Recruting at Richlands???

mdotson98

Rumors of Richlands recruting players from other schools, what is everyone opinion on this?

you are a little late to the game with this one...other breaking news, I heard they had some cleet issues in 1992 as well.

Exactly that, rumors. Just b/c a school gets kids who transfer regularly does not mean they are recruiting them. Richlands' record and competitiveness each year may "recruit" the kids to want to transfer. The Johnson kids didnt have much choice. They are better off at Richlands than River View anyway. Way more colleges will take them more serious. Their dad works for the railroad and was sent or transferred to Grundy. Bluefield has kids transfer often, most from Graham or Princeton.

you are a little late to the game with this one...other breaking news, I heard they had some cleet issues in 1992 as well.

Took the words out of my mouth....lol ! A little late on this one.

If you look around on all the threads, there are a lot of teams that have gotten transfers this year ! So I guess that means that all of them are recruiting !

Come on mdotson98.......you can do better than that for your 1st post !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Exactly that, rumors. Just b/c a school gets kids who transfer regularly does not mean they are recruiting them. Richlands' record and competitiveness each year may "recruit" the kids to want to transfer. The Johnson kids didnt have much choice. They are better off at Richlands than River View anyway. Way more colleges will take them more serious. Their dad works for the railroad and was sent or transferred to Grundy. Bluefield has kids transfer often, most from Graham or Princeton.

There is one kid that has told me that a coach from Richlands contacted a family member who lived in Richlands trying to get the kid to play over there...This came straight from the kid, I'm not B.S. ing anybody, have no reason to. Maybe it was just the kid trying to make himself look good, but if there's truth to that...that's just not right.

Whether people like it or not, it happens a lot of places across the country. If you have a program with a strong tradition you usually don't have to recruit, the kids recruit you. It's nature of high school athletics in today's world.

Rumors of Richlands recruting players from other schools, what is everyone opinion on this?

What time was it yesterday at this same time?well it don't really make any difference,the clock is moving forward,so i should worry about the future and not the past.(Just saying)

I know for a fact of a basketball player that has recently graduated from within the Southwest District that was contacted and asked to play for Richlands "because they were putting together a special team."

I know for a fact of a basketball player that has recently graduated from within the Southwest District that was contacted and asked to play for Richlands "because they were putting together a special team."

Now that is a brilliant statement. If he "recently graduated", then he can't play. And if we are "recruiting", wouldn't it make more sense to "recruit" football players. I can tell by your post that someone, somewhere has used the word "special" to describe you. You must be a Falcon.

Now that is a brilliant statement. If he "recently graduated", then he can't play. And if we are "recruiting", wouldn't it make more sense to "recruit" football players. I can tell by your post that someone, somewhere has used the word "special" to describe you. You must be a Falcon.

He was approached by Richlands more than a year ago. He has since graduated.

Nice reply though by making fun of mentally handicapped people. Does mommy know your up past 9 p.m.?

Not making fun of mentally handicapped people. I was making fun of you. If anyone was offended, I apologize. Just trying to make light of your attempts to strike at the Richlands Football Program. And by the way, on weeknights, mommy lets me stay up to 10 p.m. How late do they stay up in Abingdon?

My take on this is that if a kid wants to go to a school to be a part of a winner, that's fine and I see nothing wrong with that, as long as he or she transfers withing the guidelines of the VHSL....(Heck, if I was a kid in the SWD and could choose to play for Mance....I would choose Mance in a heartbeat)

If a kid is approached by a coach from another team and persuaded to move in with a relative or something of that nature, then that is totally wrong and that coach and or program needs to be punished to the fullest extent. (If that is in fact against VHSL rules, I have no clue if it is or not)......If nothing else, it's just not in good taste and it's just plain wrong....I mean, is it that important that you win at the HIGH SCHOOL level that you have to go and recruit players....what is the challenge in winning, if you do that??

Edited by futbolking

Nice try you guys from abingdon really crack me up making a account just to post something stupid you all dont have to make a new account to do it we expect it from your actual account hahaha.

First off I am not from Abington. Second of all I had just heard a lot of people talking about how they think that Richlands is actually out recruting players to come to play football for them. I personally think this is wrong. I mean if my high school team wins I would want it to be because the boys are boys that we have watched from the time they were little. Boys representing their own town and playing for the same school their father, brother, or other friends of family members have played for. I personally would rather my high school have a losing season with boys that are from my schools own town, than to recrute players from other school. I believe in school pride, town pride, and team pride.

bottom line is when you have success people will WANT to play for you...that's pretty much the story. Heck if I had a kid that was old enough to play football, and he was good enough to start at Richlands, I'd do everything I could to get him in that program...even if the kids don't go on to D-1 schools, a LOT of kids move on to E&H or other smaller schools and play ball out of Richlands...so, for around here I don't think you will find a better option for a kid on a year in and year out basis.

Winning is the best "recruiting" you can do for your program.

The problem with a thread like this is that somebody gets on here and says that they heard this and heard that and it's nothing but rumors plain and simple.

When your program is on top, some people will say and do anything to try to bring it down. People do not like anybody or any team that dominates any sport at any level

Every program around here that has been on top for several years have had these same allegations thrown at them. Salem, Bluefield, and Graham, Gate City, and I even heard it about Powell Valley in the past. Kids want to play for a winner, and where they can be coached up ! Right now, in SWVA, that's Richlands and that's not including the facilities they have also.

If you look at most rosters in the area, just about all of them will have at least a couple of transfers for one reason or another! Look at Tazewell, Graham,Chilhowie and Abingdon all have at least 1 player that has transferred in this year along with a couple of other schools.

Does that mean that they recruited those players........of course not !

People seem to forget that Richlands has been winning at a high level for a long time now........with and without transfers. These players and coaches work too hard to have these type of rumors take away from their success !

Is Richlands still running a spread offense this season?

For the most part, but they also run the power I at times. They have several different personal changes that allow for different schemes.

I heard the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor but its not over until we say its over...:D