Lets talk 8th Grade football........

BigO

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question....how in the world can you EVER have a defensive holding call IN THE BACKFIELD on a running play? Not possible. Also, after the halftime buzzer sounds and the benches are going to their respective sidleline huddles and a player throws his helmet down in disgust at his teams play.......how does that constitute bringing everyone BACK on the field for an additional play? Should that not be assessed on the second half kickoff? Of course it should. I have no problem with calling the penalty...none at all....but when you bring the teams back out after they have both deemed it to be halftime is ludicrous. Yep, you guessed it...BOTH of these horrible calls resulted in touchdowns. And if you weren't there then no need to comment because you have no idea of how bad these calls truly were.

Serious question....how in the world can you EVER have a defensive holding call IN THE BACKFIELD on a running play? Not possible. Also, after the halftime buzzer sounds and the benches are going to their respective sidleline huddles and a player throws his helmet down in disgust at his teams play.......how does that constitute bringing everyone BACK on the field for an additional play? Should that not be assessed on the second half kickoff? Of course it should. I have no problem with calling the penalty...none at all....but when you bring the teams back out after they have both deemed it to be halftime is ludicrous. Yep, you guessed it...BOTH of these horrible calls resulted in touchdowns. And if you weren't there then no need to comment because you have no idea of how bad these calls truly were.

Easy. The defensive line will "hold" or impede an offensive player from making a block on another defensive player that is in position to make the play. That answers your first statement. Not commenting on the remainder. Just trying to help.

Tazewell is undefeated as well. The running backs are strong, the line is big and hopefully the future is looking brighter. #34 comes from a strong football talent, his last name is Davis and his dad played QB in 1986, so....

All I have to say is watch out, if the son is half the talent of his dad. If I am not mistaken, Jessie Davis led Tazewell to the 1986 state title. I also want to say that I heard that his dad wound up going to Lee's McRae College. While he was there, he was recruited by some major heavyweights like Clemson, UT, and others.

Football seems to run in cycles. In a few years you'll have some teams that are very good now be down a little and some teams that are down right now will be up.

It always seems to be that way. Although a good program can take a little hit in talent and still be very competitive because of the strength of the coaches and community.

I think Tazewell will be back in a couple of years. They have too many good athletes there to stay down too long. They just need to let the coach, coach !

Tazewell is undefeated as well. The running backs are strong, the line is big and hopefully the future is looking brighter. #34 comes from a strong football talent, his last name is Davis and his dad played QB in 1986, so....

TMS beat RMS twice and Marion. Lost to Princeton, Bluefield, Lebanon twice and tied Northwood in one ot. Malik Davis is good, Also Chris Hall

Saw in the paper this morning that Graham Middle is 3-0 with wins over Bluefield (28-6), Grayson Co. (18-0), and Carroll Co. (16-0). They play Marion at home next Monday (9/20) and then at Abingdon on 9/27.

BDT said Graham is now 6-0 after defeating Marion, Abingdon, and Princeton, with Tazewell and Richlands left to play...

BDT said Graham is now 6-0 after defeating Marion, Abingdon, and Princeton, with Tazewell and Richlands left to play...

Shannon Remines and Teddy Coppola have done a great job coaching the GMS squad this year. This is a great group of kids they are working with.

For the 2nd year in a row.....Battle defeated Abingdon in 8th grade and JV football. Wonder where those up and comering studs are that we keep hearing about in Abingdon

First off, let me compliment you on your beautiful avatar and sig. Secondly, were you even at the 8th grade game? You obviously were not, because had you been at the game and if you had ANY football knowledge whatsoever, you wouldn't be bragging about beating us...fo sho. Let me re-iterate my previous post....score was as follows....Refs 12 JSB 6 and AHS 12. This is no slam of the JSB team...hey, they were a good team. However, when you call players back on the field AFTER the halftime buzzer to assess a penalty that occured AFTER (read that again..AFTER) halftime had started then the refs get credit for that TD...period. If you were there you would say "ya know, you're right...that was pretty bad"....but seeing as how you WEREN'T there you are going to get on here and say things like "look at us..we're great"...which really makes you look foolish to those that were there. In addition, please answer this question...how in the world can a ref call defensive holding in the offensive backfield? When tape PLAINLY shows it was offensive holding on an end around run. I am sure there were missed calls both ways...but don't kid yourself, the two I speak of allowed JSB to score 2x. They earned 1 TD and were given 2. It's very difficult to win these games....and that difficulty raises exponentially when you have to beat both the team you are playing as well as the refs. But, uh, you go ahead and brag all you want....just keep that avatar and sig!

