2010 swd soccer

blow_tornado_dog

How is everybody looking? Graham has a good number of players this year. A little over 20 on our varsity. Our coach told us we would be playing Pulaski County this year. I know they aren't bad. Played against people from there in travel.

Pulaski will not be very good this year. They lost something like 9 starters from their Region IV semifinal team last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard Marion beat Rural Retreat 16-1 in a scrimmage. Marion will have tough test against GW on Tuesday. GW returns 10 starters from a team that was 6 minutes away from the Group A tournament last season.

Heard Marion beat Rural Retreat 16-1 in a scrimmage. Marion will have tough test against GW on Tuesday. GW returns 10 starters from a team that was 6 minutes away from the Group A tournament last season.

I talked to Rural Retreat's coach because he was the Graham JV coach a few years ago and he said it was pretty ugly.

I love it when the folks from B'burg come around and talk smack. There is no doubt that they have built a dominant program on a great foundation of youth soccer in their community. They have a huge pool of talent and the financial resources to be dominant. How can you not be great when you are able to cut players who would be stars in a lot of other programs.

Comparing B'burg soccer to most other programs and talking smack about the others is both arrogant and bullying. Everyone knows they are the biggest, baddest dog in the yard, they shouldn't need to gloat.

Everybody talks smack....I just hope the everyone has fun and nobody gets hurt. I love to win as much as the next guy, but high school sports are supposed to be fun. We all turn them into a job and it's all about winning and not about fun any more.

I've been training tazewell goalie and should be pretty good. Other than that idk too much about the teams around the board except that abingdon and marion are always good and tazewell carrol and graham always fight tough for the 3 spot and that grundy always sucks. It'll be my last year watching the game (untill little brother plays in 2 years) so i'm hopin taz comes out strong and all around a good year for some soccer.

I love it when the folks from B'burg come around and talk smack. There is no doubt that they have built a dominant program on a great foundation of youth soccer in their community. They have a huge pool of talent and the financial resources to be dominant. How can you not be great when you are able to cut players who would be stars in a lot of other programs.

Comparing B'burg soccer to most other programs and talking smack about the others is both arrogant and bullying. Everyone knows they are the biggest, baddest dog in the yard, they shouldn't need to gloat.

Hold on a second. I have posted on here several times and have been nothing but respectful to all teams. I am an assistant coach at Blacksburg but before that I was actually one of the coaches who started Graham's soccer program in 1995 and 1996.

I am not sure where you come up with that we have the financial resources to be dominant. What does that have to do with anything. Our program does a tremendous amount of fundraising to support our teams. I would not say we have a huge pool of talent either. In our district more kids come out for the teams at Cave Spring and Hidden Valley.

I am assuming you are referring to region4fan's posts. He is not associated with our program at all. We keep tabs and if any of our players post on message boards and we do not allow it. We take alot of pride in having a classy program.

Please do not lump someone like that with our program.