New Graham Coach?

Graham-VT Fan

I guess we will know by tuesday, or perhaps monday night (after board meeting) who Graham's new coach is, unless the guy they picked has had 2nd thoughts and decided to turn it down.(which could happen)...then we'd have to wait an entire month for the next school board meeting, but I'm sure they'd call a special session to approve a new hire. They need to get somebody in there ASAP. Especially if the new coach is from out of the area, they'd have to find a place to live, move...and all the hassel that goes along with that...Practice is only 6 weeks away. Surely a couple of the assistants are getting the kids in the weight room already....

And before you all start posting telling me to "be patient"....and "you'll find out on monday"....I'll just say "I KNOW!!!!", leave me alone and let me speculate, will ya?

Personally, I like Wyatt and Baker.

Edited by futbolking

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone other than wyatt is a shock in my opinion

I think Wyatt would be a mistake. I'm not sure of his age or close retirement is, but I think they need a younger guy. Not a 21 year old, but someone who could get settled in and be there for many years. It seems like maybe they have offered Baker, but does the guy have any reason to come here?

Uh, yeah. Because its Graham High School. Regardless of how the last 6 seasons have went it's one of the best jobs in the state if you factor in everything except money. Everything is there to win.

Yeah, I don't think the money would be much different....according to online records, the football coach at Allegheny makes 15% of base....and baker makes an extra 3% in the winter and 3 % in the summer for being the weightroom supervisor....if my research is correct...

So, I believe that he would probably be taking a slight pay cut if he took the job at Graham, unless he is offered a way to make additional $$.

If in fact it is Baker and if in fact he does accept the job.....I would have to wonder if he has ties in the area...or if he's doing it because it was at one time one of the better football programs in the state in any classification.

Could be other factors, he may have family from here, his wife may be from here...who knows what goes through a man's mind....but I think it would be a great hire and Graham would be very fortunate to get him.

Yeah, I don't think the money would be much different....according to online records, the football coach at Allegheny makes 15% of base....and baker makes an extra 3% in the winter and 3 % in the summer for being the weightroom supervisor....if my research is correct...

So, I believe that he would probably be taking a slight pay cut if he took the job at Graham, unless he is offered a way to make additional $$.

If in fact it is Baker and if in fact he does accept the job.....I would have to wonder if he has ties in the area...or if he's doing it because it was at one time one of the better football programs in the state in any classification.

Could be other factors, he may have family from here, his wife may be from here...who knows what goes through a man's mind....but I think it would be a great hire and Graham would be very fortunate to get him.

Well this is my point. Graham has great tradition, but it's not like it's Permian High School where he will be paid to only coach football. My point is that I'm not sure he has strong family ties etc...to the area. I've heard he has a wife and children who will have to be uproooted and move, not to mention a job for the wife in an area that isn't offering a lot in that category. I hope they get who they want, but I'm curious if this guy takes it.