Question

Blue_Crue

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it IS a home game for Graham.

But Mitchell isn't available that Friday, so the game was moved to P'ton

(like River View's home gane at Welch against Mt. View 10 days ago)

The VHSL lists it as Away to avoid confusing the fans.

It may suppose to have been a home game, but if it's being played at Ptown ( for what ever reason ) then it's definitely an away game....lol

I actually heard that it was going to be on a Saturday originally at Mitchell but the great Doug Marrs changed it to a Friday night game at Princeton because he wanted to go to Chapel Hill to watch his son, even though his son won't even dress out or even be on the sidelines. I don't know how much truth there is to this

I actually heard that it was going to be on a Saturday originally at Mitchell but the great Doug Marrs changed it to a Friday night game at Princeton because he wanted to go to Chapel Hill to watch his son, even though his son won't even dress out or even be on the sidelines. I don't know how much truth there is to this

Ding Ding Ding Ding and we have another winner here.

Absolutely pathetic on his behalf. His team and primary obligation is less important than watching his son perform his obligation, who has 0.00% chance of playing. Just incredible.

And I've heard from good sources that it's true.

So basically he gave away a home game in front of the home crowd and the gate and couldn't afford to take the band to Cave Spring........WOW ! :confused:

There may be a lot of bands not traveling with their teams this year with the way the school budgets are right now........but still !

So basically he gave away a home game in front of the home crowd and the gate and couldn't afford to take the band to Cave Spring........WOW ! :confused:

There may be a lot of bands not traveling with their teams this year with the way the school budgets are right now........but still !

The football team has nothing to do with the band going. Its all school board. They won't pay gas for every away game because every Graham game is technically away because we have to drive to Mitchell Stadium.

Thats why last year the band didn't go to the two furthest games which were Grundy and Virginia High.

The football team has nothing to do with the band going. Its all school board. They won't pay gas for every away game because every Graham game is technically away because we have to drive to Mitchell Stadium.

Thats why last year the band didn't go to the two furthest games which were Grundy and Virginia High.

I understand that and I didn't make myself too clear on my point. It really wasn't about the band, but more on giving away a home game. My bad.

This is total B.S.....they could've had each band member chip in $2.00 apiece to pay for the frickin driver and gas....other schools have had to do that for field trips and such. What about booster money? Or do they even have any boosters anymore?

Edited by futbolking

He didn't take the band?

He's in charge of the band now?

So THAT'S where the problem is ... he mixed up the diagrams and the fb team is running plays that end with them forming the letter "G".

But he is in charge of the buses!!.....he's the athletic director, they schedule the buses for everything.

They'd probably win more games if the band director coached the team, at least he knows how to put together a winner. Graham's band is awesome.

Edited by futbolking

Is this guy that bullet-proof? When are the good people of Bluefield, Virginia going to put an end to the madness and send that man packing? If this is true, wow...

Is this guy that bullet-proof? When are the good people of Bluefield, Virginia going to put an end to the madness and send that man packing? If this is true, wow...

Exactly what I'm thinking.....if this were happening anywhere else people would be raising cane about it...Apathy seems to be rampant in Bluefield, VA...or at least nobody wants to rock the boat....

If Princeton gets the gate money for this game then of the little respect I have for Doug Marrs, it will all be gone!!

Sad thing what road he has this program headed, very sad thing.

Or some people are just the AD and have one of their best friends as the principal.

It's that simple, which means there's only one way to stop it, and that's by not donating.

Hey UVAObserver you talk more S**t about you alma mater than anyone i know of....so what if Coach Marrs changes a game from saturday to friday to see his son...who will in fact be dressing for that game......he dresses for all the home games so chill with that 0.00% bull crap...it shouldnt matter when or where you play a team should be able to play good at any moment of any day and you know that so quit complaining and go watch your team that week at princeton