VA AA Region Points?

Guest rhsfanandstudent

Guest rhsfanandstudent

They out already, if so where can I find them? Or we still waiting? If waiting, when they come out?

I may be figuring it wrong but didn't Grundy pickup 2 points each from East Ridge and Hurley and 20 for the win aganist Marion and 6 points for marions 3 wins, + the 84 they all ready had gives the 114 22.80 rating. The Blues had 88 to start the night 20 for the win and only got 2 points each form Honaker and abingdon gives the 112 22.40 rating. I may be wrong still trying to get the point thing down.

I may be figuring it wrong but didn't Grundy pickup 2 points each from East Ridge and Hurley and 20 for the win aganist Marion and 6 points for marions 3 wins, + the 84 they all ready had gives the 114 22.80 rating. The Blues had 88 to start the night 20 for the win and only got 2 points each form Honaker and abingdon gives the 112 22.40 rating. I may be wrong still trying to get the point thing down.

hmm...if that is true i wonder when the last time Richlands wasn't on top?

short memory? Last Nov... Cave got the #1 seed 27.3 to 27.1.

Question is, when was the last time Grundy was on top?

Got a theater date later, so I prob. won't be able to do any digging until Monday.

But, yeah, I have 114 to 112, w/ 107 for Cave.

And the new numbers might be delayed a bit this week since each Group had a game ppd. to Monday night due to the weather out near the coast.

I wonder how the writers poll will shape up ...

#1 lost

#2 lost to #5

one #3 had to rally to beat a winless AAA team.

the other #3 beat a winless AA team BAD.

It's POSSIBLLE the new #1 RANKED team will only be 4th in their Region in the ratings.

Got a theater date later, so I prob. won't be able to do any digging until Monday.

And the new numbers might be delayed a bit this week since each Group had a game ppd. to Monday night due to the weather out near the coast.

yeah...wasn't sure when it was...i know they have stayed at or near the top for a long time. Grundy...not so much...lol.

I think it's a great thing for the Grundy kids though if it happens, hard times just a couple of years ago.

Last time for Grundy? Wouldn't be '05, would it? The VA High year?

Or better yet, the year that R4D3 had its worst representative ever? (Tazewell)

the Va High rip off was in '04 and Richlands beat Grundy in week 3 or 5...Grundy went 9-1 that year after that...so they were near the top then, but since they played Richlands early in the year I doubt they were ahead in points...it's probably still posted here in the old threads but i'm too lazy to look it up...lol.

Seems like Grundy stayed around the 4th seed that year for the most part.

I am not sure about Tazewell being the worst representative ever. I remember a Graham team in 98 that got smoked at Rustburg, and Richlands got smoked at Brookville a couple of years ago also. At least Tazewell was respectable.

I am not sure about Tazewell being the worst representative ever. I remember a Graham team in 98 that got smoked at Rustburg, and Richlands got smoked at Brookville a couple of years ago also. At least Tazewell was respectable.

Tazzy was 04, same year as the Va High rip off....Grundy had beaten both Tazewell and Va High pretty easy in the last couple of weeks before the playoffs started....then the Va High sham 6-0 OT loss...Va High sucked bad that year and got beat by Tazewell the next week...they ran in to the Flying Circus a couple of weeks later and that was it...Grundy had a great D that year, would have been nice to see what they could have done with Gretna...but, we will never know now. Might not have been able to stop Vic Hall, but I would have liked to at least had the chance.

Grundy also upset Graham in 02 to win the Region and got spanked by Liberty Bedford the next week...coldest game I've ever been to in my life.

Tazewell was respectable in that game against Gretna because Gretna played their backups for the entire 2nd half. Gretna had some ludicrous score at halftime, something like 42-0 or 49-7, something where the outcome was never in doubt, and they let up on the gas. The final was 50-something to 20-something, but the game was nowhere near as close as that final.

Graham in '98 is a good contender for runner-up, though. Lebanon's last year in AA, wasn't it? I was only about 12 at that time, but I remember how shocked and happy I was that Graham advanced. Graham couldn't get that offense going at all, but at least Graham held Rustburg mostly in check in the first 2.5 quarters.

Grundy also upset Graham in 02 to win the Region and got spanked by Liberty Bedford the next week...coldest game I've ever been to in my life.

That was a situation in which I thought Graham would've put up a better fight against Liberty-Bedford. Not saying that Grundy didn't earn the trip, they surely did. I just thought Graham matched up much better against them. And that weekend was FRIGID!!!

Richlands had 3 regular season losses that year but still made it to the state semi's. (2008)

Brookville was a machine.....3 D1 recruits on that team....Logan Thomas 6'5", VT....Zack McCray 6"4" VT....Devin Bolling 6'5" Wake Forest..... D1-AA recruit, Stacey Houston, RB, 5'9", Davidson

However, Brookville (13-1) did not win state that year....James Monroe (13-1) won in a 50-46 shootout.

Tazewell was respectable in that game against Gretna because Gretna played their backups for the entire 2nd half. Gretna had some ludicrous score at halftime, something like 42-0 or 49-7, something where the outcome was never in doubt, and they let up on the gas. The final was 50-something to 20-something, but the game was nowhere near as close as that final.

Graham in '98 is a good contender for runner-up, though. Lebanon's last year in AA, wasn't it? I was only about 12 at that time, but I remember how shocked and happy I was that Graham advanced. Graham couldn't get that offense going at all, but at least Graham held Rustburg mostly in check in the first 2.5 quarters.

If I am not mistaken you are incorrect on this one, I think Tazewell got as close as 28-21 before Gretna pulled away in the second half. Anyone from Tazewell that can verify?

yeah...wasn't sure when it was...i know they have stayed at or near the top for a long time. Grundy...not so much...lol.

I think it's a great thing for the Grundy kids though if it happens, hard times just a couple of years ago.

tazewell was the #1 seed in 08

...coldest game I've ever been to in my life.

The coldest game Ive ever been to was one of the years we went to Magna Vista. OMG. It was already below freezing and the wind was terrible. I would pour some hot chocolate and the whole cup would be cold within minutes.