Playoffs.......

Nadoball

I wouldnt mind seeing them all (D1-D6) at a single venue over a weekend. D1-D3 on saturday D4-D6 on sunday, it would be an awesome weekend! I hope to go watch the A state games this year(if I can get off work and I dont have finals that week)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the State Championship game played at?

I've never been to one and would love to make it to one.

AA games are at Lynchburg. (Blacksburg hosted last year while Liberty U's stadium was being renovated. The new home stands are pretty nice looking.)

Not certain about Group A. Salem Civic Center doesn't include the games on their web site.

I wouldnt mind seeing them all (D1-D6) at a single venue over a weekend. D1-D3 on saturday D4-D6 on sunday, it would be an awesome weekend!

yeah...something like that would be great...

Will grundy get a home playoff game? I would love to see that again. And it is going to be really bloody cold friday night, mid 40's for highs, upper 20's for lows and maybe a wee bit of snow too. so cause of the cold and work, ill have to miss the richlands game, but come hell of buttloads of snow, ill go to home playoff game. lol

Will grundy get a home playoff game? I would love to see that again. And it is going to be really bloody cold friday night, mid 40's for highs, upper 20's for lows and maybe a wee bit of snow too. so cause of the cold and work, ill have to miss the richlands game, but come hell of buttloads of snow, ill go to home playoff game. lol

Yeah...probably play Graham or Tunstall at home...I still think Tunstall.

Then it's probably on the road to Cave Spring.

Yeah...probably play Graham or Tunstall at home...I still think Tunstall.

Wouldn't 3 play 6, then 3 at 1, if so Grundy would probably be at Richlands for the playoffs.

Wouldn't 3 play 6, then 3 at 1, if so Grundy would probably be at Richlands for the playoffs.

from what I understand, could be wrong, but Richlands will get the lowest remaining seed at #1 in the second round...so:

#1 and #2 off week 1

#3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5

if the higher seeds both win you get:

#1 plays #4 and #2 plays #3

if the higher seeds win agin you get #1 vs. #2

If they do it any other way, you punish the higher seeded team by playing a tougher game...on paper.

The only way Richlands and Grundy would play again would be if both make it to the Region Finals....or at least that's the way I understand it....that's why I was saying in the other thread I wonder who Mance would rather see at #2...not that it matters and I'm sure Richlands probably thinks it's headed to state already and all this is just a formality/warm up.

Like I said before I don't think Mance cares which game he gets Cave. Nobody has Richlands playing in State yet we all think they have a good shot thats it.

pretty sure you know thats BS lol. You can't really say it on here, I know...but, most of the Richlands fans think it....maybe a few don't, and the players probably don't...but overall I'd say most people are thinking it.

I think we all see how the Blues are playing and there is no reason to think they don't have a shot at State. I think we expect them to end up there but we all will have to wait and see, alot of really good football awaits the Blues. I think we can compete with anyone we will face, I will put it that way.

pretty sure you know thats BS lol. You can't really say it on here, I know...but, most of the Richlands fans think it....maybe a few don't, and the players probably don't...but overall I'd say most people are thinking it.

Coach Mance and the team take it one game at a time and right now the focus is Grundy...

that's because it's not at the civic center ... it's in the stadium.

they don't list the baseball games, either,

The Civic Center encompasses the entire campus -- not just the auditorium.

And actually, after looking there just a moment ago, it is a listed event on the Civic Center web site. I probably missed it when I looked previously.

Which will be by far the best lighting you have shot under. It's not the cleanest (heavy green cast) but if you can get your white balance right you can get some nice stuff.

I dont think most people in Richlands are thinking about the State title game. Most are talking about the Grundy game this week and after that the Regonal playoffs at least that is how it sounded at the Stadium fri. night. The only title anyone talked about was going to Grundy and winning the SWD outright.

they should just play them all at VA Tech in one day...would be awesome to see all the games at one shot.

I agree completely.

Like on the NCAA College Football games the State Championship games are played at that states main college.

I don't think I explained that well soooo.....

Examples.

Bluefield vs Wayne (Morgantown, WV)

Richlands vs Brookville (Blacksburg, VA)

I'm sure playing it at those fields would be a big money maker!

I agree completely.

Like on the NCAA College Football games the State Championship games are played at that states main college.

Examples.

Brookville vs Richlands would be a semi final game not state.

I agree completely.

Examples.

I don't mind this idea, but at the same time, I think that State Championship games should be played in the most "central" location that is possible. Whether that is Charleston, WV or somewhere a little more east of Roanoke, VA, it provides everyone around their respective states a fair opportunity to attend a game. I know for a fact that many more Bluefield fans would make the trip to the state championship game if it wasn't in Wheeling every year. And I doubt as many Richlands fans would make the trip to even Richmond in comparison to Lynchburg if the VA Championships were played a little more towards the east coast.

Take West Virginia, for example. Bluefield's last three state championships have come against James Monroe and Wayne. All three schools are considered to be located in Southern West Virginia. All three schools made the 4+ hour trip to as north as you can go in WV. In addition to travel distance, I think there is just something neat about playing in the state capital too. It's the STATE championship, so to me, it does make sense that the recognition of the best football teams in the state be hosted at Laidley Field.

Edited by hokie07

Hey all you Richlands fans. You shouldn't have any problem aginst Cave Spring. saw them play last week aginst Christiansburg. Woodrum likes the short passing game and it takes them awhile to score. you should be able to stop the running game mostly up the middle. Michael Cole is about the only player the have on D. He is fast to the outside .Can understand why Tech wants him.he is good on punt returns and kickoff .If you stop both of them you got them beat.put a heavy pass rush on Woodrum it will make him make to throw int's or slip and fall .they play 7 games on field turf so keep your grass taller this will slow him down . he slipped alot times trying tokeep from getting sacked .GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!

Coach Mance and the team take it one game at a time and right now the focus is Grundy...

thats why I said the team probably doesn't look down the road too far...but the fans are, if i was a Richlands fan I know that's what I would be thinking based on what they have done so far this year...you would have to think they are good at least to state semis.

they play 7 games on field turf so keep your grass taller this will slow him down . he slipped alot times trying tokeep from getting sacked .GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!

Richlands has field turf.