Pulled this from VA Preps by a poster:

VirginiaPreps.com AA Top Ten, Week Six

1.Harrisonburg (5-0) | Next: @ Fort Defiance

2.Powhatan (4-0) | Next: vs Greensville

3.Christiansburg (5-0) | Next: vs Pulaski County

4.Broad Run (5-1) | Next: vs Dominion

5.Richlands (5-0) | Next: vs Marion

6.Salem (5-0) | Next: @ Cave Spring

7.Brookville (6-0) | Next: @ Heritage (Lynchburg)

8.Northside (5-1) | Next: @ Alleghany

9.Liberty (Bealeton) (5-0) | Next: vs Warren County

10.Louisa County (5-0) | Next: @ Orange County

Maxpreps

1. Brookville (Lynchburg, VA)

2. Liberty (Bealeton, VA)

3. Salem (VA)

4. Christiansburg (VA)

5. Liberty (Bedford, VA)

6. Richlands (VA)

7. Briar Woods (Ashburn, VA)

8. Broad Run (Ashburn, VA)

9. Bruton (Williamsburg, VA)

10.Northside (Roanoke, VA)

Pulled this from VA Preps by a poster:

VirginiaPreps.com AA Top Ten, Week Six

1.Harrisonburg (5-0) | Next: @ Fort Defiance

2.Powhatan (4-0) | Next: vs Greensville

3.Christiansburg (5-0) | Next: vs Pulaski County

4.Broad Run (5-1) | Next: vs Dominion

5.Richlands (5-0) | Next: vs Marion

6.Salem (5-0) | Next: @ Cave Spring

7.Brookville (6-0) | Next: @ Heritage (Lynchburg)

8.Northside (5-1) | Next: @ Alleghany

9.Liberty (Bealeton) (5-0) | Next: vs Warren County

10.Louisa County (5-0) | Next: @ Orange County

Maxpreps

1. Brookville (Lynchburg, VA)

2. Liberty (Bealeton, VA)

3. Salem (VA)

4. Christiansburg (VA)

5. Liberty (Bedford, VA)

6. Richlands (VA)

7. Briar Woods (Ashburn, VA)

8. Broad Run (Ashburn, VA)

9. Bruton (Williamsburg, VA)

10.Northside (Roanoke, VA)

I'd say that Richlands should be around 5th to 7th in the poles. I can see why they would have Cburg ahead of us with them being a D4 school and who they have played against who we have played so far. I could also see Salem and Brookville ahead of us too because of the schedule they have played.

Now before I get jumped on by my fellow Blues fans, I don't mean that I think they are better then us, just that if I was on the out side looking in and had a vote, that's what I would do too. If you look at who we have beaten and who they have beaten then anybody that has not seen Richlands play and just looks at the schedule you could see why they would vote that way. I personally think that when Richlands is healthy and eliminates the penalties and play they way they have been, then they can beat anybody !

I think RICHLANDS could hang with and possibly beat any of these teams. salem should have lost 2 or three games already. cave springs could have beat northside. fleming almost beat salem . northside had them beat. pulaski beat fleming .pulaski lost to radford. gretna beat radford. I said earlier this season that richlands couldn't hang with them . but I really think they could beat any team around. ANY GIVEN FRIDAY EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY.

I think Richlands could beat any of them also ! This is a very good team. Anybody that has seen them play knows that.

But I think the writers that vote in these poles don't see them play and all they look at is if they won, what the score was, and who they played. That's what I'm saying. All of us Blues fans and a lot of other fans that have seen them know how good they can be. Most of the writers only know what they read in the paper the next morning.

The Top 10 Virginia football teams in the Group AA and A prep poll as selected by sports writers and broadcasters from around the state and distributed by The Associated Press, with first-place votes in parentheses, total points received based on a 10-through-1 voting system and previous week’s rank:

Group AA

Record Pts Prv

1. Brookville (4) 6-0 77 5

2. Salem 5-0 76 T3

3. Richlands (3) 5-0 73 T3

4. Christiansburg (2) 5-0 64 8

5. Powhatan 4-0 59 7

6. Harrisonburg (1) 5-0 53 9

7. Sherando 5-0 48 6

8. Broad Run 5-1 33 1

9. Liberty-Bedford 5-1 24 2

10. Liberty-Fauquier 5-0 13 NR

Others receiving votes: Bruton 9, Northside 9, Magna Vista 5, Briar Woods 3, Louisa 3, Grundy 1.

