east.mont

vols4life

i really think they will be the team to beat clintwood.i watched them 2 yrs ago at holston and that young team almost put out a very good holston team that got beat by clintwood..last year injuries hurt them..i think this yr they play for state..

Clintwood is big on the OLine quick in the backfield and unlike most years throw the ball consistantly. Im not saying EM cant do it(ive only seen 1 short highlight film of them) but it will take a realy good team to do it. The two things that make Clintwood so hard to defend this year is their mid range passing game and the fact that their QB is probably gonna be the best/fastest athletes on the field

Clintwood is big on the OLine quick in the backfield and unlike most years throw the ball consistantly. Im not saying EM cant do it(ive only seen 1 short highlight film of them) but it will take a realy good team to do it. The two things that make Clintwood so hard to defend this year is their mid range passing game and the fact that their QB is probably gonna be the best/fastest athletes on the field

Except EM's quarterback has thrown over 70 career TDs..

Except EM's quarterback has thrown over 70 career TDs..

Some friends went to East Monts game friday and wasn't overly impressed. Covington held them scoreless first 19 minutes of the game. Bath County was beaten by them by only 27-20. Clintwood is aggressive defensively and can disrupt the passing game. Not saying Shawn Christian the Qb of East Mont is not super-talented,but Clintwood is no slouch on the offensive side of the ball either.

Guest Woolybugger
Some friends went to East Monts game friday and wasn't overly impressed. Covington held them scoreless first 19 minutes of the game. Bath County was beaten by them by only 27-20. Clintwood is aggressive defensively and can disrupt the passing game. Not saying Shawn Christian the Qb of East Mont is not super-talented,but Clintwood is no slouch on the offensive side of the ball either.

They scored 50 on Giles, put up 53 on Radford. They havent scored less than 34 since that first game, and Bath has a beast of a defense, trust me. QB Christian is closing in on 3000 yards for the season, is in the top 10 all-time in Va. for TD passes, and threw for 360 against Galax in week 3. Being a Division 1 school, their final VHSL rating would have had them at No. 4 in the Region IV playoffs, either division 3 or 4.

Don't know about you, but I'm impressed.

Dont put too much into the points they put up against Giles, Haysi put up 40+ throwing the ball and this was one of the worst Haysi teams in rescent history.

EMs QBs stats are impressive and I have no doubt they are a good team. I just have little respect for the depth of Region C D1, and to me beating up on a bunch of weak teams isint anything to brag about.

Lets not forget it may still be JI Burton vs Galax for half state, I dont think it will be but it could be

They scored 50 on Giles, put up 53 on Radford. They havent scored less than 34 since that first game, and Bath has a beast of a defense, trust me. QB Christian is closing in on 3000 yards for the season, is in the top 10 all-time in Va. for TD passes, and threw for 360 against Galax in week 3. Being a Division 1 school, their final VHSL rating would have had them at No. 4 in the Region IV playoffs, either division 3 or 4.

Don't know about you, but I'm impressed.

Giles barely beat Haysi. Haysi was terrible this year in comparison to normal Haysi seasons. You have to have a great defense to win championships. Bath put up 20 points on them and Galax 26. Points scored on Clintwood this year has been mainly against reserves. Haysi scored zero,Burton scored zero ,Happy Valley Tenn. who only lost two games this year before bowing out to Gatlinburg Pittman had zero points. Powell Valley got 7 ,J.J. Kelly got 7. etc... Should East Mont and Clintwood play it would be a great match-up of potent offense against a stingy defense. The homefield would be at Clintwood . Date would be December 4th, field conditions who knows???

Dont put too much into the points they put up against Giles, Haysi put up 40+ throwing the ball and this was one of the worst Haysi teams in rescent history.

EMs QBs stats are impressive and I have no doubt they are a good team. I just have little respect for the depth of Region C D1, and to me beating up on a bunch of weak teams isint anything to brag about.

Lets not forget it may still be JI Burton vs Galax for half state, I dont think it will be but it could be

They also beat Radford 50-21. Radford was suspect at times, but 50 on the the 'Cats is intense. Christian is not a great all around athlete, but as a passing quarterback he's one of the best around - especially Group A.

They also beat Radford 50-21. Radford was suspect at times, but 50 on the the 'Cats is intense. Christian is not a great all around athlete, but as a passing quarterback he's one of the best around - especially Group A.

Gate City will decimate Radford if they meet at half-state. Any finesse team that gives up 50 points is weak. Radford may have improved since the East Mont. debacle,but Gate City is a hard-nosed,run it down your throat , power football team. East Mont would not have got 50 on Gate City. Richlands only had 3 at halftime. Chilhowie may bite the Bobcats this weekend.

Gate City will decimate Radford if they meet at half-state. Any finesse team that gives up 50 points is weak. Radford may have improved since the East Mont. debacle,but Gate City is a hard-nosed,run it down your throat , power football team. East Mont would not have got 50 on Gate City. Richlands only had 3 at halftime. Chilhowie may bite the Bobcats this weekend.

Gate City and Radford are two very different teams and I wouldn't call Radford a finesse team either. They have tons of speed and flash but that doesn't mean they just roll over. That being said, I think Gate City would beat them ...but decimate? Not a chance.

