Bluefield-Richlands from today's BDT...

GMan

I would also love to see this game happen ( Bluefield ) but I think what Mance is trying to do right now is play more teams from up the interstate. That's the teams we will see in the regional and state level. He wants to strengthen the schedule with as many VA teams as possible, ( as evidenced by adding Patric Co and Pulaski Co ) but it's hard to get the teams from the blacksburg and Roanoke area to want to travel all this way to play when they have no reason too. They have all the competition they need within a 30 to 50 mile radius.

That's why I think that the Bluefield game will happen in the near future.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When exactly did Patrick County become a strong opponent? Yeah, they've had some good years recently against mostly a weak schedule. What has happened when they faced stiffer competition? Princeton would provide just as much, if not more, competition than Patrick County.

Princeton would provide just as much, if not more, competition than Patrick County.

Agreed...Patrick Co. in their best years is no better than a middle of the pack SWD school...

I have to say it is crazy Richlands and Bluefield dont play EVERY year. Both are excellent teams year after year and the travel is not bad at all between the two. Mance is crazy for wanting to schedule VA teams only with a very competitive Bluefield a lot less miles away then Patrick or Pulaski. Bluefield would count the same on points as Pulaski or Patrick. I dont think the scheduling only VA teams excuse is a good excuse at all.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
I think what Mance is trying to do right now is play more teams from up the interstate. That's the teams we will see in the regional and state level. He wants to strengthen the schedule with as many VA teams as possible, ( as evidenced by adding Patric Co and Pulaski Co )

Last time I checked Pulaski was not in the same division as Richlands? Am I wrong here? How will you see them at the regional level?

Patrick County has already been mentioned.

Face it, Richlands and Bluefield will benefit from playing each other, if a team is good and playing them will help you... play them. Who gives a darn what state they are in.

Bluefield wants the game, and knows good competition leads to state titles. Why doesn't Richlands want the game???

Bluefield wants the game, and knows good competition leads to state titles. Why doesn't Richlands want the game???

You want the truth??? You, well Richlands fans can't handle the truth...Mance is scared his Naders will go home with an L...

Guest StoneyCalhoun
The real deal this year!!

I would hold off on that statement. Bluefield still has some issues, that we even saw in this game.

I would hold off on that statement. Bluefield still has some issues, that we even saw in this game.

Don't forget that five of the first seven teams that Bluefield will have played after William Fleming next week, will have one win between them.

Don't forget that five of the first seven teams that Bluefield will have played after William Fleming next week, will have one win between them.

Gate City, Princeton, and Oak Hill all won tonight, earning Bluefield much needed bonus points...

WF lost 30-7 tonight...and with Salem losing 34-6 to Cave Spring, maybe last weeks score between WF/Salem wasn't all that much of a surprise...

Gate City, Princeton, and Oak Hill all won tonight, earning Bluefield much needed bonus points...

WF lost 30-7 tonight...and with Salem losing 34-6 to Cave Spring, maybe last weeks score between WF/Salem wasn't all that much of a surprise...

Ah! Hadn't seen those scores yet! My mind has been elsewhere tonight.

The real deal this year!!

This would be a great game, but I have to say that Richlands is far and away the best team I have seen this season.....they've gathered some great recruits (jk)

It would be a great matchup year in and year out....I think Simon would welcome the challenge, heck, he even said so in the newspaper.

With respect to Salem (which I know isn't welcomed here), they did have at least six starters out tonight with either the flu or food poisoning.

The article from the paper with simon came out thursday. i was told today from an individual from richlands it was announced at the richlands game friday that they signed a four year deal with bluefield.

The article from the paper with simon came out thursday. i was told today from an individual from richlands it was announced at the richlands game friday that they signed a four year deal with bluefield.

Not doubting what you were told, but don't you think if this was the case we would have heard about it being announced last night before now?

It was not announced at the game friday that it was true. This was talked about on the radio after the game was over, and they said it wasnt true. The secdule was talked about and Bluefield was not on it.

Not doubting what you were told, but don't you think if this was the case we would have heard about it being announced last night before now?

I was AT the Richlands and Marion game and heard nothing of the sort.

Who "signs deals" anyway at the high school level? They just call the A.D. and add it to the schedule....

All great agruements but like rumors get the facts straight swvaoutdoors the points system in va has bluefield as single a points pulaski and patrick are aa points that's the reason. Now if the blues played princton that would be aa points. And we all know down here in richlands if the game is played in bluefield and the beavvers have to win to make the playoffs they will.

All great agruements but like rumors get the facts straight swvaoutdoors the points system in va has bluefield as single a points pulaski and patrick are aa points that's the reason. Now if the blues played princton that would be aa points. And we all know down here in richlands if the game is played in bluefield and the beavvers have to win to make the playoffs they will.

What An IDIOT!!!

You want the truth??? You, well Richlands fans can't handle the truth...Mance is scared his Naders will go home with an L...

Given that Richlands gains next to nothing by beating Beaver, I'm not sure what difference that argument makes.

Richlands just isn't that into you, Bluefield. Sorry that this is causing so much damage to your collective psyche.

Given that Richlands gains next to nothing by beating Beaver, I'm not sure what difference that argument makes.

Richlands just isn't that into you, Bluefield. Sorry that this is causing so much damage to your collective psyche.

And another one!!