Shannon Remines and Teddy Coppola have done a great job coaching the GMS squad this year. This is a great group of kids they are working with.

They were a hard hitting team, no doubt. Better watch gump and the head shots tho.

First off, let me compliment you on your beautiful avatar and sig. Secondly, were you even at the 8th grade game? You obviously were not, because had you been at the game and if you had ANY football knowledge whatsoever, you wouldn't be bragging about beating us...fo sho. Let me re-iterate my previous post....score was as follows....Refs 12 JSB 6 and AHS 12. This is no slam of the JSB team...hey, they were a good team. However, when you call players back on the field AFTER the halftime buzzer to assess a penalty that occured AFTER (read that again..AFTER) halftime had started then the refs get credit for that TD...period. If you were there you would say "ya know, you're right...that was pretty bad"....but seeing as how you WEREN'T there you are going to get on here and say things like "look at us..we're great"...which really makes you look foolish to those that were there. In addition, please answer this question...how in the world can a ref call defensive holding in the offensive backfield? When tape PLAINLY shows it was offensive holding on an end around run. I am sure there were missed calls both ways...but don't kid yourself, the two I speak of allowed JSB to score 2x. They earned 1 TD and were given 2. It's very difficult to win these games....and that difficulty raises exponentially when you have to beat both the team you are playing as well as the refs. But, uh, you go ahead and brag all you want....just keep that avatar and sig!

Lord.....Your 8th grade team has lost 2 games.....You falcons made excuse after excuse after PH beat you, now you lose to Battle and here you go again. A loss is a loss.........get over it. Holding can be called on every play if you get picky about it, im not sure if the holding on that play was as bad as you say, but its not a penalty if a flag isnt threw..... How about the JV game....wanna make excuses for that also? How about the 8th grade and JV games last year.....any excuses? You taped an 8th grade game? get a life

Can we move these coaches to the high school along the kids? please

For the 2nd year in a row.....Battle defeated Abingdon in 8th grade and JV football. Wonder where those up and comering studs are that we keep hearing about in Abingdon

A loss is a loss. What you questioned initially was the "studs" that we have. I am an Abingdon fan but I am a football guy first. I can tell you that in 35 years of playing, coaching and just being a fan, i have seen very few teams with this level of football talent( 8th grade). Battle's coaching was mediocre at best and was still able to out scheme us, so you kind of understand what kind of shape we are in. There is no question that the officiating was horrible but we should be able to beat a team like that bad enough to take a couple of horrible call out of the equation. We are like having a box of .22 shells and no rifle on opening day of squirrel season. If this team progresses and stays together they could be really special with proper coaching.

A loss is a loss. What you questioned initially was the "studs" that we have. I am an Abingdon fan but I am a football guy first. I can tell you that in 35 years of playing, coaching and just being a fan, i have seen very few teams with this level of football talent( 8th grade). Battle's coaching was mediocre at best and was still able to out scheme us, so you kind of understand what kind of shape we are in. There is no question that the officiating was horrible but we should be able to beat a team like that bad enough to take a couple of horrible call out of the equation. We are like having a box of .22 shells and no rifle on opening day of squirrel season. If this team progresses and stays together they could be really special with proper coaching.

+10!

Yes we do, ph is a joke anyway.

to all "typical" Abingdon fans that constantly wine and complain to get ur way...shut your mouth..i would cuss but i would get kick off. give our 8th graders some credit theyve worked hard this year. they are no joke they are 4-1 and there only lost was to battle by 6. yall got in handed to you by PH..live with and get used to it cause it coming every year starting when those 8th graders become 10th graders...and poeple like you piss me off bc you dnt know football and probably never played.

