richlands/bluefield

countryboy

It would be nice to see these 2 teams play again. They are the 2 best teams in our area right now.

I have always had a lot of respect for Bluefield, how could you not with all they have accomplished over the years.

They also have beaten us the last 2 times they played us but it's always a good football game.

It's hard to know who would win this season but I know it would be a heck of a game !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

I know Bluefield is good. But I don't see them being able to beat Richlands. To much talent. Richlands shouldn't lose to anyone they face all year IMO. I went and watched Dobyns Bennett and Knox Faragutt play last Thursday. Richlands talent is similar. They are both 6A tennessee schools. Richlands is loaded this year....

I know Bluefield is good. But I don't see them being able to beat Richlands. To much talent. Richlands shouldn't lose to anyone they face all year IMO. I went and watched Dobyns Bennett and Knox Faragutt play last Thursday. Richlands talent is similar. They are both 6A tennessee schools. Richlands is loaded this year....

I love these type of threads and posts. It's always easier to say you "could" beat someone then actually playing them and finding for sure. We'd be playing a game this year if Richlands hadn't deemed it more important to beat up on the likes of Honaker. But of course, Honaker is a HUGE rival that will draw a large crowd...:rolleyes:

Richlands cannot beat Bluefield until they prove it on the field. If they're feeling froggy then tell'em to jump b/c Beaver is more than willing to take on top competition.

I love these type of threads and posts. It's always easier to say you "could" beat someone then actually playing them and finding for sure. We'd be playing a game this year if Richlands hadn't deemed it more important to beat up on the likes of Honaker. But of course, Honaker is a HUGE rival that will draw a large crowd...:rolleyes:

Richlands cannot beat Bluefield until they prove it on the field. If they're feeling froggy then tell'em to jump b/c Beaver is more than willing to take on top competition.

You know, if you look at the post's in this thread, the one's that you can tell are Richlands fans, show Bluefield a lot of respect, I don't know if the other ( VOL 61 ) is a blues fan or not, but you didn't have to be a SA.

If you look at any post in here about Bluefield almost all of post from me and other Richlands fans have been respectful of the Bluefield program !

I still have a lot of respect for the bluefield football program........just not for "some" of it's fans now !

If you look at my post and every other post on here except for one nobody said anything to belittle Bluefield in any way. I was trying to be respectful, but I guess some just can't handle success.

I have no idea why they are not playing this year, but it's certainly not because of Honaker or we are scared of you. We were playing Honaker before you were on the schedule.

But if it makes you feel good about yourself to think it's because Richlands is scared, then have at it.

You know, if you look at the post's in this thread, the one's that you can tell are Richlands fans, show Bluefield a lot of respect, I don't know if the other ( VOL 61 ) is a blues fan or not, but you didn't have to be a SA.

If you look at any post in here about Bluefield almost all of post from me and other Richlands fans have been respectful of the Bluefield program !

I still have a lot of respect for the bluefield football program........just not for "some" of it's fans now !

If you look at my post and every other post on here except for one nobody said anything to belittle Bluefield in any way. I was trying to be respectful, but I guess some just can't handle success.

I have no idea why they are not playing this year, but it's certainly not because of Honaker or we are scared of you. We were playing Honaker before you were on the schedule.

But if it makes you feel good about yourself to think it's because Richlands is scared, then have at it.

I didn't imply anyone was scared of anyone; never mentioned the word anywhere in my post. I only stated that Bluefield was more than willing to continue the series, but Richlands was not. If Richlands wants to play Bluefield and find out where they stand then have them contact Bluefield b/c the Beavers are always struggling to fill a 10-game schedule. I thoroughly enjoyed both games of recent series, especially the game at Richlands in 2007. The house was packed and the teams put on a great show for thousands of folks that came out. I'd love to witness the match-up every year and again Bluefield is more than willing. Traveling to Richlands every other years beats the heck out of traveling to Charlotte or places similar in distance.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

I didn't imply anyone was scared of anyone; never mentioned the word anywhere in my post. I only stated that Bluefield was more than willing to continue the series, but Richlands was not.

You may not of said it outright and maybe didn't mean to imply it, but it kinda came across to "me", and maybe just me that way.

But, it doesn't matter, I apologize if I mistook what you were trying to say. It's silly to go back & forth over something so trivial in a thread that is strictly hypothetical.

Both have very good football programs and I think we both can agree it would be nice to see them play every year.

Good luck to Bluefield with their season.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

You may not of said it outright but it sure looked like it was being implied.

But, it doesn't matter, I apologize if I mistook what you were trying say. It's silly to go back & forth over something so trivial in a thread that is strictly hypothetical.

Both have very good football programs and I think we both can agree it would be nice to see them play every year.

Good luck to Bluefield with their season.

No doubt. It would certainly be a more entertaining game than other games on each schedule in 2010.

I heard that the man that paid for Honakers and Richlands field, was wanting that match up to continue, if you know what I mean. The new teams next year are Patrick Co (I thought it was Franklin Co) and Pulaski Co.

I heard that the man that paid for Honakers and Richlands field, was wanting that match up to continue, if you know what I mean. The new teams next year are Patrick Co (I thought it was Franklin Co) and Pulaski Co.

Correct. We dropped Lebanon and Grundy and picked up Patrick and Pulaski Co.

is richlands gona play anyone close to cburg next year. i heard pulaski co.

Hey man ! I heard cburg looked very good in it's game ! Congrats on a good win !

Yea, Richlands will be playing Pulaski and Patric county next year instead of Grundy and Lebanon.

I don't know exactly where each game is played right now, I'm sure that someone on here knows, but I haven't heard yet.

Who does cburg play this week ?

DB couldnt hold Richlands slop bucket this year.

As much as I hate to admit it, you're right. I don't know who was responsible for cancelling this series, but it was a huge mistake IMO. The fans deserve this game.

Trust me they couldn't touch Richlands. He said he saw DB and Farragut play :) i did too and Farragut is horrible.(and before he crows about them beating Oak Ridge, the coaches at OAk Ridge told me they were waaay down) Of course like a lot of threads, it is my opinion against his. Of course they will never play so it is practically a moot point.

if these teams would have been on each other's schedule, how would you all see this one going??

It's hard to say at this point of the season! It's too early. Based on both team's performances Friday night I'm sure it would be one heck of a game to go see. We'll see how Bluefield does against Gate City and Graham does against Richlands later in the season. Even then you can't really say because you can never get the true outcome of a game from comparing scores either plus teams often improve as the season moves along also. It's a good matchup to think about though. It would be great if the two schools could renew a contract. Benefits both schools in my opinion.

As much as I'd like to say our SWVA representative would defeat DB....I think I'd be lying to myself and everyone else. Richlands is fast and big....but not that fast....not that big....and not that deep. Richlands may have kids getting looked at by some colleges.....they dont have a back being looked at by every school in the SEC and ACC. Just my opinion, but I dont see how Richlands would have any advantage what so ever. DB is a track team on turf....They can flat out fly. Its to bad we can find out though. I'd be pulling for Richlands because I'd love nothing more than to see ole Graham Clark explain a loss to a SWVA team with less than half of his enrollement.