Swd

BlueTornadoFan

Guest The Variable
The same team that's taken it since 2004.

They still have that Devon Thomas kid...boy what a beast he was. He was all the Poquoson folks would talk about after the State Championship. Of course he stuck out like NBA center at a midget convention too.

They still have that Devon Thomas kid...boy what a beast he was. He was all the Poquoson folks would talk about after the State Championship. Of course he stuck out like NBA center at a midget convention too.

The more I hear of him, the sadder I am that Marshall's got a verbal from him.

his name is Devon Johnson, not Devon Thomas lol

Guest The Variable
his name is Devon Johnson, not Devon Thomas lol

My mistake. Either way, I wish him a healthy senior year.

Devon is a heck of a player, but we also have a very good QB & kicker coming back in Reese Strong, and we have Josh Hess at tackle and Taylor Wade at C and Colton Staten will give Devon a rest at RB and maybe at LB. Remember that name, he is going to be a stud RB and LB in the near future. he was a Fr this year but he still got a lot of carries and should see a lot of action this year. I think AJ Johnson ( Devon's brother ) will be a Jr and he can flat out fly ! He'll get a lot of playing time this year also.

They have a very good nucleus to build around this year, but they will be replacing a lot of talent. Wide outs & DB's is where we will really be hurting. But Mance always seems to have someone coming up.

Devon is a heck of a player, but we also have a very good QB & kicker coming back in Reese Strong, and we have Josh Hess at tackle and Taylor Wade at C and Colton Staten will give Devon a rest at RB and maybe at LB. Remember that name, he is going to be a stud RB and LB in the near future. he was a Fr this year but he still got a lot of carries and should see a lot of action this year. I think AJ Johnson ( Devon's brother ) will be a Jr and he can flat out fly ! He'll get a lot of playing time this year also.

They have a very good nucleus to build around this year, but they will be replacing a lot of talent. Wide outs & DB's is where we will really be hurting. But Mance always seems to have someone coming up.

This is what I love about high school football. Every season is like turning the page to another chapter. New kids getting a chance to show what they’ve got. Last season was great for Richlands, and this season should be fun to watch. It will be tough to match what the 2010 team accomplished, but that’s what makes it fun for the fans and players...the challenge.

This is what I love about high school football. Every season is like turning the page to another chapter. New kids getting a chance to show what they’ve got. Last season was great for Richlands, and this season should be fun to watch. It will be tough to match what the 2010 team accomplished, but that’s what makes it fun for the fans and players...the challenge.

I agree with you bama. High school football is great ! The coaches have to adapt to different teams every year and they are never sure what they really have until the season starts.

It's fun to watch the young kids grow into the future stars and role players !

I dont think Richlands would go away from the spread but w/ Johnson at RB and the turnover/inexperience at WR would Mance maybe go to more I formation?

Its hard to have a D1 RB on your team and not put a FB in front of him.

From a 7 team district down to a 5 team district, Tazewell plays all 4 SWD games at the end of the season, they have a lot of returning players, could make for a good season... but who knows we will find out when the end of August rolls around...

I am going to hold off on my prediction but you guys know how I feel. Stripes has already made his prediction and I can give you one hint-he does not like the Dawgs! :D One more hint, there is no major cloud in the forecast. :eek:

I am going to hold off on my prediction but you guys know how I feel. Stripes has already made his prediction and I can give you one hint-he does not like the Dawgs! :D One more hint, there is no major cloud in the forecast. :eek:

So seriously, what will Abingdon look like next year? Who will step up to take Hess's place? What will they return to the table, lost several skilled players ? Talk some football it might be interesting for a change.

The Clouds are fine where I'm at. One must remember how extreme this year's Storm was, most major damage done by halftime.

Is doesn't have to be that extreme to do very well.