Tazewell Coach

ronpop

Just curious, Did Terry Smith coach at Abingdon and was he the coach that

Abingdon fired???....If so, why???...I think he will be a good coach for Tazewell, but my mom was wanting to know...she had heard that at the Richlands game on Friday.

Abingdon fired???....If so, why???...I think he will be a good coach for Tazewell, but my mom was wanting to know...she had heard that at the Richlands game on Friday.

I know he coached at VA High. Dont know what happened but was pretty well run off from there.

My opinion coach terry smith is one of the best in the game in my opinion within the next 3-4 years in my opinion the dogs will be atop the SWD or atleast competing for it. If he is left alone and allowed to coach and do his job the future of the bulldogs is very very bright.

I think Coach Smith's dad coached at Abingdon and I believe Tazewell's Coach Smith is an Abingdon alumni.

Life has many choices---eternity two

I think Coach Smith's dad coached at Abingdon and I believe Tazewell's Coach Smith is an Abingdon alumni.

Life has many choices---eternity two

im not really sure but i think his dad also coached at honaker yrs ago.if his name is larry smith?some of the your parents or grandparents lol ,may kno the answer to that one .actually terrys dad may have coached honakers coach doug hubbard.

Edited by fridaynightfun

My opinion coach terry smith is one of the best in the game in my opinion within the next 3-4 years in my opinion the dogs will be atop the SWD or atleast competing for it. If he is left alone and allowed to coach and do his job the future of the bulldogs is very very bright.

Wait...is this your opinion? :p

i can guarentee no coach in the swd is out working coach smith at this point..the record doesnt show but it will in the future..he def. puts in the hours

I will agree with that. I haven't talked with any players but I know some parents and other people on the inside. I don't think there has been a coach working as hard as he is doing at Tazewell in years.

People have to realize that this man came into the football coaching job at Tazewell High School with three weeks into the summer. This only gave him a few weeks before starting two-a-days.

His commitment will show within the next few years, for the Dawgs will be a force in the SWD.

I will agree with that. I haven't talked with any players but I know some parents and other people on the inside. I don't think there has been a coach working as hard as he is doing at Tazewell in years.

bless his little heart...

What do you mean change things? Tazewell went to 5 of the last six playoffs after going 1-19 the two previous years. He will win a couple of games and be GOD then lose a couple and be a dumba** and it will be off with his head.

What do you mean change things? Tazewell went to 5 of the last six playoffs after going 1-19 the two previous years. He will win a couple of games and be GOD then lose a couple and be a dumba** and it will be off with his head.

1-19?? I dont think Tazewell went 0-10 since 1997 or 1998 i think.. somewhere around there..

but it was 4-16 (3-7 '02 and 1-9 '03) then the playoff runs..

Change things in the mentality of the program we go 0-10 then 1-9, 3-7 then have a good year or two then it slumps again we need to have a solid program every year are you from Tazewell you don't know...we need to get things going from little league up

Thanks for the info...I didnt think he had ever coached at Abingdon...I hope the

Tazewell fans and community will give him a chance...he came in with little time and

you can't expect anyone to turn a team around that quick

Thanks for the info...I didnt think he had ever coached at Abingdon...I hope the

Tazewell fans and community will give him a chance...he came in with little time and

you can't expect anyone to turn a team around that quick

The record may not show it, but he has turned the team already and each week. I'm not saying that we will win every game from now out, but every week there is improvement. The work ethic of the players is harder for him than it ever was under the previous few coaches.

I remember when he coached at Virginia High....I seem to remember the V High folks practically ran him off...

Edited by futbolking