11/19 updates

VHSLhelper

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the richlands /cave game who is the teams from the other region they may have to play not thinking ahead or anything!!

The winner of Liberty-Bedford vs Brookville.

Now, Martinsville were pure classless. First off, after the National Anthem, it is perfectly clear. Observe a moment of silence for the troops as the colors exit the field. As soon as the NA was over, they started playing their fight song. And the team didnt even come out. There was quite a bit of extra activity all night. But correct me if Im wrong. If a player takes his helmet off in the field of play, is it not an auto-ejection Their #11 took his helmet off after the Strong INT in the 3rd and was yelling at Strong. Jw. I could be wrong.

Also, Im assuming the Refs had a say in the two teams not shaking hands after the game. Anyone got any info

The winner of Liberty-Bedford vs Brookville.

Now, Martinsville were pure classless. First off, after the National Anthem, it is perfectly clear. Observe a moment of silence for the troops as the colors exit the field. As soon as the NA was over, they started playing their fight song. And the team didnt even come out. There was quite a bit of extra activity all night. But correct me if Im wrong. If a player takes his helmet off in the field of play, is it not an auto-ejection Their #11 took his helmet off after the Strong INT in the 3rd and was yelling at Strong. Jw. I could be wrong.

Also, Im assuming the Refs had a say in the two teams not shaking hands after the game. Anyone got any info

Both teams were jawing at each other, but they took it to a whole new level ! I thought they lost their composure after the game got out of hand.

The kid on the last Bradley Strong interception should have been flagged on that play for taking his helmet off and for the hit on Brad......in my opinion anyway.

I left with about 2 mins. to go in the game so I didn't see what happened after the game as far as the hand shaking thing goes, but it doesn't surprise me that the 2 teams didn't shake hands.

I don't think they were happy about us laying the smack down on em.

It got pretty ugly there for a minute and it looked like it had a chance to get even uglier until the refs and coaches got things settled down a little.

I hate to see things like that go on, just glad it doesn't happen very often.

Ron/CP said right after the play that no ref was nearby to see the helmet come off... therefore, no flag.

He took his helmet off roughly around the 40 yardline. He then walked all the way back to the other 45 on the other side of the field before he put it back on. And walked by 2 refs in the process lol.

Both teams were jawing at each other, but they took it to a whole new level ! I thought they lost their composure after the game got out of hand.

The kid on the last Bradley Strong interception should have been flagged on that play for taking his helmet off and for the hit on Brad......in my opinion anyway.

I left with about 2 mins. to go in the game so I didn't see what happened after the game as far as the hand shaking thing goes, but it doesn't surprise me that the 2 teams didn't shake hands.

I don't think they were happy about us laying the smack down on em.

It got pretty ugly there for a minute and it looked like it had a chance to get even uglier until the refs and coaches got things settled down a little.

I hate to see things like that go on, just glad it doesn't happen very often.

Martinsville were being sore losers. The only player ejected was their #63 who attacked Bunker (way the wrong person to mess with.) Once Martinsville knew they couldn't win all they wanted to do was fight. They did everything they could to instigate a brawl. So hats off to the Richlands players and coaches for not letting that happen.

At the end of the game they didn't shake hands. The Richlands players were sent by the coaches and AD to the endzone, while they and the Richlands PD stood at midfield until Martinsville was in their locker room. The Richlands players were then allowed to come back to midfield as they always do after a game.

Martinsville were being sore losers. The only player ejected was their #63 who attacked Bunker (way the wrong person to mess with.) Once Martinsville knew they couldn't win all they wanted to do was fight. They did everything they could to instigate a brawl. So hats off to the Richlands players and coaches for not letting that happen.

At the end of the game they didn't shake hands. The Richlands players were sent by the coaches and AD to the endzone, while they and the Richlands PD stood at midfield until Martinsville was in their locker room. The Richlands players were then allowed to come back to midfield as they always do after a game.

Sad to see stuff like this happen. Glad the blues kept their composure for the most part and didn't get anybody thrown out.

I thought coach Mance and the rest of the staff did a good job of controlling our guys !

Thanks for the info.

This really didn't suprise me after listening to the Marion/Martinville game. When you are committing personal fouls and winning the game, you know there are issues.

With :22 sec left in a game, why would a DB drill a player on the losing team, in front of a ref---on a high uncatchable throw? Was he thinking he wouldn't get a PF call, or just didn't care?

Life has many choices---eternity two