Richlands @ Gate City..........8 days!!

Nadoball

They pretty much dominated. I was disappointed with the final score, as i thought it was a little closer throughout, but the best team won and deserved the win. Good luck the rest of the way!

I concur with good luck the rest of the way and I think that Gate City will probably be no worse that a 7-3 team most likely better than that and I mean no disrespect but I am not sure we watched the same game. That score was much closer than the game was Richlands probably should have won by 50 points, a touchdown called back, the ball inside the 15 and fumbled (which no one can really blame on Will Lowe that was probably one of the best open field tackles I have seen made by Gate City safety he put his head through the football), then the interception on the 15 took back to about the 25 right before the half if Richlands converts on those that game is way out of hand. Other than the muffed punt in the 2nd quarter and the interception returned I can't remember Gate City's offense ever even getting past the 50. It was my first time seeing Richlands defense this year and they are better than advertised. I don't mean this with any disrespect to any other team on the schedule but if Richlands leaves that defense in for the entire games the rest of the regular season I am honestly not sure they will give up a single point. Even if the offense committed a turnover deep or a muffed kick or something it seems like that D would just swallow it up.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll beat alot of teams worse than 31-0. GC will be fine. The South and Bluefield games will be very difficult to deal with, but I don't think we'll see another team like we saw last night.

No doubt GC is a better team with him on the field, but he would have had to have wings to make a significant difference. Let's not forget Richlands had an all-state gamebreaker (Austin Johnson) sitting out or that Devon Johnson played less than half the game.

I am actually not sure that our horse Devon played more than a full quarter. I say WOW on the Blues defense. I thought this game just showed how deep the Blues are this year. I would like to see the stats because im not sure the GC had more than 50yds total offense. GC you have a solid football team and good luck the rest of the way

Thanks guys and very classy post ! You guys will be just fine when you get Dusty back.

You have a stout Defense and will dominate most of your games this year and hopefully the passing game will come around. Your probably not going to see many teams with the lines and linebackers that we have this year so your running game will be fine too.

I wish we would have had Austin tonight as he is such a big threat in our deep passing game and that helps opens up the short routes for the other guys. But we have some other receivers that can do the job.

I want to wish you guys a lot of luck for the rest of your season and I hope you bring back another state championship to SWVA !

Someone told me at the game last night that it was Austins ACL and was done for the year.

I am actually not sure that our horse Devon played more than a full quarter. I say WOW on the Blues defense. I thought this game just showed how deep the Blues are this year. I would like to see the stats because im not sure the GC had more than 50yds total offense. GC you have a solid football team and good luck the rest of the way

They had more than 50 but less than 100. I foget the exact total but it's in the BHC article. I think they had 6 first downs.

Someone told me at the game last night that it was Austins ACL and was done for the year.

Everyone, please, stop listening to rumors. His status for the rest of the season has not been determined. When he knows, and the coaches know, the rest of us will know.

Everyone, please, stop listening to rumors. His status for the rest of the season has not been determined. When he knows, and the coaches know, the rest of us will know.

My question is, if he has had the MRI what is the report on the MRI. I overheard a girl that goes to school with him telling someone that.

The Bristol paper online said Gc had 50 yards rushing, and 30 yards passing for a total of 80 yards.

Still waiting to have an MRI.

I talked to a couple of the coaches that I'm friends with and that's what they said. He hasn't had a MRI yet so they don't know his status .

I think we'll be fine with or without him, but for his sake I hope he gets to play some this year so he can show off his skills to some colleges.

I really feel if Dusty had been in the game we would have had at least one TD. Also he is a big impact on Defense as well. The better team did win last night. If we were to play Richlands 5 times even with Dusty in the game Richlands would win all 5. Like I said before the game when I was told by others on here I was trying to get RHS overconfident Richlands is just Bigger Faster and Stronger. Their depth wore us out as I expected it would. They will go far in D3. I just hope we can get Dusty back to 100% before Lebanon comes to town. Once we are 100% we should do very well in D2. Richlands is a beast! I will be pulling for them from here on out!

I really feel if Dusty had been in the game we would have had at least one TD. Also he is a big impact on Defense as well. The better team did win last night. If we were to play Richlands 5 times even with Dusty in the game Richlands would win all 5. Like I said before the game when I was told by others on here I was trying to get RHS overconfident Richlands is just Bigger Faster and Stronger. Their depth wore us out as I expected it would. They will go far in D3. I just hope we can get Dusty back to 100% before Lebanon comes to town. Once we are 100% we should do very well in D2. Richlands is a beast! I will be pulling for them from here on out!

I can't talk today because I thundered to much last night. But I can type a little.

Good Luck to Gaty City. Liked that train whistle, we need one. As I said before, as a fan I am glad we play GC first game of the year. Its like two hard workers competing, they push each other, no matter the outcome by the time their done they will be better.

