2008 Beaver vs. Graham game last play footage.

Jason

Big controversy after the game....game was back and forth...with Bluefield making a long drive in the final minute...ending up on the 2 yard line with about 10 seconds left. They snap the ball, Bluefield fans thought he scored, while the refs are trying to figure out if it's a touchdown or not, the clock ran out....the Graham kid came up out of the pile with the football....and the refs left as quick as they could. Graham wins!!

I hope Graham is as competitive this season....but not looking good for the G-Men...in fact, I haven't heard a peep out of anybody about them.

Going from the 2 yard line and on the right hash, that would have been an extremely difficult kick for a right-footed kicker like Will Cole. Plus, he was sufferering cramps in his leg that made him sit out a couple snaps earlier in the game.

the officials didn't see Cole cross the goal line with the ball. The two wing officials never cross the goal line, they watch the forward momentum of the ball carrier. A Graham player comes out of the pile with the ball.

What call is there to make?

Big controversy after the game....game was back and forth...with Bluefield making a long drive in the final minute...ending up on the 2 yard line with about 10 seconds left. They snap the ball, Bluefield fans thought he scored, while the refs are trying to figure out if it's a touchdown or not, the clock ran out....the Graham kid came up out of the pile with the football....and the refs left as quick as they could. Graham wins!!

I hope Graham is as competitive this season....but not looking good for the G-Men...in fact, I haven't heard a peep out of anybody about them.

I dont think anyone is posting anything cuz they dont wanna eat there words later! Graham is just gonna practice, play hard, and do they best they can to win!

This reminds me of the 2004 playoff game Gate City @ Powell Valley. The GC ball carrier made it 2 yards into the endzone not once but twice in a roll on 3rd and 4th downs. The reffs would not make the call. The coaches sent the game footage to the VHSL and got an appology letter from them stating that it did indeed cost GC the game but there was nothing that could be done about it.

I dont think anyone is posting anything cuz they dont wanna eat there words later! Graham is just gonna practice, play hard, and do they best they can to win!

That is all any team should really do.

On that drive Cole also almost got picked off, would've been a whole diffrent story then! But i'm glad it ended the way it did because of the rivalry

And on the same drive he had two passes caught in the endzone that could have been touchdowns, but were ruled out-of-bounds. I'd love to have seen the replay on the first catch that was ruled out.

If you read the comments on the video there is one from a guy that supposedly teaches officials and he said he was going to use this vid to teach officials what NOT to do on such a play. These clowns have no business on a football field their mechanics on a goal line play were horrible, such a shame for the kids that worked so hard they deserved much better.

If you read the comments on the video there is one from a guy that supposedly teaches officials and he said he was going to use this vid to teach officials what NOT to do on such a play. These clowns have no business on a football field their mechanics on a goal line play were horrible, such a shame for the kids that worked so hard they deserved much better.

You'll never get over this one will you???? You cry like a little girl...:eek:...nothing you can do can will ever change the outcome...grow up, accept it, get over it, and move on...:D...have a nice day...

Go pick up an officiating manual.....proper mechanics used (whether at the goal line or at the 50). Ask the side judges to suck into the numbers and watch what happens on a fake. It would have made no difference if the side judges were on top of the tight ends though as any team, coach, quarteback, (fill in the blank) that is stupid enough to run a sneak up the gut (especially diving into the ground) with minimal time left and no time outs gets what they deserve. You see this same scenario in pee wees and the pros. The refs can't make a call (one way or the other) if they don't see definitive proof that the ball crosses the goalline. Case closed.

If the Leave it to Beavers had been wiser they might have tried to manage the clock better and gotten two plays run the last few seconds. Surely they could have scored on the lowly GMen.

And on the same drive he had two passes caught in the endzone that could have been touchdowns, but were ruled out-of-bounds. I'd love to have seen the replay on the first catch that was ruled out.

I believe you're talking about Patterson's catch on the ride side of the endzone. Am I right?

I believe you're talking about Patterson's catch on the ride side of the endzone. Am I right?

Was that the one where he stepped out of bounds before he caught the ball or the one where he came down with his foot on the out of bounds line???

LOL...This thread is pointless because rehashing what has happened doesn't change anything. I made the point about the two catches to show we could "what if" several plays in that game. What if Cole doesn't fumble on the sack and Graham doesn't score the easy touchdown off of it? I said it then and I'll say it again, Bluefield shouldn't have been in that position after going up by two touchdowns early in the game. What happened in 2008 is over. What happened in 2009 is over. Let's focus on what's going to happen in 2010.