East Mont. versus Clintwood

wave316

Checked the stats on East Monts QB Shawn Christian in the Galax game. The guy had 212 yds rushing and 152 passing. Sounds like he is a dual threat and Clintwood will have to scheme to stop both the run and pass attack of this talented qb. They do have a running back who gained over 100 yds to keep the defense in check if they try to key to much on Christian. This is going to be a classic of a game with both teams 12-0. Montgomery

s offense over 5000 yds this season and Clintwood's defense only yeilding 86 points in 12 games. As I researched those 84 points ,nearly half came on reserves not 1st string defense. So ,an exciting game awaits us at Clintwood,this Saturday ,1.30 pm game time I believe!:)Go Greenwave,go GateCity! Go Blue Tornado!!

EM's offense willl generate some points. They spread out 4-5 wide and it's hard to stop. They have a 6'4 and a 6'8 receiver. They are small on the lines but very fast. I am starting to get the feeling that it will take a speed team like Franklin to stop them. I read that Clintwood is very big, are they quick up front as well? If so, then they too should have success moving the ball. I have no idea who will take this one but EM's wide open attack is tough.

EM's offense willl generate some points. They spread out 4-5 wide and it's hard to stop. They have a 6'4 and a 6'8 receiver. They are small on the lines but very fast. I am starting to get the feeling that it will take a speed team like Franklin to stop them. I read that Clintwood is very big, are they quick up front as well? If so, then they too should have success moving the ball. I have no idea who will take this one but EM's wide open attack is tough.

Clintwood is pretty speedy and big on the o-line and d-line. Clintwood has a decent secondary,and good linebackers. I hear East Mont .likes to run no huddle ,so the Wave will have to prepare for this,not get caught unprepared and burned on big plays. Don't know if weather will be a factor or not. If Clintwood can pressure Qb and rattle him ,could be key to victory. Just excited about this game,don't know when two teams were 12-0 and faced each other like this. Should be a dandy!:)

It should be a heck of a game Saturday and if I were not going to Brookville I would be there to support the Greenwave. Not many times 2--12 and 0 teams face each other. Its obvious one of the teams will be very disappointed Saturday but a 12 and 1 season is nothing to hang you're head about. Good luck Greenwave --and Blue Devils

Clintwood hosts but dont know if they will play at home or at UVA Wise, Gate City travels to radford

Playing at home (This years seniors are 24-1 on that field) with the rain/snow getting ready to set in for the end of the week it sure sounds like conditions will favor a running team

Playing at home (This years seniors are 24-1 on that field) with the rain/snow getting ready to set in for the end of the week it sure sounds like conditions will favor a running team

Acouple of days ago it was forecast sunny for saturday,now a 40% chance of rain,have to wait and see what happens.

Em does in fact run no huddle....the entire game.

Clintwood has a great team, they are excited about the challenge of playing a team ,they've never faced. This is a unique team to them ,so they are excited about playing East Mont.

How old is Eastern Montgomery? What happened to Shawsville? Is this school a product of a consolidation?

I can't remember the year EastMont opened but it has the same attendance zone as the old Shawsville HS. The new school is in Elliston, which is about 4-5 miles closer to the Roanoke County line than Shawsville.

Everything is pretty much the same. The school was built about 2-3 miles down the road and it was built in Elliston instead of Shawsville....thus the name change. Same enrollment, they didn't pick anyone up.

I have a question. Why is this game being played at Clintwood and not UVA Wse? I thought this game was almost always at UVA Wise. I think playing on grass and not turf favors Clintwood....especially if t rains.

each region alternates...uva wise... is just a outlet for div.1 and and div. 2.. makes sence to have them there... its up to the "host" team whether it is played at uva. if you remember, holston reg.c hosted ji burton...for what ever reason,(lack of seating ,poor field conditions) the game was played at emory..

Edited by cwood78

I know that Region D dictates that their championship games are played at UVA-Wise. Coaches don't have a choice on that. All of the coaches in Region D vote on that. After the Region D Championships, the "home field" issue reverts back to the schools. I am pretty sure this is right.

they will play there reguardless ..thats the only thing i really have a problem with..when its their turn to host they always want to play on their feild..which is ok but if field conditions are bad..play at wise..plus i hate the flip flop rule..its crazy..i think its unfair for one undeafted team to have home field and the other not to..should be neutral..its also very nice for the kids to play on a nice field..both teams deserve a level playing field..but it is what it is..i think this might be the team to come into clintwood then stop at salem for a shot at state.

they will play there reguardless ..thats the only thing i really have a problem with..when its their turn to host they always want to play on their feild..which is ok but if field conditions are bad..play at wise..plus i hate the flip flop rule..its crazy..i think its unfair for one undeafted team to have home field and the other not to..should be neutral..its also very nice for the kids to play on a nice field..both teams deserve a level playing field..but it is what it is..i think this might be the team to come into clintwood then stop at salem for a shot at state.

Sounds as if you have a problem with the game being played at Clintwood. Clintwood traveled to Bath County a couple of years ago and played the Chargers at their field and did not whine about it. I'm sure if East Mont .had the opportunity to play at their field ,they would.

Exactly, if you are gonna play at a neutral field, might as well make the travel even for both sides. Record is a silly way to say where the game will be. Because say Clintwood lost to Richlands on a last second field goal in the regular season, you would make them travel to EM because EM played a lighter schedule (which they actually played a pretty tough one unlike most D1 teams).

Also, I remember that putrid orange that Shawsville had. What were they, the Shawnees?

Exactly, if you are gonna play at a neutral field, might as well make the travel even for both sides. Record is a silly way to say where the game will be. Because say Clintwood lost to Richlands on a last second field goal in the regular season, you would make them travel to EM because EM played a lighter schedule (which they actually played a pretty tough one unlike most D1 teams).

Also, I remember that putrid orange that Shawsville had. What were they, the Shawnees?

Well said!

I like alternating between Regions from year to year in the semis, I wouldnt like powerpoints or record determining the host site. If Clintwood wants to play in a mudhole(as long as it has enough seating) thats their choice. Unless im mistaken Clintwood does not practice on their field very much and since it hasnt hosted a game since the 1st round of the playoffs it should be in good condition, its a great field(one of the best natural fields around)

I like alternating between Regions from year to year in the semis, I wouldnt like powerpoints or record determining the host site. If Clintwood wants to play in a mudhole(as long as it has enough seating) thats their choice. Unless im mistaken Clintwood does not practice on their field very much and since it hasnt hosted a game since the 1st round of the playoffs it should be in good condition, its a great field(one of the best natural fields around)

Mudhole?