Tazewell to get a new field?

Gym

Just heard it on good authority Tazewell is getting a new turf field and a new weight room next year!

it would be nice if whoever is funding this could work with the Rasnick family, since they started the TJ Rasnick memorial soccer field idea..they've been raising money to build a soccer complex for Tazewell in TJ's honor. Maybe they could make the turf accommodate soccer games like Richland's field does and have a nice soccer and football complex in honor of TJ

i don't know the information on this, or even if its true.. but if so that's an idea i would like to suggest

it would be nice if whoever is funding this could work with the Rasnick family, since they started the TJ Rasnick memorial soccer field idea..they've been raising money to build a soccer complex for Tazewell in TJ's honor. Maybe they could make the turf accommodate soccer games like Richland's field does and have a nice soccer and football complex in honor of TJ

i don't know the information on this, or even if its true.. but if so that's an idea i would like to suggest

If they did that, and moved the track someplace else, they could have a nice facility there. If they keep the track they will have to use the minimum size soccer field like Honaker does. And even that will only give you a couple of feet between the sideline and the track.

Guest old_school

There are a lot of changes in store for T-Town next year. Hopefully they will happen. Coach Smith is bringing a different attitude to the team, let's hope the community will back him up and get things going the way he wants.

It is going to be from Jack Harry should have put that last night

Kind of surprising but makes sense

I knew we were getting bids for the new weight facility and that the turf was a project they were working on, glad to see it happening.

Was told by a reliable source our facility was 10 yrs behind richlands and 5 behind graham so we need the improvement.

So, does this put Graham on the chopping block???

I was thinking from post 1 that this was a hint that T-town was closing in the Summer.

I don't know if they will close Tazewell or not, but if this is true about the field and weight room then it's about time!

So, does this put Graham on the chopping block???

I was thinking from post 1 that this was a hint that T-town was closing in the Summer.

You know, I had to sit and think about this for a little while and came to this conclusion...if Graham were to close/combine with Tazewell, I could see lots of kids crossing the border to Bluefield to go to school. All of this will be very interesting...

You know, I had to sit and think about this for a little while and came to this conclusion...if Graham were to close/combine with Tazewell, I could see lots of kids crossing the border to Bluefield to go to school. All of this will be very interesting...

But will WV do what VA did and shut the door on crossing state lines?

But will WV do what VA did and shut the door on crossing state lines?

That's a good question...but obviously, there are ways around it (see former Graham QB who went to Bluefield)...

That's a good question...but obviously, there are ways around it (see former Graham QB who went to Bluefield)...

Not everyone has a father who owns an apartment in WV. Also doesn't Bluefield WV charge tuition to out of state student?

But I agree it could be interesting.

What I heard tonight at the game is that it's Jimmy Ramey wanting to do the field not Jack Harry! Figures he to tight anyway, but back to the field and weight room is that it's waiting to be approved by the school board!

What I heard tonight at the game is that it's Jimmy Ramey wanting to do the field not Jack Harry! Figures he to tight anyway, but back to the field and weight room is that it's waiting to be approved by the school board!

I just hope it gets done. I think it would be great for the kids that play ! Something the kids can be proud of .

Obviously, I'm not in the area, and not in the loop, but would they seriously ever consider closing either Graham or Tazewell? That seems utterly ridiculous. How long would the longest bus rides be to school? One hour? Ninety minutes?

Obviously, I'm not in the area, and not in the loop, but would they seriously ever consider closing either Graham or Tazewell? That seems utterly ridiculous. How long would the longest bus rides be to school? One hour? Ninety minutes?

No, the school board isn't yet seriously considering closing Graham or Tazewell yet, though there has been some thought given to consolidating the county into two high schools. That's still a couple decades off, IMHO.

We've discussed this on the forum before, but the length of bus rides depends on which school remains open. I believe that Tazewell would be the most convenient school to remain open, as Tazewell serves quite a large area. Simply put, it's more efficient for kids from Yards to go to Tazewell than for kids in Amonate to go to Graham. If the school is in Tazewell, the rides would be about an hour for kids on the extremes of Bluefield. If the school was in Graham, I'd guess an hour and 15 minutes for the kids on the extremes of Tazewell.

Of course, no one's gone and "marked it off", so to say, but that's my guess.