Schedules for next year?

Jason

I have it from a semi-reasonably-good authority that Richlands will be picking up LSU, DeMatha, and the 1940 Chicago Bears.

In a related story, Bluefield fans will be unimpressed.

LSU??? DeMatha???

May as well play Hurley and Saint Paul...

As for the 1940 Chicago Bears...Richlands will definitely have the upper hand over those old guys...

Hats off to the Graham fans on here. I have always marveled at the strength of you're schedule and actually envyed it for Richlands. Even though you're teams are not what they were under Carlock you have some good teams on the slate. Year in year out I bet not many teams throughout the state play oponents with better records and football tradition than Graham. And most have you outsized significantly. I know its partly due to you're stadium which is very good for both sides and you're location but it would be easy for you're coaches to ease down but it remains tough. Cudos

Richlands is trying to toughen up our schedule but it will mean big drives for the fans. Nothing is without cost.

Honaker is not dropping Battle. Hubbard and Witten both want this series to continue. Battle is also not picking up Central and Volunteer. I do believe a volunteer and an Elizabethon game is possible in the future though. The only team that Battle needed to replace on next years schedule is Castlewood, and I heard friday night that it'll be replaced with either Radford or J.I. Burton. I'm guessing that it'll probably be Burton though. I believe that Radford may be a little to much of a jump at this point. I've also heard that a potential series with Tazewell or Graham could happen within the next few years. Remember Coach Wittens Grandfather Coached at Burton for 1 season, and at Tazewell for a few years before going to Elizabethon. That family has ties all over NE TN and SW VA. After the next contract, I do expect to see Twin Springs off the schedule to. We just want to build our program up to where we can go anywhere, anytime, and compete with anyone. That is the standard that Coach Witten is trying to set at Battle. We're not even close to that yet, but those kids are working their butts off to get to that level.

Graham won't play anyone from the SWD they dropped Richlands, and Grundy.... I think Tazewell too I'm not sure.

Appalachia and Pound are shut down next year so no one will be playing them.

Graham has not dropped Richlands. They will be playing each other next year. At least that's what I have been hearing. But things can change fast so you never know.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Honaker is not dropping Battle. Hubbard and Witten both want this series to continue. Battle is also not picking up Central and Volunteer. I do believe a volunteer and an Elizabethon game is possible in the future though. The only team that Battle needed to replace on next years schedule is Castlewood, and I heard friday night that it'll be replaced with either Radford or J.I. Burton. I'm guessing that it'll probably be Burton though. I believe that Radford may be a little to much of a jump at this point. I've also heard that a potential series with Tazewell or Graham could happen within the next few years. Remember Coach Wittens Grandfather Coached at Burton for 1 season, and at Tazewell for a few years before going to Elizabethon. That family has ties all over NE TN and SW VA. After the next contract, I do expect to see Twin Springs off the schedule to. We just want to build our program up to where we can go anywhere, anytime, and compete with anyone. That is the standard that Coach Witten is trying to set at Battle. We're not even close to that yet, but those kids are working their butts off to get to that level.

Thats good. There is no excuse with Battle's enrollment why they haven't contended more over the years. They should never have to play Castlewood or Twin Springs anyway. You need to keep Honaker for now. I would avoid NET teams for a few more seasons. There is no point in playing Radford, they are worth just as much as any other D2 team that isn't two hours away and I'm not sure Radford would agree to it. JJK or JIB would be good pickups for Battle.

Thats good. There is no excuse with Battle's enrollment why they haven't contended more over the years. They should never have to play Castlewood or Twin Springs anyway. You need to keep Honaker for now. I would avoid NET teams for a few more seasons. There is no point in playing Radford, they are worth just as much as any other D2 team that isn't two hours away and I'm not sure Radford would agree to it. JJK or JIB would be good pickups for Battle.

From what I hear, Radford called trying to set the game up. I dont believe that it will happen though. Atleast not right now. I agree, playing the JJK's and JIB's of the LPD would be solid additions to the schedule for now but I know that we'll be playing a few NET schools as Witten has strong ties to those schools.