Richlands fans

trigger

It doesn't really matter about " what if's " and " but's " or what calls were missed or made now because this game is over.

As stated, both teams are very good and have chances for great seasons ! I think both fan bases and player's & coaches respect each other !

Good luck to Gate City with the rest of your season, I hope you guys go far in the playoffs !

The thing that worries me is that Richlands only put up 3 points in the first half?

I told you guys that Graham gave GC all they could handle and that was with the #15 kid in there.

I realize from the write ups that they changed up and went with the run to wear them down, so maybe that's the key to beating GC this year, because Graham pretty much ran them to death as usual...same traps and dives you have seen from Graham from years.

I figured the score would be 28-7 or so...figured Richlands would win by 2 or 3 TD's...but I thought it would be a deal where they would be up at the half and just sort of eat up the clock as time went on, not score it all in the 4th lol.

What question did you asked? It appears to me that you only made statements. The first sentence is not a question. The first sentence appears to be an assumption, that you are worried why Richlands could only put up 3 points in the first half. I simply said that don't assume something is wrong just by reading the score. The first half was clearly not that close at all.......the circumstances (i.e. penalties, turnovers) really dictated the low score, but that's part of the game.

It doesn't really matter about " what if's " and " but's " or what calls were missed or made now because this game is over.

As stated, both teams are very good and have chances for great seasons ! I think both fan bases and player's & coaches respect each other !

Good luck to Gate City with the rest of your season, I hope you guys go far in the playoffs !

Agreed and moving on.

I agree that our offense is hard to keep track of and sometimes this may lead to some bad calls. It also leads to players moving early or at same time and accounts for a lot of our penalties. It also leads to a lot of confusion on the opposing defense and leads to points. I am sure they did miss a call or two and I do respect you're opinion as well. I do think (my opinion) our fans, especially home games get under the refs skins for nothing a lot of times and only hurt our players. Refs are human and continuous badgering does not help them keep an even temperment. I am very supportive of our team and get fired up at times as well but (I BELIEVE) that its better to just get louder when we are on defense than get the refs PO'ed for a call whether it is bad or not. Just my opinion. I know when our fans get loud it is a big twelve man for the opposition to overcome.

Do you know what the call was in second half that gave GC the ball back after they punted and it was 4th and 12 or 13. We did not come close to the kicker and thats the only thing that is of the 15 yard variety which would give GC a 1st down and not just be marked against us after the return was made. Coach Mance was really upset and it took a while for refs to give him explanation.

Anytime I am giving my opinion, its only my opinion, and does not mean anymore than you're opinion does. I know I don't have all the answers and enjoy reading others philosophies. That helps give life a little flavor.

That penalty was for unsportsman like conduct. (Called on Nick Wolfe #80). I believe he knocked a player down then layed on top of him and rolled him pretty good. A similiar call was called last week againist Bassett ( Called on Zach Frazier #50) and we punted over, however we were the receiving team this week. I thought it was after we had possession of the ball, so the penalty should have been marked off against us and we keep the ball.

Nobody asked, but....

The competition beyond Region IV is going to be stiff, and it's Region III's turn to host the semifinal game this year.

Liberty (Bedford) is poised to have a big year -- although the Seminole District is stacked with good teams, so the Minutemen will have their hands full.

One game at a time is great advice for everyone, but it is fun to speculate about December.

It's honestly better for Gate City to play this game first. They've won 3 of the last 7 with all three of those wins coming when Richlands had a lot of new starters. Gate City seems more "ready" in that situation, even when they have a lot of new starters themselves, while it takes Richlands a few games to get it together. I like playing that game first though because it exposes weaknesses better than an easy game would.

I have to reply to this and I am done.:D

I really have to disagree with what you say about the game being in GCs favor being played first. These teams have been playing 10 years now with the series being tied at 5 a piece. It is not always Richlands needing a few games to get it together. There have been years that GC needs a few games to get it together. This year being one of them. No I dont think GC would beat Richlands later in this year but I feel they would be able to move the ball better then. GC is trying a lot of new things this time with putting in a young QB being one of them. I do think the teams would benifit playing this game at mid season that way they would know where they stand at that time. The ONLY thing I am trying to say with this post is I hope we can move this game to later in the season. So before anyone says it I am not trying to say GC would have a better shot at beating Richlands later this season because fact is they would not.

I really have to disagree with what you say about the game being in GCs favor being played first. These teams have been playing 10 years now with the series being tied at 5 a piece. It is not always Richlands needing a few games to get it together. There have been years that GC needs a few games to get it together. This year being one of them. No I dont think GC would beat Richlands later in this year but I feel they would be able to move the ball better then. GC is trying a lot of new things this time with putting in a young QB being one of them. I do think the teams would benifit playing this game at mid season that way they would know where they stand at that time. The ONLY thing I am trying to say with this post is I hope we can move this game to later in the season. So before anyone says it I am not trying to say GC would have a better shot at beating Richlands later this season because fact is they would not.

Earlier I said I'm glad we play Gaty City early, and let me make sure you know why.

Read a article by one of our hall of fame coaches, from our part of the country, and he noted a team needs to play a really tough team at the beginning of the year and a very tough team toward the end of the year. The one at the beginning gives your team something to work toward thru the off season the one toward the end allows you to apply and test what you have learned thru the season and prepare for the playoffs.

Don't know anybody who could match Gate City's run and D for a first game. At the same time having watched Richlands thru the 7 on 7's and knowing from years past that the pass game will progress a enormus amount before seasons end, they are a much tougher test mid season or at season's end.

My hope is we can find ways to help keep players healthy thru scrimages, looks like we have really banged ourselves up this year, both teams.

Here are my thoughts... I was Richland's biggest critic on here last year.. I predicted that they would lose to Cave Spring 35-21 in the playoffs...and that's exactly what happened...

This year, I think Richlands wins it going away....and IF they play Cave Spring in the playoffs I don't think it will be close....mark it down...I said it....this may be the best Richlands team I have ever seen on a football field and if anybody stays within 3 touchdowns of them this year, I'll be very surprised.

I'm in agreement with you. There's no way the first game of the year is a true indicator of the quality of the teams..........and I believe quite a few Richlands fans said as much after the loss last year. I would much rather see this game played midway thru the season.