NBA Conference Finals

So it looks like it'll be the Oklahoma City Thunder and Dallas Mavericks in the Western championship and the Chicago Bulls have already taken a one game lead against the Miami Heat in the Eastern championship. Did anyone else see the Bulls/Heat game last night? Basically one point game until the 4th and the Bulls took it by 21 points. I wonder if Lebron and the others cried after this loss to the Bulls too? lol.

So it looks like it'll be the Oklahoma City Thunder and Dallas Mavericks in the Western championship and the Chicago Bulls have already taken a one game lead against the Miami Heat in the Eastern championship. Did anyone else see the Bulls/Heat game last night? Basically one point game until the 4th and the Bulls took it by 21 points. I wonder if Lebron and the others cried after this loss to the Bulls too? lol.

It was a great defensive game for the Bulls last night. Tom Thibodeau is absolutely living up to his defensive reputation. Also, it doesn't hurt when you have 6'11" Joakim Noah able to step out and guard the perimeter. It's going to be tough to score on this Bulls team.

They looked great last night! The Heat looked good in the open floor with James / Wade running the break, but looked lacking in the half court game. As long as Chicago limits TO's, rebounds, and get the lift from their bench that they got last night.....Heat might be home sooner than later.

How about Tahj Gibson's dunk.....or the other 3 ish they threw down?

The Bulls might win this in 5. Heat have the 3 best players, but Bulls clearly have the better team.

I, for one, hope Chicago smokes them like this every game.

Yes Sir!

The Heat have talent in those three players, but TEAM cohesion is awful. At this point in the playoffs, you have to be able to know how each other is going to react in certain situations and they don't seem to have a clue. Carless TOs hurt them a great deal. Bosh had a nice game, but the other two looked like the supporting cast. The Bulls D is unbelieveable!

Heat take Game 2. They were my "team" as soon as "The Decision." LeBron and D-Wade are probably my favorites in the league so I'm pulling for them.

Games in Miami go to the Heat and Game 6 does too. Miami in 6.

For the Western Conference, Dallas in 5. I like Durant a lot, but Dirk is too strong IMO.

Guest The Variable
Heat take Game 2. They were my "team" as soon as "The Decision." LeBron and D-Wade are probably my favorites in the league so I'm pulling for them.

For the Western Conference, Dallas in 5. I like Durant a lot, but Dirk is too strong IMO.

I used to like Lebron until "the decision" then he became "the D-bag". Rose has got more class in his non-shooting hand than Lebron will have in his entire career after that display of self-love. I never had much of a problem with Wade though. Still if Miami didnt win another game for the next 5-6 years, I wouldnt be sympathetic at all. Its not like their fans care either.

*edit* The Lebron thing goes down as an even bigger ego move than when TO wanted to get out of San Fransisco. Bigger than when John Elway refused to play for the Colts. In a society where we all recognize that it takes humility to be a real man and a real sports hero, Lebron has now become its antithesis.

Edited by The Variable

And he's still no less fun to watch dominate the sport.

The difference with me is I also used to pull for LeBron and Cleveland because they were the underdog most of the time. When he made the move to Miami after the "Big Show", that totally changed my opinion of him. Not so much that he left for greener pastures, but the way he left was way too "over the top" for my taste. I now find much pleasure when he gets his arse handed to him. Go Bulls!

The last game kinda surprised me. I knew it would be a lot closer in the end than the last game where the Bulls won by 20 (can't remember the exact score), but I didn't see the Bulls losing on their own court by 10. Could be a couple of rough games for the Bulls in Miami.

As for Lebron James, I'm really not a fan. He's an extremely talented player, but there's just way too much hype surrounding his teaming up in Miami. I think the thing that bothers me most isn't necessarily James himself though, but the fact that everyone thought it would be the super team with James, Bosh, and Wade, but we've seen how it's gone so far. This was the first time they beat the Bulls this season if I'm not mistaken. They could still turn into the best team in the league next season, but everyone thought they should just give up because the Heat was going to go undefeated in their first season with these guys (except for Rose and the Bulls of course ;) ).

Edited by ThomasDenton

Anybody that really watches the games knew going into this season that the Heat were going to be a work in progress. For the most part on the offensive end they play 3 on 5 with the Big relied upon to do most of the scoring or creating for others to score. The biggest strength of putting these 3 guys together isn't on the offensive end but on the defensive end. When their heads are in it and play with passion and intensity, the Heat play absolute shutdown defense. Rose was mostly invisible last night down the stretch. Miami is able to switch most ball screens and keep him contained and away from attacking the rim. The reason Chicago won G1 was all the 2nd chance points and Haslem showing up last night took away that option from the Bulls. Thought before the series that Miami would win in 6 and I am sticking by that. The Bulls have been pretty bad on the road this season so I'd expect the series to go back to Chicago 3-1 Heat.