Anyone seen the new points rating grundy 22.8 richlands 22.4 and they did not make the top 10 there must not. Be to many writers out of this area voting lol

Grundy would lose to any team currently in the top 10 by at least 4tds

Wow I know that it really burns Richlands to be hated on like that....don't worry you will be able to to prove it soon

I don't think you understand how the points system works........Richlands wasn't "hated on".

Wow I know that it really burns Richlands to be hated on like that....don't worry you will be able to to prove it soon

I don't think they hated on us at all. I think we got a lot of respect considering we are on this side of Roanoke. They usually don't give the teams on the west side of Roanoke as much respect as in other parts of Virginia.

To be rated 3rd in AA in the entire state is pretty good. Besides, the ratings ( sports writers & broadcasters poll ) really are just for community pride more then anything. They have no bearing on the playoffs at all, and like you said, we will have a chance to prove how we stack up with these other teams.

Grundy seems like they can be a pretty dangerous team to me. They have a good line, a very good RB who has the ability to break off a big run at anytime and they can throw the ball if and when they need to.

I know a lot of people talk about who they have played, but I hear the same things about Richlands from the people up in the Roanoke area, and I think most around here know that the blues are pretty good.

I just wonder how the Grundy D will hold up against some of the bigger teams they will face when they play a CC, Richlands, and Abingdon, plus the teams they will face in the playoffs.

Not saying they can't Lance, just have not heard much about their D. How about filling us in on that for those of us that haven't seen them play yet.

Grundy had a good defense especially rushing the QB they were after Marshall just about every time he went back to pass the one weakness I seen was when Marion ran the sweep around the ends they got good yardage on just about every run

Grundy seems like they can be a pretty dangerous team to me. They have a good line, a very good RB who has the ability to break off a big run at anytime and they can throw the ball if and when they need to.

I know a lot of people talk about who they have played, but I hear the same things about Richlands from the people up in the Roanoke area, and I think most around here know that the blues are pretty good.

I just wonder how the Grundy D will hold up against some of the bigger teams they will face when they play a CC, Richlands, and Abingdon, plus the teams they will face in the playoffs.

Not saying they can't Lance, just have not heard much about their D. How about filling us in on that for those of us that haven't seen them play yet.

the D had 9 sacks against Marion...they wore big #60 out all night...they have a good D this year and thats the key...just hope everyone stays healthy. Coach Compton is a pretty smart guy when it comes to running the defense...Marion was getting some yards on sweeps...didn't take long for Grundy to adjust and shut it down.

Nadoball: "Grundy will not come within 30-40 points of the Blues".

I will still honor my statement before the season.

like i said, we will find out soon enough.

If Grundy wants any respect they will have to earn it, and that's the way it should be...that comes one game at a time...I will tell you though, this group of kids has a lot of heart and a lot of talent and a lot of experience....they wont quit.

Heart only takes you so far, but they have a little more behind it this year than they usually do.

I wouldnt say you shut the sweep down at any point in the game but they made some adjustments they just pressured the QB all night

they shut it down...you guys were not getting 4 yards on the sweep after Grundy made the adjustments...before that you were getting 20+ a pop. That was a good gut check for the Grundy defense...there were on the field a long time in the 2nd half. Marion never quit either...you guys scored with about 8 min left in the game and kept getting after it...wasn't able to get it in the endzone again, but you didn't roll over...made it an exciting 4th Q to watch instead of the usual clock rolling.

Marion has a very young team we only have 6 seniors and not many juniors at the skill positions the 2 RB are sophmores and 1 is a junior this was the best Grundy team Marion has played since the marcum brothers played very classy also I talked to one of your coaches on his way up to the press box at halftime I didnt catch his name but he was a class act super nice guy

Marion has a very young team we only have 6 seniors and not many juniors at the skill positions the 2 RB are sophmores and 1 is a junior this was the best Grundy team Marion has played since the marcum brothers played very classy also I talked to one of your coaches on his way up to the press box at halftime I didnt catch his name but he was a class act super nice guy

the thing i liked about this trip to Marion, I saw the fans getting in to the game...it was like the old days. I went to a Marion vs. CC game a couple of years ago and it was a close game and most of the Marion fans got up and left after the 3rd Q? I was sitting with some other Grundy folks and said "I guess they play 4 and watch 3 over here"...this time you had the kids in the end zone when the team ran on the field, lots of people with face paint...stuff like that...just something I have not seen a lot of at Marion in the past, or a lot of schools around here for that matter. You guys have a good team, and I know the loss of the Johnson kid hurt...you would be different team with him still around. To have lost as many key players as you did to graduation, you guys still put a good team on the field...you have some wins in store down the road for sure.