Essex - 0

Gretna - 0

End of 3rd

CLASS A - DIVISION 1

West Point - 14

Altavista - 0

Halftime

Guest quispbird

Really?? A whole lotta turnovers (especially) by burton made those defenses look a wee bit better than they really are.

Burton blocked a Holston punt out of the endzone for a safety and the only score of the game.

Well, if you like defensive struggles...

I've got a question for someone with more VHSL know-how than I have: how many times has there been a 2-0 game in VHSL history? Another follow-up would be: has there ever been a 0-0 tie?

Well, if you like defensive struggles...

I've got a question for someone with more VHSL know-how than I have: how many times has there been a 2-0 game in VHSL history? Another follow-up would be: has there ever been a 0-0 tie?

Graham and Va. High tied 0-0 many years ago, there was no OT then

Really?? A whole lotta turnovers (especially) by burton made those defenses look a wee bit better than they really are.

Holston had more turnovers than Burton did, yet held Burton to 0 points offensively, several times when they were within Holston's 20 yard line . Burton's defense/special teams blocked a punt for a safety that accounted for the only score of the game. When their offenses turned the ball over, both defenses did their jobs (No offensive points scored). Honestly, when an offense turns the ball over a lot, the other team should capitalize and score. Neither defense allowed that to happen.

Guest quispbird

Burton alos had a ton of dropped passes in the game. Definitely hurt them on many occasions during the game.

Wow...I'd like to see the defense that holds Gretna to 0 points...

Its called cold rain mixed with snow and a muddy field...Essex had been averaging over 40/game...also, Gretna's offense wasn't a prolific this season as it has been in years past...