hurley@pound

romeo37

It should be a really good game. We will know what kind of chance Hurley stands in the district after this game (Pound wouldnt stay within 3 TDs of Haysi or Honaker)

30+ point blowout... what kind of chances do you foresee now?

30+ point blowout... what kind of chances do you foresee now?

Figured Hurley would take this game. Congrats to the Rebels . I heard the running back of Pound,Balthis was injured ,any word on what happened?

The same as I figured at the begining of the season and the same as I figured thursday, a three way race for the BDD title. I still think Honaker and Haysi are the favorites with Hurley being 3rd, but the rebels are right in the mix. Dont be fooled by Haysi's record, if the tiger offense gets rolling its hard to stop, the problem has been cosistency. Honaker and Hurleys games against Haysi will most likley be high scoring. I cant wait!

The same as I figured at the begining of the season and the same as I figured thursday, a three way race for the BDD title. I still think Honaker and Haysi are the favorites with Hurley being 3rd, but the rebels are right in the mix. Dont be fooled by Haysi's record, if the tiger offense gets rolling its hard to stop, the problem has been cosistency. Honaker and Hurleys games against Haysi will most likley be high scoring. I cant wait!

Honaker wins the BDD. in my opinion. Haysi will play well but not enough to beat the Orange Tigers

man for man i dont think red can the players to match up with oranger, but at the same time I dont think orange can cover red. It will be an interesting game as always, I think Hurley will playhard and be in both games but just lack the firepower to keep up. I am glad to see the Rebels beat up on LB tho!

Figured Hurley would take this game. Congrats to the Rebels . I heard the running back of Pound,Balthis was injured ,any word on what happened?

He just got shook up....he was back the next play.

I hope the Rebels are playing inspired for the Rebel Diner RIP

I'd like to see Hurley beat Haysi and Honaker.

Colley is good at what he does, different formations to get the same play using motion and stuff. I don't agree with his running up the score when he can or his hey lets throw 8 TD's to the same player vs 0-10 teams to get him District Player of the Year. But with what he has he's done well to win the games he has this year. I think if he was the head coach of Dick. Co with Clintwood's athletes and Ervinton's 1 or 2 scat backs they'd be legit.......

Always this talk of running the score up, ive never seen(or cant remember) a Haysi teams starting offense going over 50 on an opponent, the second team maybe but not the starters!

I guess when a team is up they should slow down and keep the lead to 14 points? Because anything more than that is running the score up? If Haysi is burning an opponent by throwing to him maybe just maybe the opposing Defense should double that player? Ive seen Haysi do it against good WRs, are other teams capeable of making the same adjustments? Haysi has had quite a few district Player of the Year awards but dont the Coaches vote on stuff like that? They didnt seem to have a problem with Haysi giving the best players the ball!

Maybe coach should have said "please Mr. Robbins stop giving Thomas the ball. He will be in the NFL some day and he is just too good for us to stop". Or how about "Mr. Hubbard would you be so kind as to sit Heath on the bench, we cant stop him, he is so big and so fast we dont know what to do"?

would points be the tie breaker if all 3 were to tie for the district?

I agree with red, the boys from the other side of prater will win it. Don't let haysi's record fool ya

I dont think you can ever take Haysi out of the equation simply because of Coach Colley.

I do think there down quite a bit from what they where last year though and Hurley's offense is more balanced run / pass than last year. 3 backs this year that can tear it up and they force you to respect the pass because they can. Reed,Sammy,Rawlings are all solid and I think Austin is the best QB in the district hands down. I do feel Waynick is way under used the kid is 6"7 and change just put it up there and let him go get it.

If there ever was a time for Hurley to beat them it's now..Good luck Rebels.

I dont think you can ever take Haysi out of the equation simply because of Coach Colley.

I do think there down quite a bit from what they where last year though and Hurley's offense is more balanced run / pass than last year. 3 backs this year that can tear it up and they force you to respect the pass because they can. Reed,Sammy,Rawlings are all solid and I think Austin is the best QB in the district hands down. I do feel Waynick is way under used the kid is 6"7 and change just put it up there and let him go get it.

