Rivalry week

Big Orange 1

Can we dub this week as Rivalry Week in SWVA ?

John Battle - Abingdon (The pride of Washington Co. at stake.)

Tazewell - Richlands (Tazewells "bowl game", if you will.)

Clintwood - Powell Valley (LPD legendary programs fight for the LPD)

St. Paul - Castlewood (Good ole fashion, just dont like each other and only a couple of miles apart)

There must be others. What does everybody think about these and the others I failed to mention?

Hoanker and Twin Valley.... Honaker is the everybody loves to hate game...

Richlands hates Honaker,

Twin Valley hates Honaker,

Council hates Honaker,

Haysi hates Honaker,

Hurley hates Honaker,

Lebanon hates Honaker,

Castlewood hates Honaker

heck... even Honaker hates Honaker....

we like honaker up here at exit 7. Great atmosphere, great games, great gates. They just have a bunch of hardnosed kids that play hard for 4 quarters. Nothing fancy, just hardnosed football. We have atleast 2 more seasons of playing them. I'm Hoping that the series continues long after that.

Richlands hates Honaker,

Council hates Honaker,

Haysi hates Honaker,

Hurley hates Honaker,

Lebanon hates Honaker,

Castlewood hates Honaker

I can only speak for myself here, but I don't think Richlands hates Honaker. Our communities actually get a long pretty well. We want to beat them because they are on the schedule. But I don't think they are hated like some other teams we play. I'm sure there are some from Richlands that may hate them but I don't think so as a whole.

Any other Blues fans have an opinion here because I may be in the minority here ?

I can only speak for myself here, but I don't think Richlands hates Honaker. Our communities actually get a long pretty well. We want to beat them because they are on the schedule. But I don't think they are hated like some other teams we play. I'm sure there are some from Richlands that may hate them but I don't think so as a whole.

Any other Blues fans have an opinion here because I may be in the minority here ?

I agree don't think most hate Honaker. Everyone has always thought of it as a rivarly but I don't see it myself.

In the 70's Va High and Gate City was as big as it got in SWVA. The VA High - Tenn High used to be huge too. The games were alot more competitive, it was always the last game of the year. Bon fires, snake dances on State Street, freezing cold temps, now its just an annual butt kickin.

Richlands hates Honaker,

Council hates Honaker,

Haysi hates Honaker,

Hurley hates Honaker,

Lebanon hates Honaker,

Castlewood hates Honaker

we feel the love down here .and i think everybody on here loves abingdon.

Edited by litltiger

Richlands hates Honaker,

Council hates Honaker,

Haysi hates Honaker,

Hurley hates Honaker,

Lebanon hates Honaker,

Castlewood hates Honaker

I am form Richlands and don't hate Honaker I have a lot of friends and family down that way, and usually go and watch a lot of Honakers Basketball and Baseball games.

I am form Richlands and don't hate Honaker I have a lot of friends and family down that way, and usually go and watch a lot of Honakers Basketball and Baseball games.

In retrospect that does make alot of sense.... Richlands and Honaker are very similiar very egotistical... not very in touch with reality... think that the County revolves around them.... I've played against, and beaten both Richlands and Honaker in varying sports.... nothing sweeter than putting that reality check in for them...

Don't quote me I may be wrong, but I think that collar popping originated from Richlands.... anyone know for sure?

In retrospect that does make alot of sense.... Richlands and Honaker are very similiar very egotistical... not very in touch with reality... think that the County revolves around them.... I've played against, and beaten both Richlands and Honaker in varying sports.... nothing sweeter than putting that reality check in for them...

Yeah, I'm sure nothing makes you feel better than the thought of bringing others down to your level......

You and 52 should see if they offer a volume discount at a self-esteem building seminar........

Edited by parsons

Don't quote me I may be wrong, but I think that collar popping originated from Richlands.... anyone know for sure?

Why do you get on here and try to stir the pot?? Its pointless. Richlands does not hate Honaker. Ive never once heard anyone from here say they hate Honaker.

I wouldn't say Hurley "hated" Honaker. I would say it is one of the (for lack of a better word) "friendliest" of the district rivalries.

Hurley dislikes Haysi more than Honaker. Colley is arrogant and it rubs off on his players. Honaker and Hurley were at E&H football camp and they discussed there dislike for Haysi. LOL

If you think a reality check is losing a game in a high school sport then you have a lot to learn. When you grow up and figure this out come back and will talk. And one other thing no know one around hear thinks the County revolves around them.

Hurley dislikes Haysi more than Honaker. Colley is arrogant and it rubs off on his players. Honaker and Hurley were at E&H football camp and they discussed there dislike for Haysi. LOL

Yeah i was at that camp...some idiots kept pulling the fire alarms at night and got everyone in trouble so they made us run..the honaker guys were smart because half of them left lmao wish i woulda went with 'em..that was rough haha

Yeah i was at that camp...some idiots kept pulling the fire alarms at night and got everyone in trouble so they made us run..the honaker guys were smart because half of them left lmao wish i woulda went with 'em..that was rough haha

yea i remember some of the guys talkin about that.wasted time .