Mr. President...

GMan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are not "The King". You were ELECTED to your position to SERVE the people of the United States not IMPOSE YOUR WILL on them...

Interesting rant, but I happen to agree. Far too many elected officals have forgotten that they are only temporary stewarts of our republic and that the citizens of this nation have fealty to the Constitution, not would be dictators or professional politicans trying to buy votes.

You are not "The King". You were ELECTED to your position to SERVE the people of the United States not IMPOSE YOUR WILL on them...

Interesting rant, but I happen to agree. Far too many elected officals have forgotten that they are only temporary stewarts of our republic and that the citizens of this nation have fealty to the Constitution, not would be dictators or professional politicans trying to buy votes.

This has already gotten very ugly, and it's going to get worse. This country is more divided right now than at any time in recent memory. People are very angry about the underhanded back room deals that were made to ram this healthcare bill down our throats. I believe the legacy of this administration will prove to be a legacy of corruption. This is just the tip of the iceberg now that the Democrats see that they can push anything through the Congress with their majority vote. Those who want this to change must get out and campaign and vote for their beliefs. Neither party is perfect, but the division between liberal and conservative has never been more evident than it is today.

Edited by blueinbama

...stewards...

You all blame the president but WE elected him! The CONGRESS passed the bill! So how is it all his fault? Blame yourself or the Gov. if you dont like it.

First, I didn't vote for Obama...I didn't elect him.

Second, ALL the latest polls show a majority of Americans AGAINST this health care plan...the latest polls I've seen have been anywhere from 60%-66% against this plan. These elected officials have gone against what the wishes of a MAJORITY of the United States citizens. The have overstepped their bounds of SERVICE TO THE PEOPLE by IMPOSING THEIR WILL upon us by forcing us into something we do not want...

"Don't ge mad, get even"...ΔΤΧ...

Once again, I wished that there would have been on option on the ballot for "NONE OF THE ABOVE!" That is a big "change" I'd like to see for the future.

Also, Jack Welch said something on CNBC this morning and I've said it for several weeks. A lot of Jack's friends are having "buyers remorse" over the changes that are being made coming out of Washington D.C. right now. To which Jack said: "This guy told the American people what his plans were when he campaigned so why did they vote for him if they didn't like what he was going to do?"

People need to wake up and take a more proactive roll in elections to find out who these people REALLY are they are planning on voting for. You would be surprised to find out what the person is really about when you look at their history and listen to things they have said over the years. It can be right there in front of you.

The guy never had a history of running anything and had aligned himself with radicals most of his life. He and his wife hated the U.S. and you could see that in their life history.

Also, don't think the Cap & Tax bill is dead yet either. Welch said with the passage of this health care bill, it just might give the current administration the momentum they need to get a form of Cap & Tax passed before the end of the year!! Barrack said it himself in January 2008: "The Cap & Trade plan I want to introduce will skyrocket energy prices across the country and bankrupt the coal industry."

but the conservatives decided to say just no and play that game,while not offering any suggestions.It is a political game that could cost them as the economy is now starting to show signs.The stock market is getting bullish and this usually a precursor to a major recovery.Here is the major changes of the healthcare bill, which may or may not bring down costs while covering more people.Something had to be done!Employers and Employees could not keep putting up the costs of this mess.I used to pay nothing for health insurance and now I pay hundreds per month.Something had to be done for the health of the people and the health of the economy.People are forced to have drivers licenses-why not health insurance.The bottom line is people who do not have health insurance either go to free clinics set up by doctors or emergency rooms or they don't take care of their kids because kids get sick and so do older people.

THIS wouldn't have been an issue if they were in office...
not this particular issue... but i wonder how they would have handled things differently.. if he was elected, wouldn't the democrats still outnumber the replublicans in the house?

This is what the American people wanted two years ago when the hatred for George Bush allowed them to elect this man president, and give the democrats majority in the house and senate. They wanted change...........they got it. And this is only the beginning.

Edited by CPF

This is what the American people wanted two years ago when the hatred for George Bush allowed them to elect this man president, and give the democrats majority in the house and senate. They wanted change...........they got it.

Yep. As I said, and still say today, Obama won because Bush was associated with the Republicans.

Which is a STUPID reason to vote for a president, but there it was. And here it is.

Employers and Employees could not keep putting up the costs of this mess.

But the point you are missing is both employers and employees are going to be paying MORE now in one form or another...either through higher taxes, penalties, or actually having to pay for insurance in some cases...

but the conservatives decided to say just no and play that game,while not offering any suggestions.

I sincerely hope you're not that ignorant. Obama, Pelosi, Reid and the rest of the Democratic Party involved in the decision making of this bill refused to budge on any suggestion of modification concerning the multi-trillion dollar price tag their bill will cost the tax paying citizens of this country. They have actually , and are now currently working in the Senate to tweak this bill to try and make it more palatable in an effort to salvage some sort of credibility. But it won't fly. It's too late for that. The American people have seen very clearly how this administration operates, and 2012 will be loads of fun to watch for those of us who said "I told you so".

Guest JJBrickface
But the point you are missing is both employers and employees are going to be paying MORE now in one form or another...either through higher taxes, penalties, or actually having to pay for insurance in some cases...

I could be wrong but aren't employers also required to give their employees health insurance??

What does that do to small businesses?

I could be wrong but aren't employers also required to give their employees health insurance??

The short answer is no. Here's a link.

http://www.insure.com/articles/healthinsurancefaq/employers.html

Most employers do furnish health insurance options, if for no other reason than to be competitive. The larger the group, usually the less the premium...depending on the plan of course. But it is not required.

Question:

Are employers legally required to provide their workers with health insurance?

Answer:

No, there are no state or federal laws that require private U.S. employers to offer health insurance benefits to any employees at all. However, it is common practice, especially among larger employers, to offer health insurance benefits as a means to attract and retain workers.

"Because private employers aren't required to offer health insurance, it is up to each company to decide which employees will be offered health coverage, as long as it is done equitably (for more, read our Health Insurance FAQ on deciding which employees receive benefits)".
Edited by blueinbama

They are going to pay a huge fine if they don't provide it to their employees under this bill I believe. That is where the "mandate" come in I believe. I'm not 100% sure since we can't see the bill!!

People are forced to have drivers licenses-why not health insurance.

You have auto insurance for the protection of others out on a public highway. There's no analogy in your arguement.

Correct.

I'm waiting to be hit with a tax for breathing the air inside my home since my mortgage is through Fannie Mae.

Guest JJBrickface

blueinbama,

I don't think the link provided is up to date with the new healthcare bill.

Guest JJBrickface
They are going to pay a huge fine if they don't provide it to their employees under this bill I believe. That is where the "mandate" come in I believe. I'm not 100% sure since we can't see the bill!!

I just read that its a $2000 fine per employee if a company has at least 50 employees. That will definitely hurt in my opinion.

blueinbama,

I don't think the link provided is up to date with the new healthcare bill.

Currently employers are not required to provide health insurance...I thought that was your question. I have no idea what this new piece of "legislation" says. I don't think anyone knows for sure.

People are forced to have drivers licenses-why not health insurance.

Here is another comment from Watcher that needs to be filed in the "Are you serious?" archives.

Driving is a privilege and a choice for those who can afford a car!!! You aren't forced to have a driver's license if you don't want one and you aren't forced to pay a fine for not having a driver's license if you don't want one!!!