Malibu Mark Palmer

eastboundanddown

I wouldnt say that it wont happen again, but they did have some talent there for a few years.

Did Holston win the HOGO in the last couple of years?

I may be WAY off but I seem to recall a year or two back that they went or were close to state? Don't take that to heart though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say that it wont happen again, but they did have some talent there for a few years.

Did Holston win the HOGO in the last couple of years?

Holston has not won the Hogo since 1984 the days of Barr and Asher but they did win the Region C Div.1 title in 08 and 09.

I knew they won region those two years, 08 they got destroyed by Clintwood and 09 just bairley lost to JI Burton(by 2 points). But I didnt think they had won district.

Who are Barr and Asher? Details please

I knew they won region those two years, 08 they got destroyed by Clintwood and 09 just bairley lost to JI Burton(by 2 points). But I didnt think they had won district.

Who are Barr and Asher? Details please

Reid Barr and Oliver Asher were 2 of the best ball players Holston has ever seen. Reid was a QB and Oliver was a workhorse RB. Reid got a full ride to Austin Peay but something happened and I'm not sure how long he spent there. Not sure if Oliver got any offers but in 83 and 84 Holston won the Hogo because of these guys.

Jonah58 aka Malibu Mark Palmer you'd better stick with knowing about drumming and marching, b/c since St. Paul is goine you'd have a longer stay at PH if you were trying to do band then you will in Football.

Wow what a grudge. Palmer fire you? Beat you out for a job? Must have out done you in some way for you to be so jealous.

Wow what a grudge. Palmer fire you? Beat you out for a job? Must have out done you in some way for you to be so jealous.

His deep burinig desire to put down Palmer is suspicious

Thanks 2dalejrfanz

thanks, I really enjoy local sports history.

Ok a few questions,

Where were Rural Retreat before '72, George Wythe before '90 and John Battle before '94?

Patrick Henry was a AA school before '88, right? What District, Southwest?

Edited by redtiger

I will if I can. This is what ive got

The old Haysi helmets are wrong(I think). Haysi may have had white helmets w/ red paws at one time but they also had white helmets w/ a blue tigers logo(it looked similar to the old GIANTS logo w/ the line under the writing) white facemasks, back in the day Haysi used blue/white later moving to red/white/blue. Also since '01 Haysi hasnt had any logo on the helmets, just red helmets w/ white facemasks.

JJ Kelly also wore red helmets w/ a white K(no trim around the K) white facemasks and a white stripe accross the top in the late 90s until BI Salyers became the head coach(maybe 04?)

Coeburn is now wearing white helmets w/ knights written in cursive in blue, not sure on facemask color, I think white but not 100%

Up until 07(?) Clintwood wore green helmets w/ white numbers on both sides, dark green facemasks, the helmet stripe was like '73- Graham but 3 white stripes

Late 90s - ? Castlewood wore blue helmets w/ a white flameing C(calgary flames logo) I think white facemasks

From the late 90s until the current helmets JI Burton wore the 93 style helmets w/ a thick orange stripe(U of tennessee style)

Anything else let me know

Edited by redtiger

I will if I can. This is what ive got

The old Haysi helmets are wrong(I think). Haysi may have had white helmets w/ red paws at one time but they also had white helmets w/ a blue tigers logo(it looked similar to the old GIANTS logo w/ the line under the writing) white facemasks, back in the day Haysi used blue/white later moving to red/white/blue. Also since '01 Haysi hasnt had any logo on the helmets, just red helmets w/ white facemasks.

JJ Kelly also wore red helmets w/ a white K(no trim around the K) white facemasks and a white stripe accross the top in the late 90s until BI Salyers became the head coach(maybe 04?)

Coeburn is now wearing white helmets w/ knights written in cursive in blue, not sure on facemask color, I think white but not 100%

Up until 07(?) Clintwood wore green helmets w/ white numbers on both sides, dark green facemasks, the helmet stripe was like '73- Graham but 3 white stripes

Late 90s - ? Castlewood wore blue helmets w/ a white flameing C(calgary flames logo) I think white facemasks

From the late 90s until the current helmets JI Burton wore the 93 style helmets w/ a thick orange stripe(U of tennessee style)

Anything else let me know

I have a picture of the white one with the red paw from a '79 newspaper.