Lord.....Your 8th grade team has lost 2 games.....You falcons made excuse after excuse after PH beat you, now you lose to Battle and here you go again. A loss is a loss.........get over it. Holding can be called on every play if you get picky about it, im not sure if the holding on that play was as bad as you say, but its not a penalty if a flag isnt threw..... How about the JV game....wanna make excuses for that also? How about the 8th grade and JV games last year.....any excuses? You taped an 8th grade game? get a life

Really? You are going to question the validity of my post? You, "Mr. Battle will kill AHS"? You're questioning my judgement? BTW, you should have said "thrown" not "threw"..obviously a Battle grad. We absolutely tape 8th grade games. You don't? Maybe that's why your varsity sucks so bad. Please re-read my post...maybe I should have typed slower for you....the holding call was a DEFENSIVE holding in the OFFENSIVE backfield on a run play. Re-read that sentence again...go ahead, I'll wait...................................................................................................................................................................................................................long enough? Sure there was plenty of holding by JSB on every play that never got called but I chose NOT to comment about those because they didn't directly affect the outcome of the game. Finally, if you need directions on how to operate a video camera just let me know...we have a GREAT videographer.

to all "typical" Abingdon fans that constantly wine and complain to get ur way...shut your mouth..i would cuss but i would get kick off. give our 8th graders some credit theyve worked hard this year. they are no joke they are 4-1 and there only lost was to battle by 6. yall got in handed to you by PH..live with and get used to it cause it coming every year starting when those 8th graders become 10th graders...and poeple like you piss me off bc you dnt know football and probably never played.

Dude, can I buy a vowel or a period somewhere?

Dude, can I buy a vowel or a period somewhere?

Take your 10th grade a$$ to practice and stay off the forums...I'm sure your coach would say the same. I'm a college grad, for your info. Thats more than you'll ever be able to say...and no....the community college doesnt count in this case. You lost....just as you lost to PH... Just as your JV lost also. Whats sad....is our JV beat Abingdons, and our best 13 sophmores are starting on varsity. Our back up 10 graders beat you. How about that.

Take your 10th grade a$$ to practice and stay off the forums...I'm sure your coach would say the same. I'm a college grad, for your info. Thats more than you'll ever be able to say...and no....the community college doesnt count in this case. You lost....just as you lost to PH... Just as your JV lost also. Whats sad....is our JV beat Abingdons, and our best 13 sophmores are starting on varsity. Our back up 10 graders beat you. How about that.

Funny thing is, I double majored in college and graduated with honors. And for those of you who read this...please understand that there is nothing wrong with a community college degree. Furthermore, BigO stands for Big Orange..as in UT, numbnuts, which is where my degree is from. Yours?.....so take your "Phoenix online" butt to an actual school and keep on learning. If we are going to start a battle of wits I might have to refrain due to the fact you will be coming to the battle unarmed. I am not sure how it is that I lose because of the fact that you have a college degree also....other than the fact that YOU having a college degree completely de-values mine. Lastly, why is that you speak only of the 8th grade and JV??? Oh yeah, because AHS whipped your ass in varsity. Period. Now, please return to your online class entitled "How to make a douche out of yourself" promptly. I hear you're making an A in that class.

Funny thing is, I double majored in college and graduated with honors. And for those of you who read this...please understand that there is nothing wrong with a community college degree. Furthermore, BigO stands for Big Orange..as in UT, numbnuts, which is where my degree is from. Yours?.....so take your "Phoenix online" butt to an actual school and keep on learning. If we are going to start a battle of wits I might have to refrain due to the fact you will be coming to the battle unarmed. I am not sure how it is that I lose because of the fact that you have a college degree also....other than the fact that YOU having a college degree completely de-values mine. Lastly, why is that you speak only of the 8th grade and JV??? Oh yeah, because AHS whipped your ass in varsity. Period. Now, please return to your online class entitled "How to make a douche out of yourself" promptly. I hear you're making an A in that class.

Maybe you're southbounds daddy? Maybe I had it all wrong again. He said his daddy knows it all. My degree is from Furman thank you very much. And you're right... nothing is wrong with a community college degree. I would have to disagree with you winning a battle of wits, especially when it comes to football my friend. I've both played and coached at the college level, I won 3 state titles in my high school career. Im not from Battle, or Washington County for that matter. Take your UT degree and go watch video of your 8th grade team. The closest you've ever gotten to a field is filling up water bottles on Friday Nights....