Player of the Year-Devon Johnson!!

Nadoball

Congrats to Devon!!!

The Richlands' fans have enjoyed watching you these last two years, soph. and junior....next year, your senior year, hopefully more accolades will follow for you and your Blues team mates.

December 8, 2010

Johnson plays hard for Blues

By TOM BONE

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x1894467835/Johnson-plays-hard-for-Blues

excerpts:

The Richlands High School junior told the crowd at the 10th annual banquet, “I want to thank God for giving me the ability to go out there and play. I want to thank the coaching staff for treating me the way they do.

“I want to thank my team. I’m going to give the trophy to my team, because I couldn’t do it without them. … I ran hard for them this year, and they played hard for me.â€

Together they put up impressive statistics en route to this Saturday’s state championship game. Though he did not [play] a full game during the majority of the regular season – because Richlands was already so far ahead – Johnson has run for 1,376 yards and 23 rushing touchdowns.

He felt the connection to those around him in August when he needed it acutely.

“My dad passed away,†he told the audience on Tuesday night, “but my team was there for me, the coaching staff was here for me. At the funeral they were there, the principal was there. Richlands is just a good place to be. … I couldn’t ask for a better place to be at.â€

Awesome!!!! Finally a small school wins player of the year!!!! Congratulations Big Creek Owls / Riverview Raiders!!!!!

How about we let him enjoy his award and save the petty comments for the next batch of "recruits.' Devon, Austin, and A.J. have already taken enough of them!

Way to go Devon ! Well deserved. All of us in Richlands are very proud of you and the rest of the the blues !

Now go have a great game in Lynchburg !

Congrats to coach Mance for his coach of the year award !

What a coach ! Congrats to all the coaches at Richlands !

Funny comment from BluefieltPT, its funny that people forget how many times Bluefield has taken players from the Va side(Graham) how quickly they forget uh?

Bluefield hasen't "taken" players from anyone.....

Lets not let this thread get off topic though...

The kid deserves congratulations on a great season and he is mature enough to give positive comments about the other players on his team

Edited by beaverbaseball

LOL, wasn't trying to take any credit away from Johnson. Just funny how quick and defensive you get. Whats wrong with that? ITs the TRUTH.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

I think most are just tired of smart ass comments from people like you. Its the truth.

Congrats to Devon. We all know he is a tremendous player and he is becoming known now, from the article, that he is a very nice young man.

The thing I can't wait to see is, next year. I'm sure he will put in a ton of work in the offseason and be an even bigger beast next year. Can't wait to see where his talent takes him in a couple of years from now.

If this kid is a monster in the weight room and works hard this offseason then the sky is the limit for him. Can't wait to see him next year.

Congrats on a great Junior year Devon, keep up the hard work!!

Congratulations Devon on your honor. Know your Dad would be so proud--continue the legacy he instilled in you and your brothers.

It's not been an easy year for you, but surround yourself with good role models. Remember a true friend who knows you, will never ask you to do anything that you know is wrong. They want the best for you always--an acquaintance only thinks of the moment.

God bless young man, may you be blessed with his grace, mercy and peace.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Congratulations Devon on your honor. Know your Dad would be so proud--continue the legacy he instilled in you and your brothers.

It's not been an easy year for you, but surround yourself with good role models. Remember a true friend who knows you, will never ask you to do anything that you know is wrong. They want the best for you always--an acquaintance only thinks of the moment.

Good post tbgfan, I too think you're father is very proud of you and the way you accepted this honor is also the sign of a great teammate and mature young man. You guys have made me proud to be a Richlands grad. and fan by the way you and you're teammates have achieved you're goals but more importantly the manner in which you have received the accolades. You have been humble and realize such awards come as part of a team effort. Way to go. Arrogance is a sign of weakness and humility is a sign of strenth.

+1

Great post !

Could not have said it better myself !!!