Gate City

gcdevils47

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was hard hitting! There are going to be kids on both sides feeling this game for the next few games. South's radio announcers said GC was by far the hardest hitting team they had faced. I think South turned the ball over 4 times and GC 1. This was a polar opposite from last years game when GC self destructed.

South is 1-3 now, do not let that fool you. They have lost to Knox West, GC, and Greenville (who walloped Elizabethton like 55-7 tonight) they can score from anywhere and they are very athletic. The QB Hayden is just a player. They iso him and he's hard to catch.

GC's Vaughn had over 200yds rushing, and looked really good tonight. GC made a lot of hard hits they didn't wrap up on, and they led to several long South runs. Overall a very entertaining game, well worth the price of admission.

Congrats on the big win!!!

I know most folks up this way don't care about the outcome of that game but for you guys, I know it was huge...having to deal with fans from across the state line can be a real pain in the a$$...trust me, I know...

I know it sounds like excuses, but in my opinion if GC hadn't turned the ball over so much last year the game would have been lots closer. South couldn't stop GC running last year. (Not that we stopped them much either) But this is this year :)

I do get so tired of hearing the stuff from folks, but that's why it is fun to play. I hated to see GC end the series with TnHigh.

I know it sounds like excuses, but in my opinion if GC hadn't turned the ball over so much last year the game would have been lots closer. South couldn't stop GC running last year. (Not that we stopped them much either) But this is this year :)

I do get so tired of hearing the stuff from folks, but that's why it is fun to play. I hated to see GC end the series with TnHigh.

We could have played them pretty close last year at Legion too. If it wasnt for the turnovers. they got the same exact thing tonight from us that we got from them last year. only it was closer.

Wow yall beat South but South is down and dnt think yall could beat some of the other top tems in East Tn lik D-B,Tennesse High,Science Hill,and Greeneville

Richlands could beat your guys. Clintwood spanked Happy Valley 35-0. I know you may say who is Happy Valley. Clintwood has only around 300 students,yet they play their hearts out. Gate City could match up with Tenn. schools. Greenville beat Elizabethon pretty good,but Ellizabethon barely beat Happy Valley 13-10 on a last minute drive. Clintwood would beat Elizabethon and give Greenville a good game.:)

Wow yall beat South but South is down and dnt think yall could beat some of the other top tems in East Tn lik D-B,Tennesse High,Science Hill,and Greeneville

Well, maybe not.

but you gotta think

We are 1a with about 300-600 students in the high school.

south is 5a, and the rest of those teams you mentioned are 4a+

If we beat you you might as well be prepared to take crap from every small school fan around here. I think we could give you a good game under the right conditions.

Don't take anything from us, we came into a hostile environment and beat a 5a school. it doesn't matter if they are down or not. its like a community college playing like lets say virginia tech?

or to sum it up even better, Appalachian State versus Michigan.

Richlands could beat your guys. Clintwood spanked Happy Valley 35-0. I know you may say who is Happy Valley. Clintwood has only around 300 students,yet they play their hearts out. Gate City could match up with Tenn. schools. Greenville beat Elizabethon pretty good,but Ellizabethon barely beat Happy Valley 13-10 on a last minute drive. Clintwood would beat Elizabethon and give Greenville a good game.:)

I Agree richlands would destroy any of those teams and they are uh what a 2a???? hmmmm....

Good luck Clintwood, much respect for you guys down in gate city.

Between GC clintwood and richlands there might be 3 championships coming back to swva this year

Don't count Burton out. Burton's always tough. I saw them last week vs Appalachia and they still had some speed. Of course this was against Appalachia.

Only 2 SWVA teams i have seen are Burton and Appy. You can't let Burton get on you early.

Your Vikings had 5 chances to beat us, and we got you 4 out of 5. I guess you were down all 5 years?

I Agree richlands would destroy any of those teams and they are uh what a 2a???? hmmmm....

Between GC clintwood and richlands there might be 3 championships coming back to swva this year

Best wishes to GC this year! I saw AJ Johnson from GC at UVAWise practice the other night. Great kid,and athlete. He and Aarron Stokes played in our All-Star game last year. Great players from GC. Will never forget the last meeting a couple of years ago between GC and Clintwood. Tihlee Anderson breaks away down the sidelines on a last minute drive and you guys beat us 28-27! What a game! I hope all our local guys brings home a championship,best wishes to GC and Richlands this year!:)

Yea...maybe, maybe not.....but look at the size of the schools you are talking about ! They should just run over these small schools from SWVA. We have a couple of schools that could compete with those schools. With half the students !

Best wishes to GC this year! I saw AJ Johnson from GC at UVAWise practice the other night. Great kid,and athlete. He and Aarron Stokes played in our All-Star game last year. Great players from GC. Will never forget the last meeting a couple of years ago between GC and Clintwood. Tihlee Anderson breaks away down the sidelines on a last minute drive and you guys beat us 28-27! What a game! I hope all our local guys brings home a championship,best wishes to GC and Richlands this year!:)

It was a great game between us, I miss playing you guys.

Yea...maybe, maybe not.....but look at the size of the schools you are talking about ! They should just run over these small schools from SWVA. We have a couple of schools that could compete with those schools. With half the students !

We also beat tennessee high, 4 out of 5 times we played them. woooo 4a+ northeast tennessee getting woodshedded by 1a virginia schools.

Id hate to see them play richlands

Our enrollment has dropped over the last few years too. We are not very far from being a single A school also. There has been talk that that could happen in the near future. I hope that we stay at AA D3 but we will have to see what happens over the next couple of years with enrollment.