Richlands fans

trigger

I have noticed some post in the Gate City thread about you guys should win the region with ease. I have read on here that you guys are loaded and I don't doubt that at all. I think Richlands will be undefeated going into the game with Cave Spring. Herein lies the point of this post.

Cave Spring appears to be loaded as well. I am sure you guys know about the Cole kid who has committed to VT. Woodrum, the qb, is committed to liberty but just got an offer from Wake FOrest this week. Cave Spring is very good as well. I am sure you guys have that circled on your calendars. I predict you will have homefield this year because you guys will finish 10-0. CS could finish 8-2 or better because C-burg and Salem will obviously be stout competition. Just wondering what you guys preliminary thoughts are on this potential matchup. It's farly obvious that these 2 teams are the juggernaunts of region IV D3.

I hope Richlands makes it that far, and I'm sure most would love to see Cave Spring come to EHS, but it's just too early to think about. Right now the focus will be on game #2 because Richlands has been there long enough to know that's how you get there.

I hope Richlands makes it that far, and I'm sure most would love to see Cave Spring come to EHS, but it's just too early to think about. Right now the focus will be on game #2 because Richlands has been there long enough to know that's how you get there.

Spot on post. I am sure Cave Spring is interested in Salem and C-Burg and a possible River Ridge title more than a potential playoff opponent right now as well.

Spot on post. I am sure Cave Spring is interested in Salem and C-Burg and a possible River Ridge title more than a potential playoff opponent right now as well.

Nothing else needs be said.

Perfect post Big D ! Way to early to think about that. Too many things can happen between this past game and any possible match up with CS.

I expected that type of response. The comments of 12-0 over on the other thread just sparked my interest. I think it is safe to say that if you guys aren't undefeated going into the CS game, then it would be a major upset. I hope to be able to watch that game if it happens. I don't see any other competition in the region for either team. Martiinsville could be a team to watch but I knida doubt it.

The thing that worries me is that Richlands only put up 3 points in the first half?

I told you guys that Graham gave GC all they could handle and that was with the #15 kid in there.

I realize from the write ups that they changed up and went with the run to wear them down, so maybe that's the key to beating GC this year, because Graham pretty much ran them to death as usual...same traps and dives you have seen from Graham from years.

I figured the score would be 28-7 or so...figured Richlands would win by 2 or 3 TD's...but I thought it would be a deal where they would be up at the half and just sort of eat up the clock as time went on, not score it all in the 4th lol.

The thing that worries me is that Richlands only put up 3 points in the first half?

I told you guys that Graham gave GC all they could handle and that was with the #15 kid in there.

I realize from the write ups that they changed up and went with the run to wear them down, so maybe that's the key to beating GC this year, because Graham pretty much ran them to death as usual...same traps and dives you have seen from Graham from years.

I figured the score would be 28-7 or so...figured Richlands would win by 2 or 3 TD's...but I thought it would be a deal where they would be up at the half and just sort of eat up the clock as time went on, not score it all in the 4th lol.

Penalties were a big problem in the first half. Devon had what would've been a long TD called back on the first drive. Bradley had a TD pass called back later in the first quarter. Something like a half dozen penalties in the first half. Without those it's likely at least 17-0 at halftime.

Once again, don't assume the game was as close as the score. The score should have been at least 17-0 at half. Devon maybe played a quarter and a 1/2 the entire game. Big D summed it up very well.

Once again, don't assume the game was as close as the score. The score should have been at least 17-0 at half. Devon maybe played a quarter and a 1/2 the entire game. Big D summed it up very well.

didn't assume anything...thats why i asked....if i had assumed then i wouldn't have asked?

Like BigD and the others said, we had a couple of scores called back and a couple of drives stalled because of flags.

Some of the flags were good calls and some just made you shake your head and wonder if some refs know what illegal procedure really is.

I know it's a tough job and I have a lot of respect for the guys that do, but some of these calls just makes you want to pull your hair out

I agree that the first have was a penalty fest for Richlands and definitely kept the game closer than it should have been. I don't agree that the refs missed a lot of calls. I seen someone moving early every time they called it. I just wonder how many times a guy can jump offsides until he figures I'll just wait until the ball is snapped. Most of the penalties came from the wideouts and that's just discipline.

