Richlands 0 and 1

bluemom

Richlands lost another game but not surprising. It looked liked a middle school game or rec game. The coach playing everybody and girls could not get into a rhythm. Cassie Richardson should not come out of the game and they need to get the ball to their big girl. Even though they lost aganist Patrick Henry they still should win 12 to 15 games this year. But they have to keep Richardson in the game and get the ball into the big girl. Most of the teams in this area are not very good this year so these freshmen will save cochran's job.

Richlands lost another game but not surprising. It looked liked a middle school game or rec game. The coach playing everybody and girls could not get into a rhythm. Cassie Richardson should not come out of the game and they need to get the ball to their big girl. Even though they lost aganist Patrick Henry they still should win 12 to 15 games this year. But they have to keep Richardson in the game and get the ball into the big girl. Most of the teams in this area are not very good this year so these freshmen will save cochran's job.

The Moose won't lose another game....he has them just where he wants them

Guest quispbird

The "moose" is the biggest joke in swva when it comes to coaches.

He can't coach. Period.

And with the overall record he has attained at Richlands during his tenure he should be embarrased to even step onto a basketball court.

Give it up "moose"

To begin with "BLUEMOM" please tell me you are not actually a mother. To refer to anyone especially a teenage girl as 'the big girl' is a direct reflection of your immaturity -- find out what her name is and use it and please stop being rude to this young lady who obviously according to you and your expert knowledge of basketball is a very valuable part of the Lady Blues Team.

As for your comment that Cassie Richardson should never come out of the game -- that too reflects your knowlege -- no one should ever expect or be expected to play every minute of every game. I realize she is good -- have not seen her this year, but watched her twice last year and she is very talented.

I hope that Moose and the Lady Blues have a GREAT SEASON. I would like to leave you with one thought -- If Palmer wanted the job that he and his groupies are politicing for why was he not hired when Moose was or even befofe. Palmer has been at Richlands High School since the early 80's. I know this for a fact since I was in high school at RHS during this time. I would venture that they're two possible reasons:

1. He really doesn't want the responsibility that it takes to be a head coach -- he just wants to point fingers.

or

2. He really wants the job, but there are underlying issues that prevent him from having it --

I don't know why he isn't the coach - I really don't think that I would want him to be, but the fact remains he is not the coach and the best thing that parents can do for their children and the program is to support the program and refrain from making negative comments about their child's coach -- you may not like him/her, you may not have respect for him/her, but please teach your child to respect the position.

GOOD LUCK LADY BLUES -- HOPE YOUR SEASON IS MOST SUCCESSFUL

I think cochran has lost 28 straight games. I would imagine the kids play for the school not for a coach. When a coach keeps the school from having a winning program then their is a problem. I would think if I couldn't get a program to the regionals or have a winning record I would do the best thing for the program and QUIT!! Like I said before they should win 12 to 15 games this year. But they have to rely on these freshmen that Coach Palmer helped develop. cochran said himself he has never had any basketball talent or girls who could play basketball until this group that is coming up to play in the next few years. You play for the school and you coach for the school and You want to win and be successful. SO WHY IS COCHRAH STILL COACHING WHEN HE HAS PROVEN HE CAN'T.

Guest quispbird

Simple.

Webb has no balls to do anything about it.

The moose has threatened to "sue" if he is removed from his position. (refer back to webb having no balls)

That 3 grand he is making must really keep him motivated.

Edited by quispbird

No balls! Webb can't/shouldn't make Palmer the head girls b-ball coach for two simply reasons. One when the job opened up he never applied for it. The only reason Palmer wants it now is because of the freshmen and eight graders that are a real special group of young ladies. Cochran took the job when talent was slim picking and has done the best with what he had. Secondly, Palmer is not a certified teacher at RHS. He holds no liscense/certificate to teach. He is posted as a special ed. aid but does nothing but supervise in-school suspension. Technically if he wants the job or any other coaching duties he should be required to perform his duties of which he is listed to do. Any teacher in Taz. County knows if they don't do what they were hired to do then they will be replaced.

