Bluefield VS Pheobus

Guest Highlanders

Guest Highlanders

I would like to see Bluefield play against one of the top high school football teams in the nation, Pheobus High School of Hampton, Va. In addition, I would like to see Bluefield also play against Independence High School of Charlotte, NC who was ranked number 1 in the nation.

I would like to see ESPN broadcast both games.

I would like to see Bluefield play against one of the top high school football teams in the nation, Pheobus High School of Hampton, Va. In addition, I would like to see Bluefield also play against Independence High School of Charlotte, NC who was ranked number 1 in the nation.

they would get annihilated. everyone from here would

We should all have dreams....... But Blu would get hammered!

I would like to see Bluefield play against one of the top high school football teams in the nation, Pheobus High School of Hampton, Va. In addition, I would like to see Bluefield also play against Independence High School of Charlotte,I would like to see ESPN broadcast both games.

WHY?

Bluefield has a great football program but i'll be the first Bluefield fan to say that it would be foolish for us to even consider playing these two teams.

In my opinion, year in and year out Bluefield has potential to field the most talented group of players in West Virginia "AA" football. But they cannot compete with the top "higher class" teams of VA

I would like to see ESPN broadcast both games.[/QUOt Dream on!

Realistically as good of a football program Bluefield is they are not on the same level as Pheobus and Independence. I don't think that Charlotte Country Day would compete with those schools. It would be interesting to see how Bluefield's best teams would measure up though.

I wouldn't. Bluefield would get beaten about as badly as Apollo Creed did when he faced Ivan Drago.

Beaten badly? He killed the poor guy....

I must break you...

The eerie part to me was when Apollo was trying to joke and kid with Drago before the fight. Apollo went to slap his gloves, and Drago tensed up so rigid that Apollo lurched forward when he hit them. "You will lose".

And Warner Wolf's epic line: "I can't get over the size of this Russian!"

But I digress.

Guest The Variable

Bluefield should play the Washington Redskins, they have a better chance at beating them than Pheobus...plus they wont have their personal stuff stolen.

The eerie part to me was when Apollo was trying to joke and kid with Drago before the fight. Apollo went to slap his gloves, and Drago tensed up so rigid that Apollo lurched forward when he hit them. "You will lose".

And Warner Wolf's epic line: "I can't get over the size of this Russian!"

But I digress.

"First thing you need to do is get Apollo a ladder."

Good to see that the school banned the players from the first three games next season, I dont know if that is enough but that is a pretty stern punishment IMO. High school football players are only guaranteed 40 games so to have to sit out 3 is quite a few.

Its pretty embarassing for the program, school and players families

Guest Highlanders

Well, schools such as Pulaski County & Salem weren't afraid to go up against the best teams in the nation as well as the state. Sure, teams like Pheobus, Independence, & Hoover (AL) have great programs and success but, you can actually strengthen a team like Bluefield by playing against the best.

There's Bluefield playing against Charlotte Country Day and Charlotte Latin who "supposed" to be the top prep schools in North Carolina. I can recall, a 2002 Hidden Valley (Roanoke) football team who had just became in existence beating a good Charlotte Country Day team 56-21 and Giles beating Charlotte Latin a couple of years before that. Bluefield used to become stronger in the old days playing against AAA powers such as Patrick Henry (Roanoke) and Pulaski County.

This just shows how bad West Virginia high school football really is if you aren't willing to play teams in the next level from another state such as Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. If you want to be the best you have to play the best no matter how big, small, and tough a team is.

I can support playing a challenging schedule, but getting the crap kicked out of you helps very little. If Bluefield was expected to have some of their best teams right now then a schedule like that makes sense, but not right now. To each his own but I just dont understand it

Well, schools such as Pulaski County & Salem weren't afraid to go up against the best teams in the nation as well as the state. Sure, teams like Pheobus, Independence, & Hoover (AL) have great programs and success but, you can actually strengthen a team like Bluefield by playing against the best.

There's Bluefield playing against Charlotte Country Day and Charlotte Latin who "supposed" to be the top prep schools in North Carolina. I can recall, a 2002 Hidden Valley (Roanoke) football team who had just became in existence beating a good Charlotte Country Day team 56-21 and Giles beating Charlotte Latin a couple of years before that. Bluefield used to become stronger in the old days playing against AAA powers such as Patrick Henry (Roanoke) and Pulaski County.

This just shows how bad West Virginia high school football really is if you aren't willing to play teams in the next level from another state such as Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. If you want to be the best you have to play the best no matter how big, small, and tough a team is.

There is no way it would benefit Bluefield. They wouldn't be able to field a team the following week. LOL