I did wonder what the call was in the 2nd half when the game was 10-0 that gave Gate City a first down after they were punting and it was 4th and 12. We did not touch the kicker and any other penalty of the size to give them a first down should have been after the change of possession and we should have kept the ball. (This is when the game was stoped a long time as coach Mance had to get an explanation). No big deal as our defense steped up and just shut them down again.

I do believe the Richlands fans get on the refs sometimes a little early. The refs 99% of the time call the game as good as they can with no bias. No human being is perfect and would make all the calls correctly every time. When you think you're team gets a bad call then just get louder when thier on defense. Complaining to refs never helps and only makes us look like cry baby's.

I agree that the first have was a penalty fest for Richlands and definitely kept the game closer than it should have been. I don't agree that the refs missed a lot of calls. I seen someone moving early every time they called it. I just wonder how many times a guy can jump offsides until he figures I'll just wait until the ball is snapped. Most of the penalties came from the wideouts and that's just discipline.

I did wonder what the call was in the 2nd half when the game was 10-0 that gave Gate City a first down after they were punting and it was 4th and 12. We did not touch the kicker and any other penalty of the size to give them a first down should have been after the change of possession and we should have kept the ball. (This is when the game was stoped a long time as coach Mance had to get an explanation). No big deal as our defense steped up and just shut them down again.

I do believe the Richlands fans get on the refs sometimes a little early. The refs 99% of the time call the game as good as they can with no bias. No human being is perfect and would make all the calls correctly every time. When you think you're team gets a bad call then just get louder when thier on defense. Complaining to refs never helps and only makes us look like cry baby's.

I respect your opinion and everything but, I didn't say they missed a lot of calls and I also made sure that I said how much I respect the job they do. It is a hard and thankless job, but I did think that they missed a couple of the procedure calls, not all but a couple. I think when you have an offense like Richlands has in the spread and have people going in motion all the time that maybe "some" of the refs are confused and think they may be a infraction when maybe there wasn't.

I don't think ( again my opinion ) it makes the Richlands fans look like a bunch of cry babies when they get on them sometimes. You always have a couple of fans in any fan base that go over the top and carry it to far. But most all the blues fans are just very passionate about their team.

I couldn't agree more! There was a game last year when the fans got on the refs over some call and it was the loudest I have ever heard Ernie Hicks Stadium. If they would direct that energy towards the other team's offense it could be game changing.

I agree that our offense is hard to keep track of and sometimes this may lead to some bad calls. It also leads to players moving early or at same time and accounts for a lot of our penalties. It also leads to a lot of confusion on the opposing defense and leads to points. I am sure they did miss a call or two and I do respect you're opinion as well. I do think (my opinion) our fans, especially home games get under the refs skins for nothing a lot of times and only hurt our players. Refs are human and continuous badgering does not help them keep an even temperment. I am very supportive of our team and get fired up at times as well but (I BELIEVE) that its better to just get louder when we are on defense than get the refs PO'ed for a call whether it is bad or not. Just my opinion. I know when our fans get loud it is a big twelve man for the opposition to overcome.

Do you know what the call was in second half that gave GC the ball back after they punted and it was 4th and 12 or 13. We did not come close to the kicker and thats the only thing that is of the 15 yard variety which would give GC a 1st down and not just be marked against us after the return was made. Coach Mance was really upset and it took a while for refs to give him explanation.

Anytime I am giving my opinion, its only my opinion, and does not mean anymore than you're opinion does. I know I don't have all the answers and enjoy reading others philosophies. That helps give life a little flavor.

I remember the call but I never heard the explanation. I do know that Greg Mance didn't seem too happy with it.

I know a lot of officials, and while they may not make the right call every time, they are trying to make the right call every time. In the mind of most fans though, every call is a bad call. It's not just Richlands either. It's about the same everywhere I've been.

