Virginia Tech vs. NC State

vthokies4life

I have no idea what to expect. Anyone else have thoughts on the game?

I like NC State. VT still doesn't convince me, especially on offense, while NC State's playing some quality football under Tom O'Brien. Russell Wilson is far and away the best QB in the ACC, and I like him against an inexperienced pass defense.

NC State-27

VT-17

I like NC State. VT still doesn't convince me, especially on offense, while NC State's playing some quality football under Tom O'Brien. Russell Wilson is far and away the best QB in the ACC, and I like him against an inexperienced pass defense.

NC State-27

VT-17

(Searching for a way to say you're going to be wrong.)

I am scared about this game a little but I think the Hokies pull this one out. I think their Defense finally clicks in this game. NC State is going to throw an interception on the final drive.

Hokies-38

NC State-30

how does the defense finally click when you have them allowing 30?

Maybe he meant offense finally clicks, because the defense pitched a shutout last week...

Yea I meant offense

Wolfpack 31 Hokies 13 NC State is playing good ball now and O'Brian will have them ready

That's a little steep, but still have the right number in the "W" column. I've been looking through stuff all day, and I just don't see how we win this game. It's crazy that we're to this point.

That's a little steep, but still have the right number in the "W" column. I've been looking through stuff all day, and I just don't see how we win this game. It's crazy that we're to this point.

You're going to need your pass defense to be fully prepared. I think you can force Wilson into INTs if you vary the coverage and do some pro-style blitzes. Zone might be a good option.

I think you have to hold them below 20 to win, though. Stinespring.

Man what a game. We really need to improve on our first quarter. How many 1st quarter points have we given up this season? I loved the playcall when we scored the 4th td to take the lead where they lined the TE Smith up in the left tackle spot, lined the LT up in the slot on the line, and had the two WRs on the left off the line so he could still be eligable. Fooled everyone. Showed a little mental toughness today. We need to improve on our passing game, and our pass defense if we stand a chance to win our side of the ACC.

shooo i thought nc state had that just because of the 1st quarter.

Tech's first quarter is absolutely terrible in every game.

If it wasn't for the first quarters being bad they woulda beat boise, and probably wouldn't have lost to jmu

Posted 8/30/10 at 2:38pm by Bluefield_Rules talking about the decision not to red-shirt David Wilson: http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18980&highlight=david+wilson

Excellent decision. He's going to make a play this year to either win a game or turn the momentum in Tech's favor...

The opening second half kickoff swung the momentum in Tech's favor for the first time in the game.

Huge, HUGE win for Virginia Tech. A win on the road against a tough opponent after struggling to open the season is HUGE for momentum.

I'm still not convinced that VT can beat Miami, not by a long shot. And that's the game they're going to have to win to get back to the ACC Championship. UNC at Chapel Hill might pose similar problems. Against equally-talented teams, VT's going to have to fix this "starting slow" bug. They barely survived it yesterday (that last TD was purely running the score up, TBQH). They won't survive it every time.

I'm still not convinced that VT can beat Miami, not by a long shot. And that's the game they're going to have to win to get back to the ACC Championship. UNC at Chapel Hill might pose similar problems. Against equally-talented teams, VT's going to have to fix this "starting slow" bug. They barely survived it yesterday (that last TD was purely running the score up, TBQH). They won't survive it every time.

Your exactly right. And I believe the UNC game is a trap game. Its inbetween the Thursday night game against GT and then Miami. Im afraid of the letdown factor with where the UNC game is.

From a Miami fan, believe me...Miami can be beat. Miami is good, but when they're off (and by "they" I mean Jacory Harris and Travis Benjamin), it's terrible. When Harris is on, Miami is a great team; but when he's bad, he's REALLY bad. Tack on Travis Benjamin not knowing where he is half the time and anyone can beat Miami if they play decently well (just ask Ohio State). It took a Clemson playing horribly for Miami to pull that one out.

No one said that Tech is going to go undefeated from here. This win kept us from imploding. There was one point where Evans got stuffed on a 3rd and 1. Apparently he went to the sidelines, was screaming, throwing things, etc. That's not Evans-esque. If we lose to NC State, Virginia Tech doesn't recover.

And quit with the running up the score stuff, Observer. You're better than that.