No balls! Webb can't/shouldn't make Palmer the head girls b-ball coach for two simply reasons. One when the job opened up he never applied for it. The only reason Palmer wants it now is because of the freshmen and eight graders that are a real special group of young ladies. Cochran took the job when talent was slim picking and has done the best with what he had. Secondly, Palmer is not a certified teacher at RHS. He holds no liscense/certificate to teach. He is posted as a special ed. aid but does nothing but supervise in-school suspension. Technically if he wants the job or any other coaching duties he should be required to perform his duties of which he is listed to do. Any teacher in Taz. County knows if they don't do what they were hired to do then they will be replaced.

I could not agree with you more.

Guest quispbird

Watch what you say or the "snake" will pay you a visit.

Or the aqua net man........:eek:

Who do you think worked with these "talented and special" group of girls to make them "special"........Palmer. Every heard of AAU basketball tournies. If I'm not mistaken he and a couple others were the people that assembled the group and took them to all the tournies and coach them up. I personally, think it's a crazy rule that in Tazewell County a head coach has to have teaching duties. That same rule cost RHS from getting a legend in football coaching back in the 80's........Dave Rider. He coached a Elizabethton, without teaching duties, as most TN schools, and Tazewell County wouldn't allow it. So, he stayed in TN. Gosh, Jason Witten sure would have looked good in navy blue.

I personally, think it's a crazy rule that in Tazewell County a head coach has to have teaching duties.

Jeff Brintle was the HC in baseball for the Dawgs in between Coach Peery's stints and he was not a teacher in the school system.

Life has many choices---eternity two

There are several coaching positions filled at RHS by qualified individuals that do not hold a teaching position. Boys and girls varsity soccer, boys basketball JV coach in the past (Jody Fuller), girls 6th and 7th gr last year (Fred Phillips), and I guarantee if and when Jimmy McGee retires Jody Fuller will get the head position, in which he deserves. All that matters at the end of the day is that the kids in whichever sport has a qualified, dedicated coach. Doesn't matter if he/she teaches or not. Palmer put his time in (with NO PAY) for about 5 years which these girls. That's dedication.

i don't really understand TCPS's rule on that..there are many coaches that aren't teachers around here

Well, I was under the assumption that all head coaches had to be a teacher or maybe be an employee of Tazewell County in some type of capacity. Maybe, I was misinformed many years ago. It would be nice to know the official ruling on this issue. I know that assistant coach don't have to have teaching duties. One of the best assistant coaches in the state of Virginia, is Coach Wess and he is a volunteer coach.

Well, I was under the assumption that all head coaches had to be a teacher or maybe be an employee of Tazewell County in some type of capacity. Maybe, I was misinformed many years ago. It would be nice to know the official ruling on this issue. I know that assistant coach don't have to have teaching duties. One of the best assistant coaches in the state of Virginia, is Coach Wess and he is a volunteer coach.

no you're right. i've heard that also.i'm just saying i know a lot of coaches that aren't employed, that are, or have recently coached. so i don't really understand the guidelines on that rule.

I **think**, don't take this as the definitive word, that if a TCPS employee wants to fill a position as a coach, they get first shot at it. If no one in the TCPS systems fills the spot, the school may go "outside" the system to fill the position.

Who would want to coach any sport with all these crazy parent who think their child is going to sign a major grant and aid with a major college most wont even go to Kings college on the hill in wardell.

Who would want to coach any sport with all these crazy parent who think their child is going to sign a major grant and aid with a major college most wont even go to Kings college on the hill in wardell.

That's the EXACT reason I coached only ONE year...

I **think**, don't take this as the definitive word, that if a TCPS employee wants to fill a position as a coach, they get first shot at it. If no one in the TCPS systems fills the spot, the school may go "outside" the system to fill the position.

That's pretty much how it goes everywhere...not just TCPS....

That's the EXACT reason I coached only ONE year...

I coached a sport for 9 years.... and it seemed like everybody thought their child should be playing....

It's funny, "blumom" was complaining that the coach treated the team like a rec league team...I was criticized for NOT playing everybody.... you can't win.

Coaches don't coach for the $$...because I figured that I made about $1.24 per hour for all the time that I put in....Kids are great to work with....it's the adults that are hard to deal with.

Edited by futbolking