Real Class Act!

Bulldogs52

You know if players get in a fight on the field is one thing but when the head coach charges out onto the field and puts his hands upon a kid and starts slinging them around is another.... Grundy you may have won the the game, but you won with out class.... And Lance the comment that you have saved in your sig by my good buddy Nadoball, you might as well go ahead and take that off there! If Grundy defense can allow 28 points and over 200 rushing yards by a weak Tazewell team, then Grundy stands NO chance!

Edited by Bulldogs52

I will echo that. It was a good game for the final one in a long series up until the final play. Really not fond of the field goal attempt either.

I thought Grundy could give Richlands a fit but after tonight I don't think there will be any chance at all

I will echo that. It was a good game for the final one in a long series up until the final play. Really not fond of the field goal attempt either.

I thought Grundy could give Richlands a fit but after tonight I don't think there will be any chance at all

Grundy was cocky all night! I thought the same as well about them against Richlands, but if they couldn't stop us, they sure the hell are not going to stop Richlands!

When Grundy played Graham, they were rushing to the line to try and score with just seconds left in the 4th, even though they were wining by 21 points, and the coaches were screaming to hurry up, I have already seen the "CLASS" that you speak about,

Richlands will beat Grundy by 35 points or more, easily...

When Grundy played Graham, they were rushing to the line to try and score with just seconds left in the 4th, even though they were wining by 21 points, and the coaches were screaming to hurry up, I have already seen the "CLASS" that you speak about,

Same thing here tonight as well! They have some good runners, I won't take that away from them, but when you make a big play or a touchdown, you don't get up in the other teams face and flex your muscles or signal the first down.... I have rooted for these guys all year from Grundy, they been down the past few years, I know what they have gone through, I went through them as well at Tazewell... But they ruined that tonight!

Edited by Bulldogs52

Same thing here tonight as well! They have some good runners, I won't take that away from them, but when you make a big play or a touchdown, you don't get up in the other teams face and flex your muscles or signal the first down.... I have rooted for these guys all year from Grundy, they been down the past few years, I know what they have gone through, I went through them as well at Tazewell... But that ruined that tonight!

Dont know how many time I saw that as well. Would have thought several unsportsman fouls should have been called. For that matter there were a lot of no calls and I will say that for both sides as well. I saw things we got away with as well.

Bergelow has talent for sure and so does Rife and Justus. I wish them the best but learn to win with respect and class.

Did Grundy REALLY get called for roughing the kicker when they BLOCKED the kick, which allowed Tazewell to get a 1st down and retain possesion?

The Tazewell radio guys were in disbelief over that... or did they miss something?

-----

If Grundy wants to give their kicker a chance to try a FG, what's wrong with that? I don't think he had an attempt earlier, did he?

And why did Tazewell call a timeout instead of letting him go ahead and try and beat the :25 clock?

Grundy was cocky all night! I thought the same as well about them against Richlands, but if they couldn't stop us, they sure the hell are not going to stop Richlands!

It's called losing! It doesn't matter what you think, they won the game. Who cares about Richlands? I bet you guys didn't mind beating up on Grundy the last few years and now they beat you and you want to complain. GROW UP! The Falcons have dominated you guys in about every sport. Richlands has beat the h### out of everybody, so find something else to get after Grundy about. My dad knows their coaches and he said they were good guys. Tazewell is a joke in about every sport so learn to deal with it! :mad:

I was on the sideline with Grundy all night...I saw what was going on.

The refs were pretty good for the most part until that blocked punt that they called the penalty on...no way that should have been called....Tanner Marshall not only blocked that but he blocked it with authority...he got both hands on it and the ball went backwards behind the kicker, but Grundy was flagged 15 yards and Tazewell got a first down...at a time when it could have swung the game ...instead of Grundy getting the ball on about the 8 yard line and first and goal it was Tazewell first and 10 from about the 25...they even marked it off from the spot of the foul and not the line which is where is should have been marked from if that was the call they had to make.

Then Grundy's kicker got nailed on a dirty hit on an extra point...no flag. Then Cody Justice got horse collar tackled right in front of me, ref looking right at it...no flag....this went on all night...there were some that went tazewell's way as well...point is the refs let things get out of hand...that is the problem to begin with.

