Graham/VA High

frito gonzales

Wondering what some thoughts are on this game last night? First, I thought Graham looked like a totally different team and they had a very good shot at winning that game. I loved the play calling up until the end. Wish we coulda held on to our time outs in the second half a little longer. The trick plays on special teams looked really good. Graham's o-line played much better and gave Davidson time to throw. Jackson ran better than I had ever seen him run. We just got to find a way to stop the long bombs and contain a little better on defense. I think Graham definately worked hard during there bye week. Defensively we made some good hits and seemed to get to the ball better. Keep working G-Men!!

There you go.

Va High is not that bad this year really...they have some good sized kids and the QB is really good...they need a RB to even things out...they are young as well...in a year or two they are going to be hard to beat.

and I don't even like Va High...just being honest...lol.

Once again the secondary is terrible. One CB cannot tackle nor defend a pass. Run right, throw right and you win against GHS. I have no IDEA why the SAFETY or CB are still playing in ball games on D. Coach Jones must still be BBQing with them on the weekends. He pulled a young man on D for giving up one big play. I think it was the Gearhart (sp) kid. What about the thirty runs and passes that have successfully gone to the right side all night. Not trying to sound like a broken record but MY GOD. Watch the film! Correct the glaring mistakes! FIND OTHER CBs. Everyone was talking pure trash about the secondary for the third game in a row, two players especially. No one will tackle (in the secondary). Hats off to D.J. (Daylight) another good night of hustle and stopping potential plays from the backside. The D end from PHS, Diaz (sp), looked good for about a half then conditioning issues took over. Good to see a decent sized MLB as well.

I honestly think this is the only game GHS can win outside of THS. The secondary blew it!

2-8 is the best case senario for GHS. Maybe things will change. I agree 100% with the lesser opponent statement made earlier. Some good runs (for a change), good blocking and decent QB play. Missed alot of open recievers on reads, but once again hit wideouts in the hands for the most part. Good work AD and DJ. The line still has a ton of work both O and D.

D.J. (Daylight).

His name is Adderius. So shouldn't it be A.J.? Just throwing that out there. The defense is not that great. Pass defense could be better. The defense forced a punt maybe once all night. Forced a kick once and the kicker who is very good (getting D1 looks) missed a 37 yarder. They played good though and gave it their all. Aaron Davidson is a great QB but he doesn't have the greatest supporting cast. Although not very big Spencer Sheets could be a good receiver. You mentioned something about how you didn't know the CB and S are still playing on D. I know because they have nobody else to put out there. It's slim pickens at Graham.

How about Graham actually coming out in the spread offense.

For their first week in a whole new offense I really liked what I saw.

Defense is the main problem for the G-Men right now.

The secondary needs to take pride in what they do and they need to put in some work at practice this week.

I don't understand though. Graham first starts off in that triple option (Georgia Tech) offense and couldn't get anything going on the ground. They switch to spread and Daylight runs for around 220.

Overall, I think the G-Men will actually get a few W's this season. Once the defense starts playing better then they can really compete

Good to see Graham's offense finally catching up to the century, Maybe a new defensive scheme would go good also, maybe a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5?

I see the coaches putting the players in the right spots but the players need to make plays on both sides of the ball. Also what is Marrs doing running on 3rd and a mile? Same horrible coaching on his behalf, sad that no one can see the real potential of these kids from Graham

Guest old_school

I thought Tazewell had a small chance at beating Graham but sadly, GHS has speed and Tazewell doesn't. :(

Once again the secondary is terrible. One CB cannot tackle nor defend a pass. Run right, throw right and you win against GHS. I have no IDEA why the SAFETY or CB are still playing in ball games on D. Coach Jones must still be BBQing with them on the weekends. He pulled a young man on D for giving up one big play. I think it was the Gearhart (sp) kid. What about the thirty runs and passes that have successfully gone to the right side all night. Not trying to sound like a broken record but MY GOD. Watch the film! Correct the glaring mistakes! FIND OTHER CBs. Everyone was talking pure trash about the secondary for the third game in a row, two players especially. No one will tackle (in the secondary). Hats off to D.J. (Daylight) another good night of hustle and stopping potential plays from the backside. The D end from PHS, Diaz (sp), looked good for about a half then conditioning issues took over. Good to see a decent sized MLB as well.

I honestly think this is the only game GHS can win outside of THS. The secondary blew it!

2-8 is the best case senario for GHS. Maybe things will change. I agree 100% with the lesser opponent statement made earlier. Some good runs (for a change), good blocking and decent QB play. Missed alot of open recievers on reads, but once again hit wideouts in the hands for the most part. Good work AD and DJ. The line still has a ton of work both O and D.

I agree that Diaz looked really good, but started getting those leg cramps...he was harassing the QB all night, then when he went out, we couldn't get any pressure on the QB and he just picked Graham apart and took off running for huge chunks of yardage.....

I'm not going to blame the personnel on defense, I am going to blame whoever coaches the DB's and the secondary......because we have good smart, quick kids back there....they never seem to be in the right place....

How about Graham actually coming out in the spread offense.

For their first week in a whole new offense I really liked what I saw.

Defense is the main problem for the G-Men right now.

The secondary needs to take pride in what they do and they need to put in some work at practice this week.

I don't understand though. Graham first starts off in that triple option (Georgia Tech) offense and couldn't get anything going on the ground. They switch to spread and Daylight runs for around 220.

Overall, I think the G-Men will actually get a few W's this season. Once the defense starts playing better then they can really compete

"Once the defense starts playing better".....

That's not going to happen.....the defense has been giving up unholy amounts of yardage since the beginning of last season....the only way the defense gets better is when we get somebody who can coach the secondary.

I have to disagree, personel is a huge problem. It does start with coaching. The CB and Saftie(s) covered no one. I think possibly three defended passes ON THE YEAR. The corner is not BIG ENOUGH to cover a second grader (its size) and does not tackle well at all. I would put a 220 lb kid out there, he can do no worse (honestly). The Safety(s) were in a cover 2 at times and ran directly to the line of scrimmage on any play, play fake or not. The Safety 43 possibly? Did nothing at all a safety should be doing to this point in the year. POOR ANGLES, RUNNING STRAIGHT UP ON EVERY SNAP, NOT COVERING THE ONLY DEEP MAN ON THE FIELD, ECT. THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE WHO IS BETTER PERIOD! Put Daylight or Davidson at Safety just like David Marrs did in years past. You have to know football to be a safety, period. And as far as the 43 kid having all the supposed speed it just doesn't show. Undersized and underachieving. Give someone else a chance for god sake. They put in number 7 (Hargrove sp?) and he played a hell of a game. First year player, first game started. Someone is waiting, somewhere. It can be literally be no worse. Have you seen the passing statistics and right side run stats? That's your problem right there. 5 is a good WR, one of the best, not tearing him down but he has to feel so out of position. 43 (?)Worst play I have seen from a GHS Safety. Just when I stated YC played well last week, he also literally ran away from the QB who was bearing down on him, waited for him to pass him, then dove at his ankles.

Parents say these kids play because their parents hang out with (parents) or are related to Coach Jones. Just passing it on, its from starters parents not just kids on the bench. Multiple coaches from other area schools agree. Run right or pass right and you move the ball all night.

I just don't see why they film the games if adjustments aren't going to be made. Once again the Gearheart (sp) kid was pulled for ONE MISTAKE. I saw many others get lit up for 21pts on rediculous mistakes. We are talking not within thirty yards of the only wide out on the field mistakes. Bias is running rampant and we all know why. Coach Marrs needs to end this stuff.

Edited by YOTD