VA AA Region Points?

Guest rhsfanandstudent

tazewell was the #1 seed in 08

Correct. Richlands escaped Tazewell with a 28-27 OT win to earn the Region Title.

yet somehow they ran off the coach soon after...lol.

the Va High rip off was in '04 and Richlands beat Grundy in week 3 or 5...Grundy went 9-1 that year after that...so they were near the top then, but since they played Richlands early in the year I doubt they were ahead in points...it's probably still posted here in the old threads but i'm too lazy to look it up...lol.

Seems like Grundy stayed around the 4th seed that year for the most part.

Last year, Grundy started 4-0, but so did Cave Spring. Looking at the scheds, it looks like CS would have had the lead. I don't do ratings until Oct., and neither does the VHSL, so by the time we did the 1st ones, Marion had done us in.

In '04, Richlands beat us in game 3, BUT the Blues were in Div. 4 back them, and Grundy finished with the #1 seed in Div. 3.

So, the answer is Nov., 2004.

If I am not mistaken you are incorrect on this one, I think Tazewell got as close as 28-21 before Gretna pulled away in the second half. Anyone from Tazewell that can verify?

Yes it was a close game till late in the 3rd quarter, turnovers kept Tazewell in the game for the first two and half quarters! Then Vic Hall took over!

I do believe that's him.

That was Rob Sensensey, he is in North Carolina now. He coached the first two state champions, with Chris Thurman coaching the second two. Thurman is now at VA High.

That was Rob Sensensey, he is in North Carolina now. He coached the first two state champions, with Chris Thurman coaching the second two. Thurman is now at VA High.

There you go, it shows when you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't post.....LOL !

I didn't realize that he wasn't the coach then, I guess I just assumed that since I knew he had won a couple of state's with Gretna.

Thanks for the info !