Then that last FG was a bit of a middle finger, but it was mostly meant for the refs...or at least thats what I think, sounds funny but i heard what was being said to and from the refs...and I think they wanted to let the kicker get a shot at that type of situation in a game atmosphere as well...probably doesn't make it any better though from the Tazewell point of view...but trust me that is more of what you were looking at. If Grundy wanted to run the score up just to run it up they could have stuck another one in the end zone pretty easy from where they were at.

The fight...what I saw was a Tazewell kid and a Grundy kid going at it about the 40 yard line...then everyone else just started going at it...the coaches from both sides looked to me like they were just trying to get their own kids under control...i did see a Tazewell coach grab one of the Grundy kids, but they were just trying to split it up before it got to be a bigger problem.

I also saw the #12 kid going on and on down the field after one of the Grundy coaches...then one of the Tazewell coaches finally got him under control...luckily the Grundy coach kept his cool and didn't floor the kid...but the way the kid was acting he was really pushing it...the coach handled it well I thought.

end of the day it was just a big mess with a bunch of people on the field....not much else.

Tazewell fans were taunting the Grundy kids and saying stuff like "Richlands next week and you get your asses kicked" and all sorts of colorfull things...so, don't get on here and act like the virgins on prom night...you guys were mixing it up over there as well...not much class in that either.

I don't think you can blame on side any more than the other...to me it's pretty much just a wash...if you are from Tazewell you probably thing Grundy has no class...if you are from Grundy you probably think the same about Tazewell...that is just the way it is...I try to stay in the middle, obvioulsy I am a Grundy fan, but I try to be honest...and that's just the way I saw it....you may or may not agree.

I'm kinda glad we don't have to put up with much more Dog **** after this year. This has been going on for AT LEAST 20 years... I can remember one of our buses looking all banged up after it came back from a Tazewell baseball game back when I was at the Sr. High.

Can't wait for those b'ball games!

I'm kinda glad we don't have to put up with much more Dog **** after this year. This has been going on for AT LEAST 20 years... I can remember one of our buses looking all banged up after it came back from a Tazewell baseball game back when I was at the Sr. High.

Can't wait for those b'ball games!

Could same the same from you guys, coming home from a football game in Grundy and someone chops a tree down in the road on Halloween weekend!

Yeah and I watched Graham beat them at Mitchell Stadium something like 56-6 a few years ago. Quit whining. Let them have their licks they sure deserve them.

I dont see where you Tazwell guy's making these post makes you any Pillar of the community either.

You got beat by a better team shake it off move on if some of the kids took it or made it personal it's football if a kid dont play with a chip on his shoulder somethings wrong.

My kid played against Tazwell from middle school on through 10th grade and at the middle school level I had to walk the kids to the locker room and bus so dont tell me about class go get ya some so you'll know what it is..Sounds like you got what you gave and couldnt handle it. As far as Rowe trying to score I remember you guys never worried how much you hung on Grundy I only wish Rowe had blowed the bulbs out on the visitor's side.

Edited by gridironguru

The refs were pretty good for the most part until that blocked punt that they called the penalty on...no way that should have been called....Tanner Marshall not only blocked that but he blocked it with authority...he got both hands on it and the ball went backwards behind the kicker, but Grundy was flagged 15 yards and Tazewell got a first down...at a time when it could have swung the game ...instead of Grundy getting the ball on about the 8 yard line and first and goal it was Tazewell first and 10 from about the 25...they even marked it off from the spot of the foul and not the line which is where is should have been marked from if that was the call they had to make.

Then Grundy's kicker got nailed on a dirty hit on an extra point...no flag. Then Cody Justice got horse collar tackled right in front of me, ref looking right at it...no flag....this went on all night...there were some that went tazewell's way as well...point is the refs let things get out of hand...that is the problem to begin with.

Then that last FG was a bit of a middle finger, but it was mostly meant for the refs...or at least thats what I think, sounds funny but i heard what was being said to and from the refs...and I think they wanted to let the kicker get a shot at that type of situation in a game atmosphere as well...probably doesn't make it any better though from the Tazewell point of view...but trust me that is more of what you were looking at. If Grundy wanted to run the score up just to run it up they could have stuck another one in the end zone pretty easy from where they were at.

The fight...what I saw was a Tazewell kid and a Grundy kid going at it about the 40 yard line...then everyone else just started going at it...the coaches from both sides looked to me like they were just trying to get their own kids under control...i did see a Tazewell coach grab one of the Grundy kids, but they were just trying to split it up before it got to be a bigger problem.

