Fieldhouse?

EH31

I read in the BDT that the TCSB is putting up $250,000 to go toward Graham's new fieldhouse/gym. I was just wondering how much they put towards Richlands' fieldhouse that was built last year?

I read in the BDT that the TCSB is putting up $250,000 to go toward Graham's new fieldhouse/gym. I was just wondering how much they put towards Richlands' fieldhouse that was built last year?

In related news, the Tazewell County School Board and Board of Supervisors are incompetent.

In related news, the Tazewell County School Board and Board of Supervisors are incompetent.

Two of the Supervisors voted no with nothing against Graham but for the upcoming budget and staff cuts.

It isn't a "fieldhouse"...its an auxiliary gym which will have multiple courts and will be used for multiple purposes for the schools of Bluefield, VA and the community.

If you can build a facility to benefit the schools and the community at 12.5% of its actual cost, isn't that sound fiscal management? So how much non-school funds are in the RHS facility, and is it available to be used by both students and the public?

Unless I am mistaken, the two Supervisors were mostly focused on restoring the two big steps for teachers at 19 & 20 years. No one has ever discussed a plan to adjust a pay scale that gives teachers no step increases during their first six years of employment.

I have worked a lot of places, and seen pay scales both public and private, but never have I seen one so skewed.

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x519513022/Richlands-to-name-new-fieldhouse-for-McVey

excerpt:

The new McVey facility will be an 80-by-120 foot metal building housing lockers, a weight room, videor facilities, and coaching office space.

The Tazewell County School Board has committed $350,000 for building construction, but that will not address the inside construction of the lockers, weights, and office space.

An additional $220,000 is needed for the entire project and the committee has collected approximately half that amount.

Jon Bowerbank, a local business man, has agreed to install a new turf field to replace the existing grass surface at the stadium and a new scoreboard will also be installed to replace the outdated model currently being used.

“We would like to complete our fund raising by June 30 and proceed with the final development of this project,†notes Hearl.

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x519513022/Richlands-to-name-new-fieldhouse-for-McVey

excerpt:

The new McVey facility will be an 80-by-120 foot metal building housing lockers, a weight room, videor facilities, and coaching office space.

The Tazewell County School Board has committed $350,000 for building construction, but that will not address the inside construction of the lockers, weights, and office space.

An additional $220,000 is needed for the entire project and the committee has collected approximately half that amount.

Jon Bowerbank, a local business man, has agreed to install a new turf field to replace the existing grass surface at the stadium and a new scoreboard will also be installed to replace the outdated model currently being used.

“We would like to complete our fund raising by June 30 and proceed with the final development of this project,” notes Hearl.

What's this got to do with the new building at GHS???

I believe it will also have a weight room, laundry facilities, coaches ofc's and locker rooms along with the basketball courts?

That's why I said "multiple purposes"...

Two of the Supervisors voted no with nothing against Graham but for the upcoming budget and staff cuts.

I agree with a "no" vote: limiting staff cuts and helping the budget is exactly what should happen.

Though, as Hacker said, even their priorities are misplaced.

This is aside from the worst school board that Tazewell County has ever had...

I think they were trying to answer the question from the 1st post.

OP asked how much the county contributed to the RHS fieldhouse.

Should have quoted it for us "slow people"...LOL...

It isn't a "fieldhouse"...its an auxiliary gym which will have multiple courts and will be used for multiple purposes for the schools of Bluefield, VA and the community.

That answers my question. Can't knock investing in the youth, just the timing.