Battle vs Abingdon...lets get it started

battleftbl

If Battle plays up to their potential, and plays turnover free.....The streak will end. If not, it could be a long night. I would almost rather win this game and finish 5-5, as to lose this game and finish 8-2 or 7-3. Thats how much this game will mean to our kids also. They've had Abingdon in their sights for a few weeks now. for the first time in a very long time...the kids actually believe they can win this game....that'll go a long way in itself.

Whats everyones thoughts on the game.

If Battle plays up to their potential, and plays turnover free.....The streak will end. If not, it could be a long night. I would almost rather win this game and finish 5-5, as to lose this game and finish 8-2 or 7-3. Thats how much this game will mean to our kids also. They've had Abingdon in their sights for a few weeks now. for the first time in a very long time...the kids actually believe they can win this game....that'll go a long way in itself.

I'd like to see Battle pull the "upset". That team and that fanbase has been hungry for a long, long time. A big statement game, and Battle has nothing to lose. If they lose, they were expected to: Abingdon has about double their size. If they win, it'll be their biggest win in a decade.

Not bad for a team that less than a decade ago scored 10 points in an entire season.

I'm excited about this game because Washington County has lacked a rival game. PH and Holston lasted but for a short period of time.

I'm afraid AHS will look pass this game. JSB is much improved and when you give young people the power of believing they can win... then you have a dangerous team. Should be a good one.

Sounds like you guys want this real bad!! Can you stop Hess?? Can You score at least 21 points and stop Hess?? Honaker got Va High. Defense wins championships.How good is Battle's D???

believing they can win is a big part.ive not seen abingdon play but from what ive been told they played richlands the best as of now .im gonna go with abingdon by 3 tds .not taking nothing from battle,because they did beat a pretty solid honaker team.

What does both teams have? I know what Abingdon has but what does JSB do? They throw, run, a good mix up, and who to watch for JSB?

AHS:

Spread Offense with either one or two back sets. However, their bust production has been under center in their power I set. They run a lot of underneath drag routes and bubble screens. HESS will put it up, but sometimes under throws the WR. He needs to learn to lay it out for the WR or let him just make the play. Their running game is not bad. Like I said before they run the ball better when they have gone under center.

Their D has been much improved. I love the way their LBs are playing. They have three solid Lbs and are sure tacklers. Number 44 for AHS plays DE/LB and is great pursuing the QB. He's young and athletic but needs to learn to play on every down. If he can do this he will have the game he did last Friday (5 sacks). The weak spot on AHS is not their front seven, but their secondary. A team is able to throw on AHS. Their CB are to far off the ball and with a good QB you can run slants on them all day. The deep middle is a weak spot too. However, most young QBs either can't see the middle or are to afraid to throw there.

Players to watch:

25 (Ben Coleman) for Abingdon is their best RB. He runs north and south and runs hard. Plus he has great hands. I would love to see him get the ball more until Crosswhite Learns to run north and south. He tries to bounce things out and gets killed. Also, their best LB and defensive player.

6 (Caleb Widner) WR CB KR PR. is a great athlete and really strong. He's starting to play with more confidence has great speed.

27 (Kevin Canter) LB is the heart of the defense.

Hess we all know about him.

46 is the new student at AHS. KR PR WR and CB. He has only been practicing for a little over a week. He could be what AHS needs to make the run for the playoffs.

My prediction is that the Falcons will get TROJANIZED.

Falcons wear white

Champions wear Blue

Richlands thumped Abingdon

And John Battle will too!

There's a little poetry for the aTrain!!!!!!!!

Thats classic. I'm sure the Abingdon faithful will enjoy your poetry to.

Hopefully the Trojans are ready to step up to the plate. Huge game Friday night. A win over Abingdon will be big playoff points for Battle.

Abingdon will win by 4 tds. Honaker was in no way ready to play that game vs JB. Abingdon will be ready to play. Abingdon has played a much tougher schedule. Wait and see. Battle has to be one of the worse 4-1 teams in the region.

Seen both teams. We played battle tougher than we did abingdon. Think abingdon is better, but Ph made abingdon look bttr than they really are. Battle tho, plays so much better when their fired up (seen that in the 2nd half friday), so I think Battle gets this one. It won't be a blow out like some think, but Battle wins in a tight one.

Ps: Some of you falcon fans just need to shut up! Nobody likes you

Seen both teams. We played battle tougher than we did abingdon. Think abingdon is better, but Ph made abingdon look bttr than they really are. Battle tho, plays so much better when their fired up (seen that in the 2nd half friday), so I think Battle gets this one. It won't be a blow out like some think, but Battle wins in a tight one.

Ps: Some of you falcon fans just need to shut up! Nobody likes you

Whatever face! You must have had one too many sips of granny's hard stuff the other night. Listen face, that stuff must be really, really good. Maybe you should invite me over when you are having some. Did you ever stop to think that PH played Battle tougher because Abingdon is that much better? Just a thought.

Whatever face! You must have had one too many sips of granny's hard stuff the other night. Listen face, that stuff must be really, really good. Maybe you should invite me over when you are having some. Did you ever stop to think that PH played Battle tougher because Abingdon is that much better? Just a thought.

Dont bring your falcon mouth on here and call me out. I hate Abingdon and will never pick you. I now hate Battle just as much. I don't give a rats a$$ who wins this freaking game. Leave me out of your post falconfan1, stay on the topic!

either that or he takes a keyboarding class and is sneaking on the net during school hours.

Nah, I was using my phone. I guess that you all will have something to say about that! Don't be upset that my friends and I are capable of using technology! Face, don't be upset that I called you out...can I get you a little more whine with that cheese?

I was worried (still am a little) about this game since Denton and possibly Booher won't be playing, but after seeing a lot of the others step up last week (and pretty much all season) I'm pretty confident. As long as our mind is in the right place and we stay pumped, we can win this one.

Atown will for sure dominate this game . Kickoff is as close as the score will ever be.

I agree.....just tell all of the players that about a million times a piece this week. I'm sure they'd love to hear about it. Same ole John Battle, same ole blow out win for the falcons....Tell em all...........see you Friday night.

I am cheering for AHS. However, those stats scare me the most. "When was the last time JSB beat AHS?" It's like being a pitcher and would you rather face a guy on a 10 game hitting streak or a guy on a 10 game non-hitting streak. Give me the guy with a 10 game hitting streak. He's due for an out. Only things those stats matter is in video games. New coaches and new players and high school sports have too many variables. However, I believe AHS will win this game (31-13). I just heavily believe in any given day you can lose... that's why we play the game.

As much as JSB has improved I just feel like AHS has too many weapons for JSB to stop. Abingdon D is no longer soft furry little bunnies they use to be. Richland will hate to admit it but AHS held them fairly well. Special teams and turnovers killed AHS in that game. You can't have those mistakes against a good team like Richland. You take away a muffed punt and a fumble recovery that was housed before the half. You are looking at a possible 10-10 game at halftime. However, Richland was going to pull away at some point.