Gate City at Bluefield,WV

LegendatLegion

I also think the blocked punt was in the punters head all night. The two short punts were a factor.

The QB was pretty rattled too...I bet he'll be sore tomorrow...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluefield played very well on defense tonight, but I expected more from Gate City.

Bluefield still needs to improve on their passing game. Levi played somewhat better tonight but we are gonna run into teams that will be able to defend Woodrum, and underthrown balls will not work.

Still a bunch of work to be done on the offensive side for the Beavs.

Guess you were wrong. Maybe next week. We won and he never played QB. He is good but he must wait his turn. He will be great in time. That said, Levi passed well and our one dimensional team really did well. ALL THREE BACKS AND LEVI. DJ also played a good game.

Beckett threw some floaters out there tonight...thank God for a 6'6" receiver being guarded by a 5'8" corner...and most of his passing yardage was earned on RAC (run after catch) on short throws...

Bluefield played very well on defense tonight, but I expected more from Gate City.

I don't think Gate City expected to be "punched in the mouth" like that tonight...got a feeling they thought they'd be doing the "punching"...

I'm not from Gate City......Just all to familar with them.....and have alot of respect for that program. I have no doubt that it'll be a great game tonight.

We respect them and I guarantee they respect us now! Obviously they have played (2) good teams and lost both. SHUTOUTS!

We respect them and I guarantee they respect us now! Obviously they have played (2) good teams and lost both. SHUTOUTS!

No need to get cocky, as Bluefield is just two weeks removed from the slaughtering they endured in Charlotte. Comments like this don't help matters along the lines of people seeing Bluefield as the classy club they are. Take the win with class, sir. No one knows who lost the game more than Gate City does.

Bluefield needs to improve, and this win tonight is nothing more than something to look at and build on.

No need to get cocky, as Bluefield is just two weeks removed from the slaughtering they endured in Charlotte. Comments like this don't help matters along the lines of people seeing Bluefield as the classy club they are. Take the win with class, sir. No one knows who lost the game more than Gate City does.

Bluefield needs to improve, and this win tonight is nothing more than something to look at and build on.

Nice reminder. It is winning with class that makes Beaver a hard to dislike.

I agree. This was a quote aimed at something said at the game. I shouldnt have brought it on here. You are right about the class we have. I dont want to ruin that.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
Guess you were wrong. Maybe next week. We won and he never played QB. He is good but he must wait his turn. He will be great in time. That said, Levi passed well and our one dimensional team really did well. ALL THREE BACKS AND LEVI. DJ also played a good game.

Sorry that I overestimated GC. Or underestimated our defense!

We still are one dimensional. With the ability to throw the ball we would have put up a crazy amount of points.

You can go ahead and be happy and criticize me, but people who can step back and see what Bluefield needs to do to win a state championship will tell you, they need to spread the field vertically and beat people over the top.

Our offense clicked more than ever with Edwards spreading the ball around across the field. High school defenses do not expect and have a hard time defending a two dimensional team.

There is no reason why Levi can not be in the backfield with Edwards and we can have a dual threat. No reason.

Levi is probably our best running threat and a great leader, but in the words of Dirty Harry, "A man has to know his limitations." In no way am I discrediting Levi, but Bluefield has to improve on offense at some point, and we need to pass.

Bottom line is Gate City couldn't block all night long. It wasn't anything to do with the Beaver D-line but we just weren't getting a hat on a hat. Also, after moving the ball pretty well the first couple of drives GC's play calling changed. GC went away from what was working and went to off-tackle runs all night with nothing to change it up. Bad play calling. Strange thing is that Bluefield only ran about 4 plays on offense all night and GC never adjusted defensively to those plays. Credit Bluefield that they stuck with what was working but GC never made a single adjustment to correct the problem. With one simple adjustment Bluefield's offense could have been slowed some. However, Congrats Bluefield and Good Luck the rest of the way! Gate City will be just fine, this will be a good growing experience and GC will only come out of it as an improved team in the future.

Not anything to do with the defensive line? Bullcrap!

That probably came across wrong. All credit to the Beavers, but GC did not block at all. You all are definitely a good team with a good D but Gate City did not fire off the ball hardly at all tonight. It was strange but as I have said Congrats!

I am glad we were not playing Richlands tonight! RHS could have named the score with the way we played tonight. This was the worst I have seen GC play since 2005 and was very lucky to only lose by 21. It looked to me like our Offense just gave up after going down by 7. Our D played good but just got wore down. Bluefield is a good team and did exactly what good teams do. They won. Our offensive play calling finally showed up in the last few minutes of the game. That was our best play calling all night but way too late to make a difference. We were just plain out coached and out played tonight.

Good Luck Beavers! Go win State!

Sorry that I overestimated GC. Or underestimated our defense!

We still are one dimensional. With the ability to throw the ball we would have put up a crazy amount of points.

You can go ahead and be happy and criticize me, but people who can step back and see what Bluefield needs to do to win a state championship will tell you, they need to spread the field vertically and beat people over the top.

Our offense clicked more than ever with Edwards spreading the ball around across the field. High school defenses do not expect and have a hard time defending a two dimensional team.

There is no reason why Levi can not be in the backfield with Edwards and we can have a dual threat. No reason.

Levi is probably our best running threat and a great leader, but in the words of Dirty Harry, "A man has to know his limitations." In no way am I discrediting Levi, but Bluefield has to improve on offense at some point, and we need to pass.

I am very happy!! I would think 95% of the Beaver nation would be. While I do agree that we would put up a crazy amount of points, I'll still take 21-0 over any team. We still have some work to do on offense but as far as the State Championship comment is concerned, I will only direct you to 2009. Not a tremendous amount of passing but a whole lot of running and special teams. I have stepped back, you might want to do the same. This is a team game!!

You can always critic a coaching staff for what they are or are not doing. However, in the case of the Bluefield Beavers I think the coaching staff has proven they're capable of making the adjustments necessary when the games count most. There isn't a better coaching staff in this region or the state of WV than the guys running Beaver Nation.

That probably came across wrong. All credit to the Beavers, but GC did not block at all. You all are definitely a good team with a good D but Gate City did not fire off the ball hardly at all tonight. It was strange but as I have said Congrats!

That's the difference between having speed and not having speed...GC fired off the ball OK, the problem was Bluefield's DL was already by them...

I am glad we were not playing Richlands tonight! RHS could have named the score with the way we played tonight. This was the worst I have seen GC play since 2005

But, but earlier in the week when you thought you all were going to just roll into Bluefield and walk out with a win, you all said you were a much better team now than you were when you played Richlands...what changed????

bhs7695 asked me at the game what excuse you all would have...well, there it is...

Maybe it was the opponent that caused you to look that bad...