ... luke and smith has played in some big time games ... I don't see a soph being better than either of them ...
I dont even know if Hurley will beat them and I agree the fans are stupid for getting on here saying all that stuff. The kid is just playing like he is a whole different person this year and it is unfair to him that people are on here saying he is better that Lucas and Smith. He is just playing good ball right now but Hurley as a whole has to prove that they can compete. TV might beat them again but I do think in a year or 2 they will make a serious run in the playoffs.......No you cant put Hurley up where TV is right now becasue they havent beat TV yet......He is a real humble kid and he is playing a better......Josh Smith is one of a kind

HAHAHAHAHAHA i hope you can hear me laughin at your stupidity over there on your side of rockhouse.. they should ban you from posting this kinda crap in these forums.. for real man to say twin valley has no chance against anyone in the bdd is completely retarded.. waynick is overated and could never on his best day play with shortridge, all hurleys team combined couldnt stop smith, and from what ive seen the lil big man gary is gonna have one hell of a time keepin up with hubbard (that is if he even stands up during the game insteada layin on the floor all the time) and the way viers has been playin.. that kid isnt even the same lil redheadhed junior we all watched last year.. like i said they dont have a choice but to play there asses off now that hunter and garrett are gone... and yes a dunk is worth two points.. two points and a BIG boost of momentum.. and they dunk shortridge had wasnt nearly as nice as when he spiked that guys layup off the backboard.. bottom line.. TV basketball isnt by any means dead... and there gonna bring home BDD title number 6 in 2009.. id bet the farm on that one..