And I never said Clintwood wouldn't beat EM. I'm sure they would - my argument was that they're better than you think and EM's quarterback is among the state's elite passers.

Gate City and Radford are two very different teams and I wouldn't call Radford a finesse team either. They have tons of speed and flash but that doesn't mean they just roll over. That being said, I think Gate City would beat them ...but decimate? Not a chance.

And I never said Clintwood wouldn't beat EM. I'm sure they would - my argument was that they're better than you think and EM's quarterback is among the state's elite passers.

Totally agree East Mont. is a dangerous team, very different than many. Stopping the Qb will be a huge task for any defensive coordinator. I threw the word Decimate in there to prod you. I agree decimate is too strong a word but defeat is not. This weekend will tell who will be still in the hunt for a championship. Have a great Thanksgiving!:)

Well EM needs to get past Galax and Clintwood needs to get by Burton this week before we can even START to really talk about this game

That being said both CW and EM have played 6 Playoff teams each this season the Avg scores in those games were (EM 38-18) (CW 40-7) Both Teams have Offences that can light it up With EM only scoring under 30 once this season and CW's lowest scoring game (31) coming in the 1st matchup with Burton (a team that has has 4 or 5 Shutouts this season) the difference seems to be that CW has one of the better D's around this season where EM seems to be more of a bend but don't break system

IF this game happens I am sure the story will be the EM O (almost 3K yards Passing) vs the CW D (at least 1 pick in all 11 games so far this season) but the game may be decided by the bend/don't break D of EM vs the Power running/Huge Line of CW........Weather could also be a factor given that in Nov/Dec The CW field turns into a windtunal at times which WILL NOT favor a passing team

If Burton is the team that EM faces it will be Pass vs Pass but would PROBABLY be played at UVA-Wise in turf wich Burton is used to playing on but would be a new experance for EM (or galax)

I have seen East Mont a couple of times this year. They run 4-5 wide and not many teams see that very often throughout the season. They have great team speed on Defense. Em is very small on the lines but they have been very effective.To say that Shawn Christian isn't a good athlete is false. He is a very good safety. You have to have a balanced attack to beat them. They beat Floyd by stacking the box. Floyd's passing game was terrible this year. If Clintwood is balanced like you guys say, then they will be fine on Offense.

No one has stopped EM this year. No one. It will be up to Clintwood's coaches to come up with a good scheme. They have a 6'4 and a 6'8" reciever. There RB is tough as well. I feel their schedule has been better than Clintwoods. I am not sure that really matters when you get this far. I may have to make the trip down to see this game if it happens. It would be 2 undefeated teams.

I have not seen ethier team play this year. I have heard a lot about Clintwood and I know they are well balanced and have size on the lines. Balance on offense is very difficult to defend in high school. It kind-of sounds like Richlands this year. This is one Richlands fan that will be pulling for Clintwood all the way. I have old friend that played for one of thier State teams.

I have not seen ethier team play this year. I have heard a lot about Clintwood and I know they are well balanced and have size on the lines. Balance on offense is very difficult to defend in high school. It kind-of sounds like Richlands this year. This is one Richlands fan that will be pulling for Clintwood all the way. I have old friend that played for one of thier State teams.

Thanks Gizmo. I will be pulling for Richlands as well. Go Green. Go Blue.

I have seen East Mont a couple of times this year. They run 4-5 wide and not many teams see that very often throughout the season. They have great team speed on Defense. Em is very small on the lines but they have been very effective.To say that Shawn Christian isn't a good athlete is false. He is a very good safety. You have to have a balanced attack to beat them. They beat Floyd by stacking the box. Floyd's passing game was terrible this year. If Clintwood is balanced like you guys say, then they will be fine on Offense.

No one has stopped EM this year. No one. It will be up to Clintwood's coaches to come up with a good scheme. They have a 6'4 and a 6'8" reciever. There RB is tough as well. I feel their schedule has been better than Clintwoods. I am not sure that really matters when you get this far. I may have to make the trip down to see this game if it happens. It would be 2 undefeated teams.

Well Clintwood has to defeat Burton first and East Mont. must defeat Galax. The schedule Clintwood played was mixed . Defeated the following good teams, Burton, Powell Valley, Happy Valley ,Tenn. JJ Kelly,Lebanon,. Some teams were not that good as this season. Haysi,Appalachia,Pound, Coeburn,Twin Springs, Shelby Valley,,most of these were blow=outs by half-time and reserves played. Were Clintwood to win Saturday ,they would host the game ,so that would be to their advantage

Well Clintwood has to defeat Burton first and East Mont. must defeat Galax. The schedule Clintwood played was mixed . Defeated the following good teams, Burton, Powell Valley, Happy Valley ,Tenn. JJ Kelly,Lebanon,. Some teams were not that good as this season. Haysi,Appalachia,Pound, Coeburn,Twin Springs, Shelby Valley,,most of these were blow=outs by half-time and reserves played. Were Clintwood to win Saturday ,they would host the game ,so that would be to their advantage
Clintwood will have no problem with burton. Burton is lucky they made it past the first round. I thought Hurley physically beat them up and down the field and could have won this game if it wasnt for 1 big play before the half. Burton is not physical at all... I thought Hurley played 2 or three teams this year that were better Burton. As I said earlier, Clintwood will have no problem with Burton.