Rich Rodriguez having a hard time finding work

bluefieldRocks

Who gets a head coaching job first Rich Rod or Mike Leach?

I was surprised Leach didn't get Maryland.....I think Rod goes to Clemson next year after Dabbo has another dissapointing season. He got his first BIG break there as an OC prior to coming to WVU........Leach will be a hot name to fill other vacancies....he might have to take an OC role.......we will see.

I heard it from Bill King this morning and I'm going to agree with him that Rich Rod heads to Clemson after they fire Dabo for the 2011 season.

I don't see it. Clemson boasts being a "southern" school and Rich Rod doesn't have the "southern hospitality" to make it happen in SC. Don't know the extent of it, but I hear that many of the boosters are not happy to even entertain the thought of Rich Rod as their future coach because of his "behavior" and the NCAA allegations against him at Michigan and WVU.

Just my $0.02.

Which would you rather have? All stigmas aside.

Leach ALL DAY. Regardless of his personalities, the guy is a winner.

I will guarantee you that the first team to gamble on him will hit the jackpot.

I don't see it. Clemson boasts being a "southern" school and Rich Rod doesn't have the "southern hospitality" to make it happen in SC. Don't know the extent of it, but I hear that many of the boosters are not happy to even entertain the thought of Rich Rod as their future coach because of his "behavior" and the NCAA allegations against him at Michigan and WVU.

Just my $0.02.

I believe Clemson's' fan base still thinks their football program is a national power. They have thought that since Danny Ford won a NC amid multiple NCAA recruiting violations. Fact of the matter is, Clemson hasn't been a great program over the last 15-20 years. They have had good teams here and there, but nothing great.

Dabo has a great reputation for being a recruiter and smoozing school boosters, but after a 6-7 season, the groans are getting louder from the fans.

In this day of major college sports, there is a shift underway that is pointing heavily to wins in a short period of time. It's almost getting to the point of "no matter what." It just depends on how bad the school wants wins for their program.

I like Seth Greenberg and the way he runs his basketball program at VT. There are a lot of fans (and some posters on these forums) who are tired of Seth and want a change now, because VT's basketball results haven't satisfied them over the last few years.

How much of his success was because of his offensive coordinator?

Personally I would rather have RichRod as the head ball coach (can't believe I just said that). Rodriguez was one Pat White no show from playing for the National Championship only a few years ago. Leach has a career record of 84-43 at TT, but take away his one break out year in 08, they were no better than 5-3 in the Big 12 only once. Even that year, the freshman safety(can't think of his name right off), dropped an easy pick that would have sealed TT's conference record at 6-2 once again. Either way can't trust the numbers because Chizik had an under .500 record before taking the post at Auburn.

But someone will give both of these guys a chance very soon in the future, most likely after next year they will be roaming the sidelines again.

because Chizik had an under .500 record before taking the post at Auburn.

And he had about 60% Tommy Tuberville's recruits. Though, without ex-Gator Cam "The Sham" Newton, Auburn isn't above .500 this season.

Leach will win no matter where he is at. He runs a version of the Spread that RRod invented. RRod and Michigan never matched. He needed a DC and he too will win with a good DC. Rod only won at WVU because of his ability to get points on the board and Casteel's ability to keep the other team off the scoreboard or at least at bay. Greg Robinson did horribly at UM and basically caused the failure of that experiment. Rod needs to get with the program and evolve his "baby" the spread more than he has. He needs to add more to it such as Urban Myer / Leach along with a Defense. I think Rod would be successful at Clemson, given the type of players they usually bring in. Plus He will have Tahj Boyd.......a very mobile QB with an arm that he recruited at WVU. He would have at least one season maybe 2 with him. Hey in the ACC, you don't have any offensive juggernauts. If Rod could put up points paired with a decent D....he could do some damage. But where will he get a staff.....Maybe he just goes as an OC...

I like Seth Greenberg and the way he runs his basketball program at VT. There are a lot of fans (and some posters on these forums) who are tired of Seth and want a change now, because VT's basketball results haven't satisfied them over the last few years.

If you're satisfied paying $35/ticket/game to watch VT's basketball program underachieve and show no signs of improvement, season after season, under Greenburg, more power to you...

BTW, you going to the ACC tournament this year?

Personally I would rather have RichRod as the head ball coach (can't believe I just said that). Rodriguez was one Pat White no show from playing for the National Championship only a few years ago. Leach has a career record of 84-43 at TT, but take away his one break out year in 08, they were no better than 5-3 in the Big 12 only once. Even that year, the freshman safety(can't think of his name right off), dropped an easy pick that would have sealed TT's conference record at 6-2 once again. Either way can't trust the numbers because Chizik had an under .500 record before taking the post at Auburn.

But someone will give both of these guys a chance very soon in the future, most likely after next year they will be roaming the sidelines again.

Take Pat White off those teams and WVU/RR goes no better than .500 during that time...

Take Cam Newtoe off of Auburn's team this year and AU/Chizik finish in the cellar of the West Division in the SEC...

The players make the system work...

If you're satisfied paying $35/ticket/game to watch VT's basketball program underachieve and show no signs of improvement, season after season, under Greenburg, more power to you...

BTW, you going to the ACC tournament this year?

I don't know of anyone who is overly happy paying $35 a ticket for any ACC game win or lose!

It's all a matter of opinion. Kentucky fans couldn't wait to get rid of Tubby and their program took a few steps back under Gillespie. Wake Forest fired Dino and look at how bad they are this year. I know that Wake is young this year, but they looked very poorly coached to me the other night when they played in Blacksburg. Does UNC want rid of Roy Williams yet? This is the second year of this complete embarrassment of a basketball team!! (TIC)

Be careful what you wish for....

No plans on attending the ACC basketball tourney yet, but that could change as the date gets closer. It's in Greensboro this year, right?

No plans on attending the ACC basketball tourney yet, but that could change as the date gets closer. It's in Greensboro this year, right?

Yep...I think tickets for the tourney are $385...maybe?

Yep...I think tickets for the tourney are $385...maybe?

Season football tickets....vs... ACC Championship Tickets??

Both are relatively the same price (at least for me).

Season football tickets all-the-frickin-way.

Season football tickets....vs... ACC Championship Tickets??

Both are relatively the same price (at least for me).

Season football tickets all-the-frickin-way.

+10

More extended excitement with Football tickets (6-7 weeks) + tailgating