I agree that our offense is hard to keep track of and sometimes this may lead to some bad calls. It also leads to players moving early or at same time and accounts for a lot of our penalties. It also leads to a lot of confusion on the opposing defense and leads to points. I am sure they did miss a call or two and I do respect you're opinion as well. I do think (my opinion) our fans, especially home games get under the refs skins for nothing a lot of times and only hurt our players. Refs are human and continuous badgering does not help them keep an even temperment. I am very supportive of our team and get fired up at times as well but (I BELIEVE) that its better to just get louder when we are on defense than get the refs PO'ed for a call whether it is bad or not. Just my opinion. I know when our fans get loud it is a big twelve man for the opposition to overcome.

Do you know what the call was in second half that gave GC the ball back after they punted and it was 4th and 12 or 13. We did not come close to the kicker and thats the only thing that is of the 15 yard variety which would give GC a 1st down and not just be marked against us after the return was made. Coach Mance was really upset and it took a while for refs to give him explanation.

Anytime I am giving my opinion, its only my opinion, and does not mean anymore than you're opinion does. I know I don't have all the answers and enjoy reading others philosophies. That helps give life a little flavor.

You and Big D both have good points.

I'm not one who stands and yells at the refs myself even if I don't always agree with the call being made, because I do know what a tough job they have. I played and know what it's like out on the field and they can't see everything on every play and I know how hard they work to try to call the best game they can.

I also have a cousin that lives in Maryland that refs high school ball so I know from his stories how tough it can be.

Everyone giving their opinion on this board is one reason I like this forum. If we all had the same opinion on everything it would sure be a boring board...lol !

As far as the penalty that you are talking about on that punt or was suppose to be a punt, I still have no idea what the call was. Someone told me that it was a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty before the snap. But I don't know if that is the case. Just what I heard.

I think all that was made up for with the last two tds Richlands got at the end. Will not argue about it because it would not have changed the outcome nor does arguing change the outcome. The one intercption made that setup the 2nd to last td was only possible when #1 for RHS pushed GCs WR out of bounds while running down the sidelines and ball in air. Why a flag was not called on #1 I dont know and dont care now. The last td was off a fumble that the RHS player recovered while he was down and should have been ruled down but instead was allowed to get to his feet and run it in. I keep reading that the score should have been worse because of the officiating and the Johnsons being out but everyone forgets that not only did GC have Clark out due to injury but also had 8 players quit before season started. The offials did not affect the outcome because the two tds called back in the first half were given back at the end. Players did not affect the score much and if anything had both teams had all the players they should have had it may have been just a little closer but RHS still winning. This game really needs to be moved from the first game to the 6th or 7th of the season. That way both would be well seasoned and nowhere near as mistake ridden. Gate City is a better team than what was shown Friday night and hopefully once they have all their injuries healed depth built back up and the early season jitters gone they will be able to show that. Anyways that is enough about all this that can not be changed. We both have games coming up in less than a week that we need to focus on. Good luck to both from here on out!

Alot of people keep wonting to say that the game was a lot closer than the score showed I do not agree with that. Richlands kept shooting their selves in the foot the hole first half. The Blues moved the ball ever time the O had the ball but they either commited a pentaly or two that stoped a drive, or had a turnover. GC has a good ball team but Richlands just had to much for them Fri. night. The D for the Blues played the best I have seen them play in a long time. The score could have been worse but you know what they say about if's and but's.

Alot of people keep wonting to say that the game was a lot closer than the score showed I do not agree with that. Richlands kept shooting their selves in the foot the hole first half. The Blues moved the ball ever time the O had the ball but they either commited a pentaly or two that stoped a drive, or had a turnover. GC has a good ball team but Richlands just had to much for them Fri. night. The D for the Blues played the best I have seen them play in a long time. The score could have been worse but you know what they say about if's and but's.

All I am really trying to say is both teams were full of early season mistakes and this game deserves to be played later in the season after both have become seasoned. Both are really good teams but Richlands is an awesome team.

All I am really trying to say is both teams were full of early season mistakes and this game deserves to be played later in the season after both have become seasoned. Both are really good teams but Richlands is an awesome team.

It's honestly better for Gate City to play this game first. They've won 3 of the last 7 with all three of those wins coming when Richlands had a lot of new starters. Gate City seems more "ready" in that situation, even when they have a lot of new starters themselves, while it takes Richlands a few games to get it together. I like playing that game first though because it exposes weaknesses better than an easy game would.