As far as The Decision goes, was definitely over the top, but I really don't think the whole ESPN thing was all Lebron's idea. There were multiple people in his ear making that whole thing go down. Lebron had every right to leave Cleveland and did so. Can't fault him for that.

Guest The Variable

As far as The Decision goes, was definitely over the top, but I really don't think the whole ESPN thing was all Lebron's idea. There were multiple people in his ear making that whole thing go down. Lebron had every right to leave Cleveland and did so. Can't fault him for that.

I dont begrudge him leaving the Cavs, though it was sad to see him go because it demoralized an already demoralized area...hopefully the Indians are helping along with a Brown on the cover of Madden.

ESPN is partially at fault for the hype for pitching "the decision" but James HAD to agree with this for it to be what it was. It shows a lack of tact. Kind of like he said if he could dunk on anyone in the world he would dunk on President Bush. Real classy.

Kind of like he said if he could dunk on anyone in the world he would dunk on President Bush. Real classy.

If I could dunk, I would totally throw down on Bushy.

Lebron would show him what a WMD looks like, lol.

I used to like Lebron until "the decision" then he became "the D-bag". Rose has got more class in his non-shooting hand than Lebron will have in his entire career after that display of self-love. I never had much of a problem with Wade though. Still if Miami didnt win another game for the next 5-6 years, I wouldnt be sympathetic at all. Its not like their fans care either.

*edit* The Lebron thing goes down as an even bigger ego move than when TO wanted to get out of San Fransisco. Bigger than when John Elway refused to play for the Colts. In a society where we all recognize that it takes humility to be a real man and a real sports hero, Lebron has now become its antithesis.

Get out of my mind!!!

Guest The Variable
If I could dunk, I would totally throw down on Bushy.

Lebron would show him what a WMD looks like, lol.

Regardless. MJ wouldnt make that comment, Jerry Rice wouldnt make that comment, Derek Jeter wouldnt make that comment. MJ by all accounts is a bit of a jerk in his personal life, but that never entered his professional career and he remains a role model for youths in athletics.

Hes a diva. Like TO, like Barkley like countless other trash that has come through the big 3 American Sports.

Watching the game last night, I actually learned some new names for the Heat other than Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, lol. If they can get their heads all the way in the game on defense and keep pushing the other guys on the team, they could very well go all the way. But I'm still pulling for my Bulls no matter what. Just imagine what it'll do the Lebron and the others' egos if they win?

Regardless. MJ wouldnt make that comment, Jerry Rice wouldnt make that comment, Derek Jeter wouldnt make that comment. MJ by all accounts is a bit of a jerk in his personal life, but that never entered his professional career and he remains a role model for youths in athletics.

Hes a diva. Like TO, like Barkley like countless other trash that has come through the big 3 American Sports.

TBH, that WAS his entire professional career prior to 1991. I know the 6 titles in 8 years make it easy to forget, but Jordan's pathological overcompetitiveness crippled his '88-'89 and '89-'90 Bulls teams. So hard on teammates to the level that he destroyed their confidence. Picked fights in practice just to assert his dominance. Pretty much a worse version of Kobe Bryant, and a yes-man coach like Doug Collins was only gonna let it get worse and worse.

Phil Jackson adopted the Triangle at the start of the '90-'91 season, and as they say, the rest was history.

Guest The Variable
TBH, that WAS his entire professional career prior to 1991. I know the 6 titles in 8 years make it easy to forget, but Jordan's pathological overcompetitiveness crippled his '88-'89 and '89-'90 Bulls teams. So hard on teammates to the level that he destroyed their confidence. Picked fights in practice just to assert his dominance. Pretty much a worse version of Kobe Bryant, and a yes-man coach like Doug Collins was only gonna let it get worse and worse.

Phil Jackson adopted the Triangle at the start of the '90-'91 season, and as they say, the rest was history.

Actually I did not know about that at all. Basketball is easily the sport I have the weakest knowledge on...except for cricket, wtf.

Actually I did not know about that at all. Basketball is easily the sport I have the weakest knowledge on...except for cricket, wtf.

I share an office with an Indian. I know me some cricket, unfortunately.

I'm weak in pre-90's NBA history and Lacross. And men's beach volleyball.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. I was off by a game.

For the Finals: Heat in 6.