I will make the changes to the dates on the red helmets with the paw and add a plain red one.

I will need a picture of the logo you're describing in your first paragraph.

What font was JJ Kelly's K?

Will need an image for Castlewood's.

Coeburn's, Clintwood's, and JI Burton's are do-able without images.

Thanks!

Guess youre right on the 79 helmets, like I said I wasnt sure. I have no idea what years for the white helmets w/ the blue TIGERS logo

I dont have any photos so I cant really help you there.

JJ Kelly, it looked just like the Kentucky UK logo but of course w/o the U, it was similar in size to their '93 logo

Castlewoods Fire C was sharp! I have no idea why they went away from it?

I think the Coeburn logo I described was used sometime in the 90s. When their current coach played they were really good and he is trying to rekindle that knight pride and using the old logo is part of that but im not sure on the years, mid 90s maybe?

How are the '78 - present Graham logos different?

Edited by redtiger

Guess youre right on the 79 helmets, like I said I wasnt sure. I have no idea what years for the white helmets w/ the blue TIGERS logo

I dont have any photos so I cant really help you there.

JJ Kelly, it looked just like the Kentucky UK logo but of course w/o the U, it was similar in size to their '93 logo

I think the Coeburn logo I described was used sometime in the 90s. When their current coach played they were really good and he is trying to rekindle that knight pride and using the old logo is part of that but im not sure on the years, mid 90s maybe?

For JJ K, just take the 93 logo, make the helmet red, logo white, no trim and add stripes? I can do that.

Can you find me any logo similar to the Castlewood one? I maybe can make it work.

I think I've seen the Coeburn logo in a newspaper, I'll sift through and see what I can find. It should be pretty easy to make.

JJK, yeah 1 white stripe

Castlewoods logo

http://www.nhlhockeyarenas.com/images/Calgary-Flames-Logo.gif

the red part would be white, the yellow part would be blue(to match the helmets) and the black part would be white, im pretty sure on that, hope that helps

Coeburn is really simple(too simple IMO)

JJK, yeah 1 white stripe

Castlewoods logo

http://www.nhlhockeyarenas.com/images/Calgary-Flames-Logo.gif

the red part would be white, the yellow part would be blue(to match the helmets) and the black part would be white, im pretty sure on that, hope that helps

Coeburn is really simple(too simple IMO)

Cool. I found an image of the Coeburn helmet online. I'll see what I can do with these. If you find anything else feel free to email me. hogo_sportz@yahoo.com

Awesome!

hate to be picky but,

Clintwoods looks better w/ a double digit number JMO

Coeburns knights is smaller I think and are the facemasks blue or white?

But those look great, incredible

Edited by redtiger

Coeburn's facemasks are blue. I have a picture of it that was used to replicate.

As for the number, I usually use a number of the latest year I know it was used. In this case I think we decided 05. Thus "5" was picked.

Thanks

Also since '01 Haysi hasnt had any logo on the helmets, just red helmets w/ white facemasks.

It was before the 01 season. All through the 90's there was not a logo on Haysi's helmet.

Edited by OLINE77

I knew some had them and some didnt (for no particular reason) in '99 almost all had them, a few even do now. In '00 some had them and we made a point of tearing them off in '01(we were trying to forget the '00 season)

The white ones w/ TIGERS may have had "spirit stickers" that were little blue paws but in not sure. I saw the logo in a friends fathers football scrapbook and the little stickers were in there with the big sticker but I dont know if they were worn or just given out

I'd really like to see the Richlands helments from the early 90's till now. Not sure but I think they had about 7 or 8 different logos the past 20 years. Even had silver helments a couple of years.

I'd really like to see the Richlands helments from the early 90's till now. Not sure but I think they had about 7 or 8 different logos the past 20 years. Even had silver helments a couple of years.

If you have any pics, good descriptions, yearbook scans, etc. I'll see what I can have made.

hogo_sportz@yahoo.com

Castlewood came into the Cumberland in the fall of 1996. I do not remember that logo, so it must have been from earlier. It seems like when I played them they had blue helmets with a devils head logo on each side. One year it was crazy large, around 97 or 98 I think.