How did Oregon . . . .

Big Orange 1

Guest The Variable

Listen, I know Auburn is in the SEC but I am for the Ducks. I can't stand Auburn. I was for Penn St vs. FL. I was for Michigan St vs. Bama. I don't pull for teams I don't like just because they play in the same conference as my Vols. Hell, I would pull for the russians before I would ever pull for Alabama. I even pulled for Tech against Alabama.....

Its all fun and games until someone roots for the russians.

What would Patton say?

I pull for anyone playing the SEC teams. Vanderbilt is the only school that plays by the rules and they don't win. Go Ducks!!!

Well there you go! LOL! Just in case you are under the assumption that the SEC is the only conference that pushes the envelope, didn’t Ohio State just have 5 players punished for breaking the rules? EVERY team in the NCAA has broken the rules at one time or another, whether intentional or not. So if you’re looking for a team to pull for that has never broken NCAA rules, good luck my friend.

Hate to burst your bubble, but here’s Vanderbilt’s latest infraction:

Link

The NCAA has made it almost impossible to be 100% pure. It’s even illegal to loan a freaking parking pass to a friend! It is WAY past ridiculous.

Edited by blueinbama

put up 52 points on Stanford's defense? All I've heard is how good their offense was, but the defense is "lights out".

Oregon's offense is tiers above Tech's.

More like light years, but this.

VT's offense made Stanford's defense look "lights out"...remember the most important thing, VT has Stinespring...

And let Stiney coach the line.

Just let Stiney recruit. He's proven he can do that. He's never proved he could coach.

Since Jeff King we've under utilized every tight end we have and he's a tight end coach. You'd think if he were any good, he'd make that a pivotal part of our game plan. Andre Smith did get some highlights this year, but think about how we essentially wasted Sam Wheeler and Greg Boone the last few years.

Just let Stiney recruit. He's proven he can do that. He's never proved he could coach.

That's what I find so funny...if you look at his past performance, he doesn't really recruit that well...

This may be true, its only what I'm told. I've not been motivated to actually research it.

Either way, I feel even if BS was relieved of his OC duties, Beamer is still loyal enough to keep him in the system. He hurts us less as a recruiter than as the commanding officer of the bubble-screen brigade.

This may be true, its only what I'm told. I've not been motivated to actually research it.

Either way, I feel even if BS was relieved of his OC duties, Beamer is still loyal enough to keep him in the system. He hurts us less as a recruiter than as the commanding officer of the bubble-screen brigade.

Someone on Techsideline.com did research it and listed the players he has recruited since 2005...very few ever saw playing time...

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

I believe that applies here.

Kevin Rogers was recently fired by the Vikings. Any chance that the Tech coaching staff would welcome him back into the fold. How was he as a recruiter? If memory serves correctly he was a solid QB's coach, either way will be better than O'Cain. Maybe can get him back on staff and work with LT, to groom him into the starting spot.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

Like running up the middle against Stanford the other night...

Someone on Techsideline.com did research it and listed the players he has recruited since 2005...very few ever saw playing time...

What about this tidbit:

"Vince Hall, Josh Hyman, Carlton Powell, Branden Ore, Purnell Sturdivant, Greg Boone, Deveon Simmons, Kam Chancellor … all of those Virginia Beach guys that Stiney signed to Virginia Tech.

Stinespring is not a guy who is limited to a certain area because of contacts. He has signed David Wilson, Logan Thomas, Andrew Miller and Zack McCray out of Southside Virginia. He's also done something else that no other member of the Tech staff has proven to do: he's gone head-to-head with major programs for out-of-state recruits and won.

In 2010, he signed Arizona native Laurence Gibson out of Hargrave over offers from Auburn, Clemson and Mississippi State. He signed 4-star offensive lineman Aaron Brown out of Ohio over offers from Ohio State, Notre Dame, Auburn and Purdue. He signed Leon Mackey of Delaware over Florida State, Arkansas, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina. He even beat UNC's John Blake head-to-head for Mackey!"

What about this tidbit:

"Vince Hall, Josh Hyman, Carlton Powell, Branden Ore, Purnell Sturdivant, Greg Boone, Deveon Simmons, Kam Chancellor … all of those Virginia Beach guys that Stiney signed to Virginia Tech.

Stinespring is not a guy who is limited to a certain area because of contacts. He has signed David Wilson, Logan Thomas, Andrew Miller and Zack McCray out of Southside Virginia. He's also done something else that no other member of the Tech staff has proven to do: he's gone head-to-head with major programs for out-of-state recruits and won.

In 2010, he signed Arizona native Laurence Gibson out of Hargrave over offers from Auburn, Clemson and Mississippi State. He signed 4-star offensive lineman Aaron Brown out of Ohio over offers from Ohio State, Notre Dame, Auburn and Purdue. He signed Leon Mackey of Delaware over Florida State, Arkansas, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina. He even beat UNC's John Blake head-to-head for Mackey!"

Who is Deveon Simmons?

Who is Deveon Simmons?

He was a top rated recruit who was lazy.

"At last word, prize Virginia Tech linebacker recruit Deveon Simmons was headed to Louisburg (N.C.) Junior College in hopes of becoming eligible to spend his final two seasons of college eligibility at Virginia Tech.

Simmons, rated the No. 4 prospect in Virginia last year by The Roanoke Times, may eventually end up at Tech but don’t look for him before 2008.

Simmons, a 6-foot-1, 210-pound linebacker from Landstown High School in Virginia Beach, did not do the necessary paperwork in time to enroll this fall at Louisburg and is now talking about entering Louisburg in January.

Because he was not an NCAA qualifier out of high school, Simmons would need to graduate from junior college in order to play at the I-A level.

The letter-of-intent Simmons signed with the Hokies in February is no longer binding. There are no indications that his interest in Tech has wavered, but while the Hokies have continued to keep abreast of him, eventually he’s going to have to prove that he’s serious about school."