Something that always bothers me on this site is when one of those posters from D4 comes on here to thump their chest and say their better. I mean do they not realize with a 1200 student body range vs a 750 or less size school they have no accuse for not being better, or maybe that is it, they realize they should be much better but maybe aren't.

For a minute I wish they would think," What if we played a school that had the Gate City and Richlands players combined, be about the same size as them,

IT SURE WOULDN'T BE PRETTY!!!!!!!

how many kids on this years GC team do you think could earn a starting spot on Richlands team vs. the kids they have playing there now? maybe 1 or 2? maybe?

I don't know about that, but make no mistake about it, Gate City is a talented team and will win a lot of games this year.

As far as the scoring goes in the 1st half, it's like big D and the others stated. we had a couple of scores called back and a couple of other drives that stalled because of flags.

Some of the flags were good calls, but some just made you scratch your head and wonder if some of these refs. have a clue what illegal procedure is.

I know it's a tough job and I have a lot of respect for the guys that do it, but sometimes they just make you want to pull your hair out....lol !

I believe you may be a little to high on Richlands to imagine that only 1 or 2 of the Gate City players would start for the Richlands team. We won with a lopsided score last night but the game was a little closer than 1 or 2 players out of 22 being starter potential for Richlands. They have some really good players. I liked the safety (number 42 I believe) (the Montana Kid) and obviously the line on both sides have some good ballplayers as well as the big running back. You give him some space like our backs had and he will get yards like last year.

Lets not make to much of the fact that we have a well rounded offensive attack which eventually wore down Gate City's defense. They are one dimensional and if their offensive lineman can't get the push up front like last year then its up to thier defense to stop us all night. We are too versatile to do that for long. We really had a good game last night against a strong run team and probably will not be tested much better this year in the regular season. We could become our own worst enemy by getting to high on ourselves. I hope our players just stay grounded and let the coach get them ready from week to week and I believe we can have a nice year. We really are deeper than I thought we were and I haven't missed a game in 5 years. Cody Thomas is a nice suprise on the offensive side of the ball. Our defensive line really impressed me last night by keeping Gate City's push up front non-existent. Those guys have worked hard this offseason and it shows.

Good luck to Gate City and if they can just get a little of a pass game, then they will be a much harder out come playoff time.

When I saw Thomas running the ball I was thrilled but not surprised. He played TB his freshman year on the JV team and he was a good one. The coaches knew with Devon cramping, Jack less than 100%, and Austin out they still had a capable RB in Cody Thomas.

When I saw Thomas running the ball I was thrilled but not surprised. He played TB his freshman year on the JV team and he was a good one. The coaches knew with Devon cramping, Jack less than 100%, and Austin out they still had a capable RB in Cody Thomas.

It looks like we have a lot of good athletes that we can move around were we need them. One goes down, another steps up !

I believe you may be a little to high on Richlands to imagine that only 1 or 2 of the Gate City players would start for the Richlands team. We won with a lopsided score last night but the game was a little closer than 1 or 2 players out of 22 being starter potential for Richlands. They have some really good players. I liked the safety (number 42 I believe) (the Montana Kid) and obviously the line on both sides have some good ballplayers as well as the big running back. You give him some space like our backs had and he will get yards like last year.

Lets not make to much of the fact that we have a well rounded offensive attack which eventually wore down Gate City's defense. They are one dimensional and if their offensive lineman can't get the push up front like last year then its up to thier defense to stop us all night. We are too versatile to do that for long. We really had a good game last night against a strong run team and probably will not be tested much better this year in the regular season. We could become our own worst enemy by getting to high on ourselves. I hope our players just stay grounded and let the coach get them ready from week to week and I believe we can have a nice year. We really are deeper than I thought we were and I haven't missed a game in 5 years. Cody Thomas is a nice suprise on the offensive side of the ball. Our defensive line really impressed me last night by keeping Gate City's push up front non-existent. Those guys have worked hard this offseason and it shows.

Good luck to Gate City and if they can just get a little of a pass game, then they will be a much harder out come playoff time.

with everyone that's back from last year...i would think it would be hard to replace most of them as starters. ..i doubt there would be more than 1 or 2 slots.

Never seen anybody have cramps as bad as devon,that was really something,i guess they affect everyone different. ( just saying) I hope that don't happen to him again.

That young man is a super good player,if i was a scout he would have gotten my attention in a hurry. Great Kid and did everthing he could to help his team win.

That young man is a super good player,if i was a scout he would have gotten my attention in a hurry. Great Kid and did everthing he could to help his team win.

He's a heck of a athlete and a good kid ! He's got the height at 6'2" or 6'3", if he could get up to around the 210 to 215 range there would be a lot of colleges that would give him more looks. I think they list him at 180, he may be more or less but that's what they have him listed at.

If I was scouting for one, I would want him on my team. he's a winner and does whatever it takes. Has a huge heart !