The Sweater Vest is Out

Hacker

My reply from the Chatbox: "The dirty world of college football just got a little less grimy..."

but the pro world probably just picked up a sweater vest lol.

I'm still a little mad towards Nick Saban. Leaving my fins like that. "No, I'm not going back to college football"

This is not a statement meant toward you Rocks, but there are some Miami fans that still to this day talk about Saban like he is the antichrist. I mean it boggles the mind that after over 4 plus years these guys still hold onto this hatred because he basically (and admittedly) handled the situation terribly, but good grief...enough is enough. LSU people don't even hate Saban as much as some Miami people. One sports writer said on national TV recently that Saban was the scum of the earth, and he wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire! The man did not like coaching in the pros, so he came back to college to coach at Bama. I'm glad he did. Hell I don't even think West Virginia people hate Rich Rod as much as Miami people hate Saban.

It's about time, Tressel is a joke, he is one cancer that college football doesn't need, and the funniest part is.. it only get worse for OSU from here... there is lots of talk about bigger things still to come out.

A very interesting. but not surprising article, being a fan of Alabama and always hearing everyone talk it up about how the SEC cheats and all, it is cruel irony that it is now coming out that pretty much all the major conferences have their hands in the cookie jar, the NCAA just decides who's hands it wants to smack while they have them in there.Personally with U$C and now OSU getting ambushed, I can't think of two better schools for it to happen too, and I think the Vols aren't out of the woods yet either.

And the 2011 Big 10 Champions -----The Nebraska Cornhuskers. I thought that we could beat OSU anyway with pryor and crew making their season debut in Lincoln. But now I guarentee Nebraska plays in the Rose Bowl after winning the Big 10 in our first year as a conference member.

Christmas has came early for this Husker.

Wouldn't bet that. Wisconsin may put a wrinkle in that plan. As a Penn State and Big 10/11/etc fan I am excited about the Huskers joining. Should make for some classic games and instant rivalries.

agreed. Nebraska is a natural fit for the Big 10. Our style of football fits in with perfectly with those schools. Speaking of Penn State, I'm looking forward to that match up in Happy Valley more than any other game. PSU would have to be my 2nd favorite school and who knows how many more years we'll get to see Joe Pa on the sidelines.

Sweater Vest didn't deserve the time or dignity to "resign." He should have been sh!t canned within a few days of of the information coming out that he tried to hide what the players were doing. I spoke to an AD from a well respected university a couple of weeks ago and he said the same thing that he should have been canned almost immediately.

Granted, I'm not a fan of the NCAA or how they handle a lot of things, but the whole business is getting more scummy by the year no matter what.

Sweater Vest didn't deserve the time or dignity to "resign." He should have been sh!t canned within a few days of of the information coming out that he tried to hide what the players were doing. I spoke to an AD from a well respected university a couple of weeks ago and he said the same thing that he should have been canned almost immediately.

Granted, I'm not a fan of the NCAA or how they handle a lot of things, but the whole business is getting more scummy by the year no matter what.

Gordon Gee wasn't entirely joking with that "I hope he doesn't fire me" crack.

Tressel was the most powerful man in Columbus. That's always a bad sign.