If there ever was a time for Hurley to beat them it's now..Good luck Rebels.

I agree with you on most of the things you said. I think Hurley is more balanced this year. I think they have to utilize their other receivers more. Everyone in the stadium knows they are gonna try to run the fade to waynick. Austin had done a good job of finding other receivers thus far. Haysi is really not down from last year. the only thing they lost is Fleming. Blair is not that far behind him. the kid can run and throw. I smell a good one cooking up at sandlick.

Haysi is not really down from last year, they dont have the high level players(Whitt, Fleming) but are more solid at all positions. They really miss those two on defense, Whitt was a run stuffer and Fleming was a playmaker. Injuries have been a bit of an issue so far and has prevented the team from being at full strength with the exception of a few games.

Cooper is a good QB, I dont know about best but he is solid. The best I have seen play at Hurley

"I do feel Waynick is way under used the kid is 6"7 and change just put it up there and let him go get it" From watching him I just dont think he is a WR, he doesent have WR skills. Hes a tall kid but seems to be playing out of position, I honestly would put him at TE and only split him out occasionally. I know last year I wasnt impressed, he was a good player but didnt know how to use his body. He was running routes, not beating the defensive back and there is a big difference between the two. Being tall doesent make a good reciever, the best WR I have ever seen (in regards to purely catching the ball) is Dakota Stanley and he is '5"9. Hes not a dominant WR physically but can really catch the ball.

Haysi is not really down from last year, they dont have the high level players(Whitt, Fleming) but are more solid at all positions. They really miss those two on defense, Whitt was a run stuffer and Fleming was a playmaker. Injuries have been a bit of an issue so far and has prevented the team from being at full strength with the exception of a few games.

Cooper is a good QB, I dont know about best but he is solid. The best I have seen play at Hurley

"I do feel Waynick is way under used the kid is 6"7 and change just put it up there and let him go get it" From watching him I just dont think he is a WR, he doesent have WR skills. Hes a tall kid but seems to be playing out of position, I honestly would put him at TE and only split him out occasionally. I know last year I wasnt impressed, he was a good player but didnt know how to use his body. He was running routes, not beating the defensive back and there is a big difference between the two. Being tall doesent make a good reciever, the best WR I have ever seen (in regards to purely catching the ball) is Dakota Stanley and he is '5"9. Hes not a dominant WR physically but can really catch the ball.

and you're from Haysi and you're go to receiver is "Dakota Stanley" for "best ever" CMON MAN.... shooot Kory Bostic and Blake Owens man shoot I'll take a a Jake or Rob Colley

Stanley all state proves that Divisional play has watered down the competition there's no way he could hang with the old schoolers

Are the all state teams chosen by Divisions? I thought it was just A, AA, AAA.

In terms of "purely catching the ball" yes! He is an ok athlete, Kory Bostic was a little before my time (didnt move to Haysi until 98), I did play with Blake and he was a great athlete, also played with Jake and Rob they too were GREAT athletes but Dakotas hands are top notch. None of those guys can CATCH any better than Dakota(probably not as good), run past and over him, definately.

Waynick is probably a better athlete, hes obviously more imposing on the field, but he cant catch like Dakota and more importantly he cant set up defenders like Dakota. Theres more to being a good player than being athlete. Theres the skill and mental components, and not everyone has those (not talking about the other Haysi guys) tools to use, Dakots does. Hes also really quick!

As far as my "go to" reciever, it would be Jake. He was rediculious, if we would have had someone to play QB Jake would have been a dominant reciever, 1st team all state w/o a doubt.

Edited by redtiger

last week at pound Cooper threw to a total of 5 or 6 different recivers ..with 2 touchdowns on just like 12 or 13 attempts so i mean that shows Waynick is not all they throw too he may be the #1 target but Cooper is getting to where he is spreding the ball around the team , so must be able to cover more than just one reciver against Hurley from now on!!