State finals updates

VHSLhelper

You not putting DC on that schedule? I would like to see it. DC wont be AA but should be pretty good. I still dont think the Thing 1 and Thing 2 scenario is gonna work out , I think they will close the 3 small schools, send them to the 3 larger schools and draw straws and start building new high schools 1 at a time like they should have dont 10 uears ago. At least thats what I would do

Ive never really bought into the strength of schedule arguement, as long as a team is challenged(and I mean really challenged) 2-3 times in a season then that is enough for them to know how to react when they get hit in the mouth! To me playing a really hard schedule week in and week out gets challenging about week 13-14, I think GC suffers from this alot, they play probably the toughest single A schedule this side of Roanake. I just think it would be hard to really put out your absolutely best every week and after a while you dont have anything left.

Having a weak schedule is even worse though, if you never know what its like for things not to go right then a team doesent know how to react when things dont go well.

Congrats GC, youve made the entire area proud!

Edited by redtiger

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't really meant as a dig at other SWD quite as much as trying to illustrate the point that the schedule argument's impossible to win one way or the other.

Liberty-Bedford plays a challenging schedule within the district (Seminole) and out most years. (In fact, the Minutemen have inked a two year deal with Harrisonburg starting next year.) They're competitive on a regular basis (arguably Top 10 in Division 3 statewide most years), yet they haven't been very successful in regional playoffs. From the standpoint of getting better, what advice might be offered to Liberty?

Bottom line... Richlands clobbered one of the top teams in the state by 37 points and lost a tough game by 6 points to the state champion. Schedule's about as relevant as jersey color.

RichlandsAlum,

Couldn't agree more. I love reading your posts. You are consistently level-headed and one of the more informed posters. And totally agree about the SWD. Not to offend anyone in the SWD ( including Lance, who I appreciate as well) This year 2 of the 7 were decent (Grundy and CC), Richlands was dominant and the other 4 were terrible (I would say that the Falcons were a little better than terrible, but I won't) Also great point with Liberty. Could also be said about Brookville as we have beaten them 2 out of 3 times we have faced them in the State Semi's