State finals updates

VHSLhelper

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

richlands, you are a damn good team. That safety at the beginning really hurt you guys, but congrats on a great season, nothing to hang your heads about. Just get back to work and maybe you'll find yourself in the same spot next year

wow..what a heartbreaking loss for a great team, this one is going to hurt for a while...best of luck to you guys next year and congrats on an awesome season...13-1 is nothing to hang your heads over.

Where they said poqouson was the best team by far they have played. It might have been but i just think that taking a shot at swva football.

I guess if they were the only team to beat you, and hold you to 17 points when you avg 50...and then drop 23 on you when you usually give up about half that to the clean up crew...then that would pretty much make that a true statement? I didn't see it as a cheap shot myself.

no matter how good you are, at some point everyone has a bad day...combine that with the level of talent you are playing at this point and it can spell disaster.

I think Richlands might want to look at playing a harder schedule if they are going to be at the current level for a while...I think it would really benefit them to do so...picking up Bluefield would be an easy one as they are usually good year in and year out....and then maybe hitting the road a little...I know it cost more and it's not fun for the fans...but, whatever makes your program stronger is worth it. I don't think blowing people out 50+ to 0 at halftime and pulling the starters is really helping other than to get the younger kids a lot of playing time, which is good....but, I think playing some better teams would make them stronger by pushing them a little harder each week...sadly, that will require some road trips.