Lebanon football and that district?

dukefan22

Gate City all the way ! With the team they have coming back they have a very good chance at a district & state championship. but of course you have to go out and do it on the field and have some luck, as in staying healthy.

They have all the pieces with the talent and coaching and experience and a good fan base.

I hope we have several state contenders from this part of the state !

I can think of 3,

D3 Richlands - state title contender is where I would put them, not a favorite but kind of a dark horse. everyone knows what richlands brings to the field talent, size and speed not to mention a coaching staff that knows how to get their players to perform on the field

D2 Gate city - some real horses in the backfield, a solid line, very stout defense and possibly a little bit of a passing game this year. With Lebanon down and JJ Kelly and VHigh only on the rise GC may have an easy road to the state semis

D1 Clintwood - very solid group of backs including a fullback with size, strength, speed and a mean streak on the field. Lacking a consistent passing game but have some very good athletes at the skill positions and a fast defense. No one in Reg D D1 can play with them except maybe JI Burton and Reg C has little chance, so an appearance in the state title game is easily within reach

I can think of 3,

D3 Richlands - state title contender is where I would put them, not a favorite but kind of a dark horse. everyone knows what richlands brings to the field talent, size and speed not to mention a coaching staff that knows how to get their players to perform on the field

D2 Gate city - some real horses in the backfield, a solid line, very stout defense and possibly a little bit of a passing game this year. With Lebanon down and JJ Kelly and VHigh only on the rise GC may have an easy road to the state semis

D1 Clintwood - very solid group of backs including a fullback with size, strength, speed and a mean streak on the field. Lacking a consistent passing game but have some very good athletes at the skill positions and a fast defense. No one in Reg D D1 can play with them except maybe JI Burton and Reg C has little chance, so an appearance in the state title game is easily within reach

Don't give Eastern Montgomery "little chance." You may be surprised at what they have this year. By the same token, if Bath or Holston make it there again, I believe Clintwood will advance.

I think Richlands will win the SWD and at least make it to the region 4 championship game, which I think they have the potential to win. If they get that far then i would say yes they are contenders

As far as eastern montgomery, they seemed to have something going last year. I dont know what they have back this year but Clintwood is LOADED and i dont think anyone on this side of the state in D1 can run with them. But anything can happen on any given day.

I can think of 3,

It would be nice to see all 3 win the state this year ! All 3 have the potential to do it. Just stay healthy, and get better each game.

I think Richlands will win the SWD and at least make it to the region 4 championship game, which I think they have the potential to win. If they get that far then i would say yes they are contenders

As far as eastern montgomery, they seemed to have something going last year. I dont know what they have back this year but Clintwood is LOADED and i dont think anyone on this side of the state in D1 can run with them. But anything can happen on any given day.

East Mont has all but one starter back and he was a lineman. I am not convinced that EM is physical enough to make a deep run but they will have an explosive offense fueled by their passing game.

Who knows, they may win a state title and they may not even make it to the title game we will all just have to wait and see and take it one game at a time. I feel they have the talent lets just see if they put it together.

I am not an expert I just dont think Richlands is good enough to win a state title with the team they have. Bottom Line

Hard to believe I am going to agree with you on this one. Why is everyone handing the district title to the all mighty Blues? I know we will be ready for them at our place. :cool: