Home Game Procedures ????

the_truth

Just interested to know what various schools in the area do after school on nights when they have home footballs games. Do the kids go home and eat and then report back? Do boosters feed the kids a pre game meal? Whats the norm in the area?

Just interested to know what various schools in the area do after school on nights when they have home footballs games. Do the kids go home and eat and then report back? Do boosters feed the kids a pre game meal? Whats the norm in the area?

Our kids meet in the field house after school and either A) Go to a restaurant together and eat, or B) have a meal catered to them from O'Charley's. They're also fed after practice on Thursday night by the booster club. The school district for us is so spread out, that its much easier to keep them at school than to let them go home and come back. It also makes it easier on the parents for the kids who're not old enough to drive.

At Haysi all the kids leave school and go to subway or Pizza Plus usually. Most bring their food back to the fieldhouse and eat together. My JR year for home games we would eat and watch The Replacements

Theres not a ton of community spirit at Haysi(at keast its not shown), sad but true

Guest old_school

Tazewell gets a big meal on Thursday nights, sponsored by different a business every week. On Friday's they are feed pregame meals by local restaurants either in the cafeteria or fieldhouse.

The meals on Thursdays....are the bomb!

GW is fed by the parents at the school, or at least to my knowledge they are. This is the way it is done for basketball too.

Same at Marion, they usually have some steak from the grill, potatoes...etc... or they'll mix up a batch of chile. Team eats together in the cafeteria.

This is off subject but related at the same time. One year(maybe my Jr year) a church in clintwood hosted a dinner on a thursday night (the night before thje Jamboree with Clintwood Ervinton Haysi and Pound). Clintwood Haysi and Ervinton(all of the DC schools) attended, there was good food, and a speaker(cant remember his name but he was a local guy who had a superbowl ring with the Steelers). The speaker spoke on sportsmanship and enjoying the game, he talked alot about how much playing meant to him. It was really neat to just sit down and enjoy a meal with everyone and reflect on how we werent enemies but represenatives of our schools and of the county.

At graham we have a pregame meal thursday night that some parents do! then on gameday we all go to the cafe and eat a homemade meal of meat potatoes greenbeans and a bunch of other stuff... The ladies that make the food do an amazing job!

This is off subject but related at the same time. One year(maybe my Jr year) a church in clintwood hosted a dinner on a thursday night (the night before thje Jamboree with Clintwood Ervinton Haysi and Pound). Clintwood Haysi and Ervinton(all of the DC schools) attended, there was good food, and a speaker(cant remember his name but he was a local guy who had a superbowl ring with the Steelers). The speaker spoke on sportsmanship and enjoying the game, he talked alot about how much playing meant to him. It was really neat to just sit down and enjoy a meal with everyone and reflect on how we werent enemies but represenatives of our schools and of the county.

Maybe Tom Beasley from Gate City? He has a SB ring from his time with the Steelers I do believe.

at abingdon we go to a different church every thursday for a meal and a little sermon, on gamedays we eat a meal provided by parents or by a local restaurant right after school

i tell ye right now ,that sermon deal is something we all need more of.i like that.

Heath Miller?? TE for Pitt. Came from UVA and Honaker.