I also saw the #12 kid going on and on down the field after one of the Grundy coaches...then one of the Tazewell coaches finally got him under control...luckily the Grundy coach kept his cool and didn't floor the kid...but the way the kid was acting he was really pushing it...the coach handled it well I thought.

end of the day it was just a big mess with a bunch of people on the field....not much else.

Tazewell fans were taunting the Grundy kids and saying stuff like "Richlands next week and you get your asses kicked" and all sorts of colorfull things...so, don't get on here and act like the virgins on prom night...you guys were mixing it up over there as well...not much class in that either.

I don't think you can blame on side any more than the other...to me it's pretty much just a wash...if you are from Tazewell you probably thing Grundy has no class...if you are from Grundy you probably think the same about Tazewell...that is just the way it is...I try to stay in the middle, obvioulsy I am a Grundy fan, but I try to be honest...and that's just the way I saw it....you may or may not agree.

Lance I will agree with you on the refs letting things get out of hand. I don't understand the roughing the kicker penalty as well, would love to hear the logic in that one. As I said I think there was a lot of no calls both ways. It's like the refs didn't care what was going on.

I thought the coaches did a good job of preventing a huge brawl. I know our players were very heated and mad and a lot of things were said.

I understand the situation you describe with the field goal and I agree we should not have called time out as well. But at the same time if you are already a down team it's like rubbing salt in the wound.

It was a good pretty clean game up until that point...

Sounds like some 0-10 whining to me

Check your info we finished at 1-9

We know we had a down season and we wish things had been better this year but facts are facts. We lost to a lot of really good teams this year and I don't feel bad about the losses.

I hate that we lost to Grundy for the simple fact of I think we had a chance but Grundy is good and they deserved the win. I don;t take anything away from them on their win at all. I just hate to see a 55 yr rivalry end that way, it looks bad for both schools

The punt was blocked but the call was that a 2nd man can not charge the punter for no reason. After the block a kid came in and hit the punter...that was the call. and as far as the fight the grundy coach came out and got in tazewell kids face saying they would never be anything. he hit #67 and #10 and another Tazewell player stuck him in the jaw for it. And the coach got in #12's face which is why he went after him. a grown man does not need to be doing stuff like that. if he would ''floored'' the kid it woulda got real bad. Grundys coach should not be allowed to behave like that. The Tazewell coaches did not touch any Grungy kids. It was the other way around. This is not Grundys first brawl but it is Tazewells. that should hint who started the whole thing. Other than all that. It was a good game.

The punt was blocked but the call was that a 2nd man can not charge the punter for no reason. After the block a kid came in and hit the punter...that was the call. and as far as the fight the grundy coach came out and got in tazewell kids face saying they would never be anything. he hit #67 and #10 and another Tazewell player stuck him in the jaw for it. And the coach got in #12's face which is why he went after him. a grown man does not need to be doing stuff like that. if he would ''floored'' the kid it woulda got real bad. Grundys coach should not be allowed to behave like that. The Tazewell coaches did not touch any Grungy kids. It was the other way around. This is not Grundys first brawl but it is Tazewells. that should hint who started the whole thing. Other than all that. It was a good game.

Lets see. Punt blocked. Then the punter is no longer a punter, he becomes a regular player. So you are saying that if grundy picks the ball up and starts running, the punter is the only man between them and the goal, they can not hit or block him. That is the most stupid reason I have heard.

Lets see. Punt blocked. Then the punter is no longer a punter, he becomes a regular player. So you are saying that if grundy picks the ball up and starts running, the punter is the only man between them and the goal, they can not hit or block him. That is the most stupid reason I have heard.

the refs reasoning was that once it is blocked a man coming in for no reason and hitting him is not allowed

the refs reasoning was that once it is blocked a man coming in for no reason and hitting him is not allowed

How can anyone be hit for no reason on a football field unless the whistle has blown? As a player you are coached to play until the whistle blows. If it was a legal hit, meaning not a hit to the head or a block in the back, etc., this call was blatantly wrong. The punter is fair game if the punt is blocked. As soon as the ball is blocked, he is just like every other player on the field.

Edited by blueinbama

ok i see.so this is a bunch of bull in the first place ?

I wasn't there, but I don't take anything at face value unless it is stated by a source I trust. If Lance or someone credible validates it, that's all the proof I need. But this "blow" whatever dude is not your best source...trust me. He might be right, but I won't just take his word for it.