blues to tired to play

ba961

Went down to va high to watch the blues but they where a no show. The ad got a call from rhs ad around 420pm for a 7pm game that they would not be there. The team that was going to play the blues had to turn around and go back home. Just want others opinion with the weather and so many missed games I think we needed this extra game time. I do not think the g men or cc either one are better than us but we lack chemistry and somtimes you only get that by playing. Secondly for years I've sit back and watched everyone around play in great tournaments that made them better. We get in one this year and stub our nose to them very smart on our part.

What a joke! I guess everyone on here will just give them a free pass. Not me, I am not afraid to speak my mind with people. This is a joke! If the Falcons pulled something like this we would never hear the end of it. I expect to see some comments about this and soon. I think they should have to pay a fine or something for this nonsense. Step up people and call out the mighty Richlands! :mad:

Went down to va high to watch the blues but they where a no show. The ad got a call from rhs ad around 420pm for a 7pm game that they would not be there. The team that was going to play the blues had to turn around and go back home. Just want others opinion with the weather and so many missed games I think we needed this extra game time. I do not think the g men or cc either one are better than us but we lack chemistry and somtimes you only get that by playing. Secondly for years I've sit back and watched everyone around play in great tournaments that made them better. We get in one this year and stub our nose to them very smart on our part.

From what I`ve seen Richlands is not better than CC or Abingdon!

i was there and from what i heard they said they "didn't know about the game until an hour before"...lol...which is BS...i knew about the game a week ago so how i would know and they wouldn't is beyond me.

Reminded me of sitting at Viking Hall back in the day at a "No Show" Jones concert lol.

I love the blues but this was a stupid move you need playing time. I think by the end of the year with playing time together they are better I watched both games. Little mistakes lost the gh game. I was there yesterday also and personaly seen the email that was sent to every school involved including my blues and it was sent and responded to last Sunday so they like eveybody else knew for a week. Lost for words can not defend somthing this crazy.

My opinion, Richlands should have to take a forfeit. They knew, they just didn't want to play or had players sick/injured and didn't think they could win. So take the loss anyway.

only fair they should get a loss...and they should have to pay the expenses for the team that did show up and had to turn around and go back home.

I am not sure where your are getting your information that the game was canceled just hours before they were suppose to play. I was at the Marion game the night before and they had already told the parents and the players that they canceled the game for Saturday. Also I live in Johnson City and have seen Elizabethon play and I believe their Varsity girls team would beat them. A game that they could have benefited from would have been nice, but this game wouldn't have. They need to rest before the district play and i think it was the right move.

I must be eatching a different blues team than you are they need playing time together I know all the kids and they are better than what or how they've been playing. It comes down to playing time with the way the weather has been. Anygame would be netter than none. And I was there all day and I saw the email and all and was talking at the front door beside the office and heard the dir tell the team to turn around that richlands was not coming and that was around 430 15 till so they players might have known but they did not in bristol. Also the tea. They had to play may have been a cake walk but like I said there are some good teams in this tour every yr and this was our first and we cancel yea well be nack next yr yea right.

I am not sure where your are getting your information that the game was canceled just hours before they were suppose to play. I was at the Marion game the night before and they had already told the parents and the players that they canceled the game for Saturday. Also I live in Johnson City and have seen Elizabethon play and I believe their Varsity girls team would beat them. A game that they could have benefited from would have been nice, but this game wouldn't have. They need to rest before the district play and i think it was the right move.

They should still get a forfeit and the team that traveled to VA High to play them should get to count it as a win. They at least showed up.

I have seen Richlands play this year, as well. I have not seen a cohesive team. I have seen a lot of rough, dirty play from them. They don't seem to have made the transition from football to basketball yet.